What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

i hate alcohol

My name is jay, and I'm an alcoholic.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure drinking is a fine thing to do if you can handle it, but it's a shitty escape from reality. The problem with me was that I would drink because I was unhappy; it would make me feel different, but not better, so I would drink more and more. Then it would make me frustrated, sometimes angry, always confused, always crazy. The blacking out wasn't fun either; being told about all the stupid stuff I did by my friends... terrible. At least I only ever hurt myself; never drove a car thank god.

I'll still have a beer or a wine if it's time, but I just nurse it because I know what it does to me. I'm glad those days are behind me.

CaptainTrips

I don't think it will work out bro, but hey, it's your weed, go for it!

I would suggest a quick wash using Ever Clear, not vodka and make sure it's the 190 proof Ever Clear. Put the weed in a big plastic Zip lock bag, add some Ever Clear and gently kneed it and shake it around for 10 minutes. Strain it through a coffee filter (I do it three times) and then either let it evaporate or use one of the methods I describe in the tutorial article posted on this site. Out friggin' standing hard candy and gooey oil that will make yo' cherry ass crawl all over the floor while your eyes pop out of your expanding skull and roll around on the floor chasing yo' sorry ass.

Hey, it could happen...

Plastic and high proof alcohol are not good mixtures, im not sure if any plasicisers would be left behind in the weed, but better to use something safe. With that said im about to fire up my still. hehe

BudBo

My moms been a alcoholic for over 20 years now she has kidney problems along wit depression n other body problems

She recently tried to commit suicide bcus of her addiction

I've had conversations wit her n we've been completely honest

She sees nothin rong wit cannabis bcus she sees how i handle my life n how it doesn't make everything end in shit(doesn't effect my life negatively)

We've talked bout me having my card n she says she wished she could've started out jus smoking "pot" so she never ended up havin the problems she has now

Shes been sober for bout a month now n i'm slowly steppin away from alcohol

sadly at times i still use it (i'm not too humble to say how low shit can get sometimes)bcus it does make everything go away for the time bein n makes things not matter

i'm a hypocrit in 1 way n 1 way only i don't like how alcohol works ppl n how it effects them but i like how it effects me if i'm not wanting to care bout anything jus take some shots n it all goes away

But i'm mostly out of that mentality i kno its not the rite way to think but it don't mean it don't sneak up in our minds u kno?

Cannabis is the greatest medicane for everything even emotional problems it givs u time in ur head to think bout things unlike how alcohol goes in n makes it unable to think clearly

Jus my :2cents:

BudBo

NOKUY

Veteran
alcohol....the cause and solution to all of lifes problems- homer j

drunk-chick.jpg

T

TroubleGuy

Alcohol blows. I used to like it, but recently realized that every day after I do some drinking I feel depressed and edgy...plus the beer shits the next morning man I hate that.

I still like drinking, but I'll brew my own beer someday soon so the rich bitches don't get my cash

M

movingtocally

I like alcohol. It got me to fuck outside my weight class many a night.

It's kind of a common thing in canna communities to rip on various other substances to self justify thanks to societal condemnation of our chosen poison. Alcohol, while harsher than marijuana, is a lot of fun, tastes good, and is fine when used intelligently.

This isn't the fault of alcohol. This is the fault of a selfish prick who should have called a cab.

Alcohol blows. I used to like it, but recently realized that every day after I do some drinking I feel depressed and edgy...plus the beer shits the next morning man I hate that.

I still like drinking, but I'll brew my own beer someday soon so the rich bitches don't get my cash

I brew my own beer, and make my own mead and wine. I have quite a few gallons of stuff fermenting right now as a matter of fact.

I give much of it away, and drink some myself. Get good at brewing your own (not really difficult if you have good ingredients), and you'll likely never buy crappy mass produced store bought shit again.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Alcohol is a bitch fa real. I quit drinkin last august after 8 years of drunkin-ness. Started sippin bout 2 weeks ago then lately I been on tuff again. finna stop again tho, but its tuff.

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
Tell me about it..i got the worst hangover ever.

BAN BIRTHDAY PARTIES! I usually don't drink much but when someone invites you to a party you gotta do what you gotta do..

I like alcohol, a really nice red wine once in awhile (doesn't have to be very expensive to be good either, some just have a nice snap and a pop and cost around ten bucks).

And very rarely a good beer, just to many carbs in a beer that kinda plays with the buzz. I mostly find that alcohol is best when it brings up other feelings. Such as another drug that was in my system, but I couldn't feel; even a drug that was in me a week ago. I dunno, I drank a bottle of wine days or even weeks after some pure kratom isolates and man did it feel like love. Or after some mescaline, really made me feel euphoric; even though the mescaline was weeks before.

I used to feel euphoric a lot more frequently drinking when I was younger, not all of the time but more predicatively. It is very sad to see someone waste away with alcohol, it is really very frustrating the games alcoholics are prone too. I never found weed to be what people are afraid it can be like, it is not quite like alcoholism..........more like masturbation.

bterzz

Veteran
I'm drunk as FUCK right now and I hate it. I would much rather be super stoned. shit

i dont even like cussing, SPECIALLY on public message boards, but here I go, like a truck driver. damn..

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
I like to have a drink once in a while...not to get drunk, I like fine red wines and an occasional rum something. I hate what happens when alcohol is abused....it's devastating. I respect people who choose not to drink...

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
I like a lil drink every now and then too, just like all things moderation is key. Alcoholics and drunkards are obnoxious as fuck tho

S

sparkjumper

Its not the alcohol you hate,its certain people that you hate when they consume alcohol.Its hard to hate an inanimate object lol.I dont hate guns,but I despise the motherfucker pointing one at me!Put the blame where it belongs which is people

I enjoy the buzz off a beer occasionally with some herb. The only times I drink semi regularly (a few high acohol level 6 packs a week) is in times like this when I can't enjoy my lovely weed. I definately love weed a lot more than beer...but beer is enjoyable in its moments.