What's new

I found ARROWHEADS this week

B

bipotato

Look like some rocks too me
Some rocks that look like faces...
They all look like faces to me.
I've seen dull scissors that look sharper than that.

14741_1.jpg

ganjapool

Some rocks that look like faces...

I've seen dull scissors that look sharper than that.

14741_1.jpg

Actually an obsidian flake can be 50 to 100 times shaper than a razor. They use flint or obsidian scalpels for eye surgery even today, it doesn't leave a scar.

B

bipotato

Arrowheads are razor sharp when first made. When an animal is shot with one, they break off if they hit bone.
Do you have any evidence that these supposed arrowheads ever hit a bone? :thinking:

I mean, like, were you there to see it happen? If not...

ganjapool

Do you have any evidence that these supposed arrowheads ever hit a bone? :thinking:

I mean, like, were you there to see it happen? If not...

The rocks used to make arrowheads are brittle like glass. It doesn't even have to be bone. usually they break off and need to be remade if big enough or discarded if they were too small.

I took an experimental archeology class, we spent 3 weeks on arrowheads and blade making.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
neat stuff. used to find heads while plowing Dads garden spot for him. still find them while duck hunting, fishing, etc. keep looking!

B

bipotato

I once found a .223 casing while walking through the hood. Made you wonder who's doing drive-by's with rifles instead of pistols...

223remsx210.jpg

growclean

Grow Clean.... Go Fast!
Those are awesome. I have some that are passed down from my grandpa. These are a prized and cherished possession. If you do sell any, make sure to keep some for yourself. It will be a cool story for your family.

And... potato, there has to be better threads to up your post count then ones like this... chill...

B

bipotato

All I know is that if I was a bear and someone shot me with that dull arrowhead, I'd immediately take that arrow, angrily snap it in half, and proceed to beat the shooter with it.

D

danimal7

since we are the subject of artifacts ....and you guys seem interested here is some stuff i have found when digging my growroom. My house is built right on top of a plantation that was built in the mid to late 1800's and burned down in 1905
hand blown bottle of ginger .holds about 1 fluid oz. 1880's
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

doll baby parts
stone door knob
bottle of ginger
I think the area im digging in would have been the kitchen area with maybe a little girls room on the second floor above
picture.php

picture.php
beside the shovel you can see the layer of ash and burned up artifacts that is sitting on a brick cellar floor

Im slowly removing dirt but there is alot to move and no place to put it ...and , a long hard carry in 5g buckets is the only way to excavate here....the good stuff is about 2 feet under backfill ....but im still hopeful that i will fing some gold and or silver coins jewelery ect... these people were rich folks and gold coins were pocket change in 1905.......way to many nails, hinges, ect to use a metal detector ... enjoy

D

danimal7

All I know is that if I was a bear and someone shot me with that dull arrowhead, I'd immediately take that arrow, angrily snap it in half, and proceed to beat the shooter with it.

dude , maybe you should watch this 7 year old boy kill a deer with an altatl , which is what these projectile points would have been used with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfMiA_7zaOk

3 of these points are over 5,000 years old and they will still cut flesh
this one's serrated and will cut your ass .....i'll bet the tip is broke off in a wolly mammoths ass! lol
picture.php

10,000 year old human energy is blessing my bud!
picture.php

growclean

Grow Clean.... Go Fast!
Well, the baby arms kind of creeped me out! Maybe you should let some college students come in and excavate the area. They could get some credit and you can get some free labor!

Latest posts

Latest posts