What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I can't get high from eating edibles

S

Sir_Nugget

Am I the only one? I cannot get high by eating an edible. Whether it's a dispensary edible, or my own home made butter, it just doesn't work. I hear and see other people getting high from eating and i am so jealous......

I see all the recipes with reports of being totally gone.. i want to experience that but can't...

I only weigh 170 lbs and am saturated with THC... BUT, for the past month I have only had cured veg trim to smoke.. I also have some veg trim to cook with... Does any1 have my same problem, and know what to do to get high from eating?

Sounds like your problem is that you're using veg trim.... Try making edibles with some chronic bud or hash. Dosage is key. 1g-3.5g of good bud in a dose and there is no way that you won't feel it. 3.5g doses tend to make people sick/freak out. Or for me, induces a long nap. I like ~1g per dose personally. You won't know until you experiment with it a bit. And ime dispensary edibles are generally weak. They sell more and get less complaints that way.

headstone

I can't say I have ever had that problem, or met anyone else who has for that matter, but if you can get stoned from smoking you should be able to get stoned from eating.

I'm not sure of the doses you are taking or how the butter was made that you have consumed, but I do know that if you use leaf to make butter you'll get a leaf based high. From my experience of eating cannabutter made with leaf it has always had barely any high and always put me to sleep. The butter made using buds though has always messed me up, sometimes to the point of wishing I could be straight again.

My advice to you would be to get 500g (a pound) of butter, 4 or 5 ounces of primo bud, all your resinous trim and a cookie, cake, slice, etc. mix that uses a ton of butter in the recipe. If you make up the cannabutter properly and then use an excessive amount of butter in the recipe, eg. 5-10x what is listed on the box, you will get unbelievably stoned. If you take a month off smoking you might even trip balls to the point you feel like you're spinning around, seeing coloured orbs, etc. which after an hour or 2 makes you wish you were sober lol

Just remember that cannabis is a drug and like any drug there is only so much the body can handle. If your tolerance is so high that you barely get stoned from smoking, don't feel anything off edibles, etc. it is definately time for a break. It'll suck balls withdrawing, but trust me when I say a month off will do you wonders, especially if your first taste of herb is an extremely potent edible ;)

S

Sir_Nugget

y advice to you would be to get 500g (a pound) of butter, 4 or 5 ounces of primo bud, all your resinous trim and a cookie, cake, slice, etc. mix that uses a ton of butter in the recipe.

4 or 5 ounces of my homegrown put into a cake. I would never do that... that is ridiculous...

maybe i jus need another good break

THC123

Veteran
impossible , just put more trim of buds in it and you will get high , i never measure , i just throw everything in the kettle till it's real full

headstone

4 or 5 ounces of my homegrown put into a cake. I would never do that... that is ridiculous...

maybe i jus need another good break
I wouldn't dare put that much into a single cake either, but say you put 5oz into 500g of butter and used 150g of butter for a cake you'd be in for a good time ;)

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Making butter with veg trim will get you nowhere. Make some real Canna Butter and you will get plenty high.

I've been making edibles for years and getting good results is easy, if you use bud.

Here is the first recipe I ever used. It's foolproof. Not my recipe, but it got me started. I up'd the amount of bud to 10-12 grams and got great results.

http://applesoft.com/brownies/

I'm sure you have 10 grams of bud to spare.

MARLO

Making butter with veg trim will get you nowhere. Make some real Canna Butter and you will get plenty high.

I've been making edibles for years and getting good results is easy, if you use bud.

MARLO
Absolutely agree. Your butter isn't potent enough.
I use about an ounce of trim(tiny resin covered leaves only - no fan leaves) and mixed buds (1/2 ounce) to a pound of butter,
simmer on low temps for 6 to 12 hours
strain, chill and you are ready to make anything

You end up with some funky hashish solid stuff at the bottom along with liquid where you can see the trichs

Make stronger butter next time:tiphat:

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran

Here is the first recipe I ever used. It's foolproof. Not my recipe, but it got me started. I up'd the amount of bud to 10-12 grams and got great results.

http://applesoft.com/brownies/

I'm sure you have 10 grams of bud to spare.

MARLO

Just curious, do you use the butter in the frosting or do you use it in the batter and bake it. If so I've always been curious to know if the trichomes degrade a whole lot while baking at 375 for 25 minutes.

headstone

Just curious, do you use the butter in the frosting or do you use it in the batter and bake it. If so I've always been curious to know if the trichomes degrade a whole lot while baking at 375 for 25 minutes.

last time I made a canna cake I put cannabutter in both the batter and icing. I'm not sure how much the thc or resin degraded with the heat, but I tell you what that chocolate mud cake was borderline lethal :)

old toby

for me it makes a huge diff if i eat them on a empty stomach. also takes 45 to 60 minutes to kick in. happy munchin:comfort:

Aloha:

I am another of the genetic mutants that gets no effect from edibles. I swear its true, I make some edibles that floor people, but not me.

I have only once had any effect at all, and it was way less than a singe hit of good bud.

So for the OP yes there are more of us out there. I might suggest making a sub-lingual tincture, it is absorbed into the bloodstream from under your tongue. If I swallow it I might as well just spill it on the ground, but hold it under for as long as I can and it works.

Good luck and let other people use their stash to show you how you can make it work with the right butter. I don't like the look of disappointment on either of our two faces when their edibles don't work for me, but I like it better with their butter.

K

kannubis

The enzymes required for your system to absorb the THC from edibles are lacking. Some folks are destined to be screwed out of the experience. I have seen other posts about the subject, and I feel for ya since edibles are my preferred means of medicating.

chef_trichome

Take 30 days off. i know it sounds insane. but it will be the best high you have ever had on day 31. If that does not work you are most likely enzyme deficient. Trust the chef.

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
Veg trim, NO TRICHROMES

Harvest trim - COVERED IN PHAT RIPE TRICHROMES

That said - cooking consumes several times the quantity and the high isn't quite the same.

Bubble bags will get better results from low and no yeilding ingredients.

Been there done that.

Shine on.

THC123

Veteran
BUT, for the past month I have only had cured veg trim to smoke.. I

lol wtf dude how can you have trim in veg to maje butter from , it is the tiny sugary leaves in the buds that you have to use or the buds themselves , not big leaves

and how can you smoke veg trim?