What's new

i cant tell my dad i love him

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its good you told your dad, not all of us are that lucky to have our parents around to say that too.....He appreciated Im sure, it was a good thing to do!

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
atta boy.
just cuz your a man, doesn't mean you have to be tough all the time.
there is nothing wrong w/ shedding tears, it heals the mind, body and soul.
if you ever met me, im bout as manly looking as they come.
some say even scary, but i cry too.
life is much better since i became a teddy bear and put down the "monster" role.
good for u!!!

T

tokinafaty420

I'm glad you guys had that moment of clarity. However, one last piece of advice, do not revert back to a younger age to make up for the lost time. I commend you on the trying harder and making good on mistakes you see in your past, but don't revert back to being a kid. Find the level of maturity that corresponds to your actual age and go from there.

I wish you the best of luck on your GED.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

right on bro. my folks knew I loved them & I told them so quite often but no matter what there's almost always something left unsaid or unexpressed. always try to be honest with yourself and the rest should fall into place.

now I keep them closer to me than ever.......
HPIM3074.jpg

Last edited:

talktosamson

Veteran
When I was young, every day my dad would ask me, have I told you I loved you today? When i asked my mom why, she told me that his dad, my grandpa never told his son he loved him ever, and it really effected my pops. Even today at 28 years old, I try and call my dad and tell him I love him whenever I can because I know how much he appreciates it, good work OP :)