What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

i enjoy bodybuilding nbody else?

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
I did it for about 5 years once, was in the gym 3-4 times a week like clockwork.

I eventually started to notice my range of motion decreasing with increased muscle mass. Thats not really why I stopped, life got in the way and I wasn't able to devote the time to it anymore.

NOTB

yea beer'll do that to you Cap ,hey Sam you should get back with it man there's nothing like getting a huge natural high from a full body workout then afterwords getting even higher from a nice spliff. great to here from you guy's.

NOTB

LOL man, i know hittin the g spot really is a workout all by it's self i mix my own pro mix style but with local bulk and it is heavy as hell.

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
So you guys roll big blunts but have shriviled tiny roid balls? What is the roid and MMJ intraction Like, Roid rage with a layer of appathy, Couch lock with a boilling roid rage?

I personally dislike hanging smoking with gym Rats, as their blood all goes to their muscle, and sterotypically they're mental dullards. Those assosiated with Golds Gym are the worst.

Samson4

Veteran
Big fan of Olympic style weightlifting. I associate the balance/power needed with a more mind over matter approach to life. No roids here though. Although, I do stay roughly 195 @ 7-8% bf.

Any impressive physiques out there?

NOTB

yea those Gold's guy's are the worst, as for the rage and apathy? ..... a little of both all the time, but i don't juice ...don't need to cuz i'm already certifiable.

Samson4

Veteran
Best cure for rage is a women with long legs. It's almost like an internal feedback loop. I'm at my most carefree in tropical locations with year round bikinis.

NOTB

those long legs can be a good OR a bad thing too chick's naturally have very strong legs they can snap you in half if there feelin like.

R

RedOne

Oh yea. Promix bale cleans, 5 gallon jug dead lifts, bong curls

lol gotta keep the body guessing man....mix it up with some reverse yo-yo plant support tricep curls,clamber up the pea netting and you are OWNING the workout friend....GO FOR THE BURN :jump:

I like the form follows function ideology,gymnast strength as opposed to posing mass
I can appreciate the craft but appearance sake is low on my agenda
at 50 years and 185lbs I can still do 40 pull ups and from my years working as a climbing connector iron worker can still pull my weight up with just a nub finger hold,like a rock climber

not all health attributes are genetic,effort can balance dna advantages in some areas

Samson4

Veteran
RedOne, I'm a fan of the bent over "trich check" static hold, really hits you in the hams. Remember to keep your back arched.

NOTB, I can't imagine a more impressive story to tell the other angels.

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im on a HCG diet now, never heard of it til recently.
all i know is that shit works.
and i used to be a gym rat, from 16-27.
but life gets in the way now.
no real time for the gym anymore.

playing football, i'd powerlift and train my core for strength.
i never looked like mr. olympia, but chances are i was stronger than him.
most tone "bodybuilders" are pretty weak strength wise

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
Think it comes down to discipline and being able to motivate yourself.

Really comes down to endo, ecto or mesomorph, thats it. Wasn't an increase of estrogen that cause the knuckles, kneecap, heals to grow to freakish proportions on the body of a former Mr Olympia, I'm acquainted with.

Snow Crash

Veteran
I always used to laugh when I was doing a 225lbs snatch. Much harder than a clean and jerk. I'll clean and jerk 225lbs any day, but a 225lbs snatch... I'm not saying there aren't a couple of 225lbs snatches in my past... but these days I'd rather just jerk it.

lol. Good ol' gym innuendo.

True strength comes from free weight and balance training. It never hurts to pound those beach muscles though. I find that a combination of x-country running, pushups, core, pullups, all with variations like body twists and leg lifts, is a great way to build connector muscles. It's best to find those sort of things that "make you use muscles you've never used before" like snowboarding or wakeboarding, or some other non-repetitive balanced based sports. Having a healthy core of connector muscles supports the directed exercises builders use to focus on specific "macro" muscles.

I feel the healthiest when supplementing a little extra zinc, l-glutamine, and drinking a lot of green tea. 1 gallon a day is a good thing.

supermanlives

Veteran
i worked out every day when i was in jail. does that count?. i get planty of excersize with my dogs and gardening. i just do 12 oz curls now

Dudesome

Veteran
i worked out every day when i was in jail. does that count?. i get planty of excersize with my dogs and gardening. i just do 12 oz curls now

youre a straight up og :D what were you locked fo?

did you get to puff behind the bars while exercising?