What's new

i cant tell my dad i love him

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran

man up & do it today, tomorrow is a promise to no one.......

X2. Man up bro. Grab a six pack and tell the man you love him. Once you do it a few times it will become easier for you and normal.

This is needs to be said today because as stated above tomorrow isn't a guarantee. Lots of people on here can tell you that.

sanjuan

Write him a note. Nothing flowery, just the truth in your own language, hand written or hand printed; it will mean the world to him.

HASH GORDON

Get on with it already, you've obviously got some Electra complex going on and you don't have the soft boiled eggs to pull off brunch.
Tell your old man you wanna slip him the ol' sauseege and get it over with bro.
Then you two can get on like fishing buddies once it's all out of your system. :)

sausage7.jpg

This rant was brought to you by the letter "A" and the following extremely feminine quote:

ass2mouth said:
to be honest im getting teary eyed writing this

I had to have a shot of testosterone just to neutralize the estrogen up in this thread.
Oh, and someone call the waaaaaambulance.​

someotherguy

Veteran
just do it man 'cause if you don't you'll live to
regret it very much!

my dad died when i was 15 so i never really got
the chance and saying it at his grave isn't the
same.

i'm in my 50's now with 3 grown children and we
all say 'i love you' every time we see each other.

we all need to know we are loved and the great
thing about love is, the more you give it away,
the more you get back.

peace, SOG

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
it makes me feel awesome when my son who will be 23 tells me he loves me .TELL HIM IT WILL MAKE YA BOTH FEEL BETTER

M

mustardshanty

Maybe it's because I read too many of those damned Chicken Soup for the Soul books when I was a kid, but since then I just haven't been able to let someone I really love leave my presence without telling them so.

When I still lived with my parents, my mom would leave the house just to go grocery shopping and I'd give her a hug and tell her I loved her. Because you just never really know for sure that you're going to see that person again.

I read one too many stories about some kid telling their parents "I hate you!" and then the parent gets in a car crash and dies, and that's the last thing you ever said to them... I don't ever want that. :frown:

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
The next time you talk to him on the phone, as you're letting him go, just say "love you Dad" and hang up the phone. Some people have a hard time saying it and that's okay, but get it in one time for him. He'll always remember it and you'll never "need" to say it again...unless you feel comfortable doing so.

But he does already know, sweetheart. He loves you too.

Cojito

i feel you. my dad died when i was a boy. never got much time with him. but i imagine he knew i loved him.

don't get hung up on the words. saying "i love you" is not as important as what you do, and how you act with him. spend time with him. do stuff together. you can always tell when people care by their actions NOT by their words.

and i'll offer up my ex wife as proof of that. :)

usda101

Dont think about how it makes you feel to say it ,But think of how he would feel to hear it .NUFF SAID ?

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
my dad loved me to pieces, but he never said it to me until much time went by and i finally said it to him. he later said it back, and it was, not forced, but he wasn't sure how to say it. he came from a different generation and went thru alot alone, so he just didn't know. but even people who didn't know us well could tell how much he cared about me, and told me so. and i knew too.

if you have to say it then do it, but remember that actions speak much louder than words. unless you guys had a really rough spell, then he knows. you can tell by how he cares about you. peace, respect and love to you, bro' ... and pass it on :D

I

idoreallytry

man i am the same way keep all my feelings bottled inside,,but if u show him u love him he knows but as a father when ur kids tell u they love u its a very special feeling each and evry time,,,go for it bro,,,i didnt tell my dad i loved him til i was in my mid 20's, well since becoming a teenager, and he cried becuz he thought i resented him and i didnt love him,, its ok for dad to see u have feelings bro he has them too, ecspecially when it comes to his boy trust me,,,,peace

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i know some lezzies that own strap-ons and they call it their penis' too.
just saying.

but on the real,
open your heart to the man while you can.
regret will shred you like a serrated knife down the road.

as wise man named Jimmy Valvano http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Valvano once said something that moved me very much and it holds true w/ me since i heard it.

listen to the words.

To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.

No matter who started the thread or why, this is probably something that a lot of people struggle with and the advice given here could apply to a lot of situations for a lot of people. The advice has been top notch, too.

I love my dad a lot and I always say I love you with beer, preferably Bell's Beer from Michigan. He always says that I am the person who always knows what to get him. It all sounds sappy, but we both really mean it and he really loves beer. I learned that most men want some nice beer from him and I follow that concept with my husband, too. Good beer says it all for most men out there. If you can give him a hug, that's even better. If you can say it, you really should, b/c it will mean a lot.

:)

Great thread, good to see everyone sharing so nicely.

If you get the urge to be cynical, paranoid, judgmental, or suspicious, GO TO ANOTHER THREAD.

I LIKE this one.

:)