What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I crashed my bicycle. Graphic pictures inside.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I'm ok. I was riding my mountain bike downtown on a walking/bike path when all of a sudden my front tire slipped on some Fuckin leafs. Then down I went and slammed my face on a pavement section. A passerby stopped to help. We called 911. They got there and rushed me to the hospital for an eyelid sow up. It will be around 5-7 days until I'm healed and can get the stitches out.
But I'm definitely NOT GOING TO QUIT BIKE RIDING. I'll be back to riding in no time at all. I did have on a helmet which saved my skull from getting cracked.
Im gunna buy me a full face helmet as soon as i heal.

20231222_001836.jpg

moose eater

I'm ok. I was riding my mountain bike downtown on a walking/bike path when all of a sudden my front tire slipped on some Fuckin leafs. Then down I went and slammed my face on a pavement section. A passerby stopped to help. We called 911. They got there and rushed me to the hospital for an eyelid sow up. It will be around 5-7 days until I'm healed and can get the stitches out.
But I'm definitely NOT GOING TO QUIT BIKE RIDING. I'll be back to riding in no time at all. I did have on a helmet which saved my skull from getting cracked.

View attachment 18936402
YOWZA!! Those are the moments that make getting a prom date difficult!! :)

Hope it heals up well. :)

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
yeah i wish you all the best fast Healthy wishes and from middle of Europe

yo full face helmet makes sense then mate

Ultramarin

this reminds me of an accident involving a friend of mine who is a dentist. he was riding his mountain bike and collided with a unfortunately closed gate. he ended up looking similar to you, although he also lost a few front teeth. when he came out of the hospital, he put on some boxing gloves and the matching attire, then had a professional photo of himself taken. that picture still hangs in his waiting room...

my best wishes, get well soon!

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
this reminds me of an accident involving a friend of mine who is a dentist. he was riding his mountain bike and collided with a unfortunately closed gate. he ended up looking similar to you, although he also lost a few front teeth. when he came out of the hospital, he put on some boxing gloves and the matching attire, then had a professional photo of himself taken. that picture still hangs in his waiting room...

my best wishes, get well soon!
I should do that. That'd be a cool idea.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Thanks to all for the well wishes. 🥰🥹🥹🥹🥹

It's been one hell of an emotional roller coaster for me the last 48hrs. Because biking is LIFE FOR ME. 😭😭😭 I'm 100% gonna get a full face helmet because I've gotten into too many crashes over the years. And this is the first time I've busted my face. I'm also gonna get gloves. So I don't get knuckle/hand road rash again.

As crazy as it sounds I'm really glad I didn't mess up any of my tattoos. Then again maybe that's not crazy at all.

Most importantly, though I'm glad I haven't gotten paralyzed from many of my bike crashes over the years. My mom met me at the hospital and said I have 99 lives. And asked how is that possible.

This one hurts worse than the time in 2017 when I was T-bone by a car that was going 50 miles an hour. Even the doctor was shocked that I didn't get paralyzed on that one.

I will never quit by curtain in my entire life. Cause I don't quit anything.

NewbOldster

View attachment 18936402
That's a nasty faceplant. Ouch.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
full face helmet for the win...I wont ride without one...I've seen a gent with no jaw due to not wearing a full face helmet...good luck on the recovery bro...