What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I find strange things and post them here - feel free to join in

St. Phatty

I got bit on the neck by a black widow around 2016.

Wish I had taken some pictures of the swelling, it was spectacular.

Made me look like I went to the Star Trek make-up trailer and got halfway Romulan - then stopped.

The swelling kept moving around, as if the poison was moving around.

I wouldn't try to get bit on purpose, but I wouldn't be afraid of them.

The spider only bites if it feels threatened, UNLESS it thinks you are Food.

shithawk420

Veteran
my family are roofers and my uncle got bit twice by a brown recluse on 2 different jobs doing a tear off in Florida.i know it sucked.what really sucks is they are little bastards about the size of a quarter i think.hence their name they are hard to see when your tearing a roof off.dont think ive seen one in person.got kinda a funny storry when i was 16 or something.my dad and i was staying in our friends basement for a while.basically homeless.anyway my buddies girlfriend who was renting the house took care of little toddlers that mothers abandoned.she had tons of kids kids toys and i probably had a beer and a joint earlier.im watching tv on the ground on my sleeping bag.im relaxed and buzzed.i thought i saw something out of the corner of my eye.i see a bunch of of toys and what i thought was a toy spider.start watching tv again and the biggest fucking spider ive ever seen comes charging at me.i start screaming like a little girl freaking out.this was IL so i assume it had to be a wolf spider.im freaking out.long story short the bitch wouldnt even let me sleep on the couch upstairs so i got a brand new tent and slept in the basement in the tent.i moved shortly after that.to this day i still get made fun of by my dad and my buddy.bullshit spiders wont attack you.all you have to to do is google the Brazilian wandering spider.the most deadly spider in the world.those cocksuckers are just looking for a fight.they get on their hind legs and hiss at you like they wanna box like Muhammad Ali.i hate flies and bugs but ill take them over spiders.nothing worse than walking in the woods and walking face first in a spider web

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
FB_IMG_1687290047519.jpg

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pill made from freeze-dried feces to be taken by liver disease patients in clinical trial
A clinical trial testing the effectiveness of faecal transplants for patients suffering from advanced liver disease is being launched in the UK.

The trial will test whether faeces from healthy people, which are freeze-dried into capsules that can be ingested, reduces the likelihood of patients with cirrhosis getting infections.

Cirrhosis is a condition that results when the liver is scarred and permanently damaged.

Research suggests that patients with liver damage have higher levels of "bad" bacteria in the gut than healthy people, meaning that they are more likely to catch infections that are difficult to treat with regular antibiotics.

The trial will investigate whether consuming "crapsules" - as they have been dubbed - which often contain so-called 'good' microbes or bacteria, can improve the health of the guts of patients with cirrhosis.

Dr Lindsey Edwards, a lecturer at King's College London and one of the leaders of the trial, said that she hopes the tests will help patients with advanced liver diseases reduce the need for antibiotics going forward.

"There is an urgent and unmet need to tackle infection and antimicrobial resistance in chronic liver disease," she said.

"If we can boost liver patients' own immunity to reduce infections by modifying the microbiome, we can reduce the need for the prescription of antibiotics."

Around 300 people are expected to take part in the trial, which is being funded by the National Institute for Health and Care Research UK.

Patients will be randomly allocated to receive either freeze-dried stool capsules or a placebo tablet every three months for two years.

A previous trial of around 32 people found that faecal microbiota transplant (FMT) worked and was safe.

Professor Debbie Shawcross, the chief investigator of the trial, reassured potential participants by saying: "The 'crapsules', which have none of the taste or smell as the name suggests, may offer new hope for patients with cirrhosis who are out of treatment options."

Liver disease kills around 40 people per day and is the third biggest cause of premature death among working-age people, according to the British Liver Trust, which is collaborating in the trial.
https://news.yahoo.com/pill-made-freeze-dried-faeces-093200580.html

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i actually saw that exact video last night.what the heck is delta 8?guy says he got really high but i think he says he lives in alabama.how is this stuff legal in those southern states?
Delta-8 is legal here federally because it is made from the CBD in hemp. but weed is illegal. across the line in Virginia, they have legalized weed & are trying to pass a law against Delta-8. be damned if i can figure out WHY, though...:dunno::snap out of it:

St. Phatty

Is there more than one kind of CBD ?

I thought Cannabidiol was CBD, and is the same chemical found in the leaves and, if one looks, the stem.

I was corrected by a Woman on the Internet. She was advertising CBD and I asked, is that the same CBD that is in the leaves.

She insisted that her CBD is the "real CBD" and that the chemical in the leaves is not CBD.

armedoldhippy

Veteran

I thought Cannabidiol was CBD, and is the same chemical found in the leaves and, if one looks, the stem.

I was corrected by a Woman on the Internet. She was advertising CBD and I asked, is that the same CBD that is in the leaves.

She insisted that her CBD is the "real CBD" and that the chemical in the leaves is not CBD.
you thought right, i believe. she sounds like a snake-oil salesman. CBD is the same chemical wherever it is sourced, from hemp or cannabis, or leaves, stems or buds. i am willing to be proven wrong...

St. Phatty

you thought right, i believe. she sounds like a snake-oil salesman. CBD is the same chemical wherever it is sourced, from hemp or cannabis, or leaves, stems or buds. i am willing to be proven wrong...

Does it need to be heated or can you "get" the effects of CBD by eating raw leaves ?

I just let a flock of birds destroy a 3 foot tall male plant. They react to Cannabis sometimes like it is raw hamburger - they love it !

But I'm not a bird.

goingrey

There are different types yes. Including synthetic ones.

and so on..

Also, I don't believe that leaves of THC-dominant strains will have a lot of CBD if any. Those of CBD-dominant strains, sure.

She may have been partly correct.

Also, yes, needs heating to convert from CBDA to CBD (just like from THCA to THC).

Reactions: Gry