What's new

I gave up the major leagues for weed

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Not exactly, it was more the principle than the weed.

I had a chance for the major leagues. I was doing coca and beer at the time, and weed. I was tested and the weed showed.

I was talking to the Dodgers a recruiter told me All I had to give up was the weed. Coca is out of your system faster. I don't know what I was thinking, but I basically told him to fuck himself (we were both spanish speakers)

I was cool, I did okay I have had some breaks and have sold out a bit on my 15 minutes of fame, but I will always wonder if I would have been better than Bonds. I am super fast, had a good eye (that is gone completely now) and I could hit freakishly far. I can still get a hit from an average guy, but pros can fool me.

What I am getting at was about submitting to contemporary culture.

Someone asked me about my past ball career today and it got me thinking. I wonder today if I would give up being me for a chance for fortune and fame being acting like someone else, It is kind of like selling your ass.

Cappy

That is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity. And the lifelong rewards from earning even a MLB minimum salary, about half a million in 2012, would be too much for me to walk away from. Of course I say this as someone 25 years beyond kids making those decisions. I was a partyin' mthrfckr at 20 years old. Who the hell knows what 20 something me would have done. Probably gone for chasing the buzz, just like you.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
good for you, fuck the system and submitting to contemporary culture.

one day we will all be free of this bullshit !!!!

You got what it takes for the majors?

You got what it takes for the majors?

mlb-mustache-6.gif

stache01.jpg

Not exactly, it was more the principle than the weed.

I had a chance for the major leagues. I was doing coca and beer at the time, and weed. I was tested and the weed showed.

I was talking to the Dodgers a recruiter told me All I had to give up was the weed. Coca is out of your system faster. I don't know what I was thinking, but I basically told him to fuck himself (we were both spanish speakers)

I was cool, I did okay I have had some breaks and have sold out a bit on my 15 minutes of fame, but I will always wonder if I would have been better than Bonds. I am super fast, had a good eye (that is gone completely now) and I could hit freakishly far) I can still get a hit from an average guy, but pros can fool me.

What I am getting at was about submitting to contemporary culture.

Someone asked me about my past ball career today and it got me thinking. I wonder today if I would give up being me for a chance for fortune and fame being acting like someone else, It is kind of like selling your ass.
You do have some stories - Girlfriend, coca, sports, legal woes, etc., etc., etc.

My old man told me long time ago - "the more a man talks about himself, the less you should believe."

You are right - it is like you are selling your ass.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love baseball

it's such a unique and complex sport

that it is but damn its slow as fuck... i fall asleep during most games listening to the broadcasters ramble on and on in between pitches... then guess what... BALL! start all over again. lol

there is a lot of strategy thats 4 sure

L

longearedfriend

I agree that it can be slow..

golftv.jpg

but more enjoyable then watching golf :)

you could bring someone with you, to chat with, some buddies or even a girl who likes baseball

we had a team here, the team moved so I never had a chance to follow a team

I might hit up a game in the nearest city during the summer

I like the whole thing, the sport, all the different things a player can be good at

believe it or not, but some of these players are role models for younger kids

I like the way a field is arranged, how there are bases, home, a pitcher's mound

sometimes it can get agressive between teams, a human thing

the seriousness

homeruns, fouls, 3 strikes, your out

these guys playing pro, have been actually "playing" all their lives

and when I say playing, I mean it like we we're kids playing (not saying it's some easy shit but, some people dreamed of this...)

I like the whole culture around baseball too, the little hats they wear, their littles costumes

the fact that your hitting a ball with a wooden (are they still ?) bat

people have mits to catch balls

and everyone has his position on the field, it's like everyone is playing as one

you gotta keep your eyes open, things happen fast !

oh, and the coded signs the players/coaches have going

it's like war

baseball was much easier for me to understand as a kid then american football

I understood the kick-off, the reception, the touch down, the kick, all of that

but then there's all of the other stuff that one could simply not understand on his own

Molson

I guess it all boiled down to how badly you wanted to play the game.

Their league. Their rules. No drugs. You didn't like it? Tough shit. There's others waiting in line to take your place.

I mean... it's not like they denied you because of the color of your skin.

watts

ohms
Veteran
lot of people have undiagnosed ADD now days and can't focus on a game of baseball. Society has changed and everything is so boring now.

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree that it can be slow..

you could bring someone with you, to chat with, some buddies or even a girl who likes baseball

baseball was much easier for me to understand as a kid then american football

I understood the kick-off, the reception, the touch down, the kick, all of that

but then there's all of the other stuff that one could simply not understand on his own
yeah the best part is the tailgating.

one probably must play american football as a child to understand it, there are a lot of rules and fouls, and they are always changing making the game worse. but baseball has lots of silly hardly used rules as fouls as well

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
lot of people have undiagnosed ADD now days and can't focus on a game of baseball. Society has changed and everything is so boring now.

Back in the day we didn't have A.D.D. or A.D.H.D...

a friend explains it to me this way, let's call him Brian.

So one day, Brian's dad calls out to his son "Brian !!!". Being a young child Brian ignores or does not hear his dad. His dad smacks him in the head and his A.D.D. falls to ground never to return.

Lack of discipline has a lot to do with that shit if you ask me... Now I am not advocating child abuse and i don't condone slapping a kid in the head. my dad beat my ass with a belt TWICE in my life. From then on he had a look i understood and we had no further problems...

just sayin :tiphat:

watts

ohms
Veteran
lol.. yeah it's a # of things that are causing it. lack of discipline, junk foods, drugs, video games, internet, texting, etc.. people seem to crave instant stimulation and gratification or something.

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
attention isn't the issue for me, its the fact that there is so much idle time in the game even for those on the field.

i don't like watching a bunch of guys standing around waiting to perform some slightly athletic act. swing bat/catch ball/throw ball/jog bases.

pitching is the only thing that impresses me, the velocities plus the chess match. other than that theres nothing that i can't do almost as well so why waste a bunch of time watching others do things, id rather get out and do something myself... though i do watch games with my pops from time to time, cause that what he likes

watts

ohms
Veteran
hitting a major league pitch is one of the hardest things in all of sports. looks easy but def not. Michael Jordan couldn't even cut it. Gotta have the talent for it.

Latest posts

Latest posts