What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I crashed my bicycle. Graphic pictures inside.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup,me too...truck cut me off,turned right in front of me,put a huge dent in the door with my shoulder then the handlebars dug in and peeled up a 2 foot strip of metal

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
20231215_153915.jpg
20231004_115219.jpg
IMG_0885(1).jpg

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
😁

You do have me rethinking my usually only wear a helmet when mountain biking.
I wear a helmet no matter what kind of bike I ride whether it's a mountain bike, road bike or even a cruiser 20 inch bike. I always wear a helmet. And as soon as I heal i'm going to go shopping for a full faced mountain bike helmet. Because next time if i'm not wearing the proper helmet I could Crush and/or fracture my orbital eye socket.

Cuddles

I'm ok. I was riding my mountain bike downtown on a walking/bike path when all of a sudden my front tire slipped on some Fuckin leafs. Then down I went and slammed my face on a pavement section. A passerby stopped to help. We called 911. They got there and rushed me to the hospital for an eyelid sow up. It will be around 5-7 days until I'm healed and can get the stitches out.
But I'm definitely NOT GOING TO QUIT BIKE RIDING. I'll be back to riding in no time at all. I did have on a helmet which saved my skull from getting cracked.
Im gunna buy me a full face helmet as soon as i heal.

View attachment 18936402
bloody hell ! This is NOT the kind of christmas gift you want is it :( :(
I hope you feel better soon :)
Try and get hold of some emu oil if you can and put it on generously. It will all heal in no time and you will have no or hardly any scar tissue at all.

Cuddles

A buddy of mine used to pop wheelies until one day going downhill he did and
the front wheel fell off and he did a nasty wipe out which resulted in a missing
tooth with a dozen stitches on his face. For some reason he stopped doing stunts.
I used to (try) to do bike stunts when I was a little girl. It usually went terribly wrong...:shucks:
I fell of my bike a LOT and always had bruises and scratches, lol.

Gry

Veteran
Had a pal give me a real nice bike to get some exercise with.
Has been such a blessing. Am in the middle of an urban area,
but a block away from a path I can ride on with no cars.
Will be on it in 15 minutes.
Find myself amazed by those who flit around on city streets
with the scooters.
Want to credit those of who post the bike pictures,
you have been a positive source of motivation.

Last edited:

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
I always wanted a bike which can fly like the ones in E.T. but one which doesn´t fall apart is also nice, lol
I keep looking for a bike but they´re all either electric these days and/or have awful sadles which I just can´t sit on
If it’s only the saddle then you should find a saddle and fit that to your bike

Both men and women need specific saddles to protect themselves

Cuddles

If it’s only the saddle then you should find a saddle and fit that to your bike

Both men and women need specific saddles to protect themselves
yeah, I know but that may be easier said than done. We´ll wait and see :) The nice ones have become a rare find round here

Cuddles

I have heard several times that your saddle doesn't need extra padding, your butt needs to go for more rides.
nope, not true at all I´m afraid. A good saddle is like a good chair - they need to be made to fit us not vice versa. Too much slick design and not enough comfort these days

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts