What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I Can Smell it Through the Bag Baby!

One Love 731

Veteran
We miss ya bra, hopefully life is starting to work things out for ya. Your an inspiration to us all. Hope this evening finds you in a good place. Peace, pot and karma. One Love:ying:

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
well guys i cant say enough
thank you to all of you for the support. it really is nice to get on and see your friends there for you how they can be.

i love each of you guys thanks so much dudes and dudettes

lil verbal update

the garden is turning green finally. there is a horrible bog smell coming from my pots. time to pot them up and do some poss root trimming and get cracking with the enzymes. eww this wreaks like an egg fart.
some dead roots there for me to deal with. i think ill plant in soil this run to take a breather from the fast pace of daily watering and constant mixing. amended soil and some flora nova weeks 3-5 + tiny bit of boosters sound good to me. mainly plain water 2x a week is easy as it gets.
lots will be changing in the next month or so. life is what happens in between plans , and best to be flexable or life will drive you crazy i am certain.
trying to step my shit up once again! wish me luck fam! a whole lotta luck.

Sir

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Good luck big homie, I too am attempting to finally step my game up to where it should be. I know we both have great things just over the horizon. Just gotta keep our heads up.

-N.Kron:rasta:

SirSmokalot

Veteran
BG- thanks homie
Mugenbao- much appreciated bro
NK- thanks man yes we will get there. just another thing to overcome it never ends but i feel a whole new motivation. lets get it done bro

here is a new 54 site cloner i made. more can be crammed in but this was spaced well. i put 2 cuts in many sites anyway.
some pics. i had to buy another2ft length 1/2 in pvc, 2 new black lowes cement trays and more neoprene pucks. i had the rest. less than $200 total with pump and cycle timer. the timer was $100 alone and pump was $50-$60
im using EZ clone sprayers and an equivelant GPH pump.
with more smaller pucks or 2 per site it easily holds 100+ cuts. beats buying and ezcloner

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

sawsall the lip of one tub off right at the rim.
cut all four corners about 60%
about 2 divvets in cut again 60% high and "y" off to the big side
fold in all cuts drill and ziptie them.
hot glue the inside of the corners and the outside of the "y"s

the "y" is to keep it from binding when you push tub down. takes about an inch or 2 of length out so edge stays straight..
the drainhole is just an ebb n flow fitting and the pips was shoved through a slightly smaller hole. i hotglued around the edge of the drain plug but not over it
where the drain plug is i heated the outside with a torch and formed a divet to create a low point in the tub and then drilled my hole.
it just sits atop the 18 gal rubbermaid. it cant leak unless a plug is out of place

SirSmokalot

Veteran
Thanks maj
They are all rooted in the back 3 rows and the new ones u gave me all have nubbs. Pretty nice. I can't wait to fill it up with white and sour dub next!

I

idoreallytry

hey bro nice homemade cloner,,,i am gonna do the samething but instead of cutting the one tub to make it fit inside the other 2, i am just gonna find a square smaller tub that will go down further to keep water inside,,,just mount it with zip ties and hot glue the holes shut to mount the 2 tubs together,,i have had good luck actually great luck with rapid rooters,,,but gonna step it up to an aero cloner,,,got all the parts just lackin the ambition lol,,peace

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Hell yea Sir, that new cloner is looking sweet! Excited to see your return to the easy life with soil and Flora Nova. Im moving between that and PBP plus additives. Trying to see what I like better, FN is just so much less work than PBP.. Anyway cant wait to see more from your garden, go show off that green thumb buddy :headbange

-N.Kron:rasta:

SirSmokalot

Veteran
Yo ido. I thought about that but I wanted maximum surface area for pucks.
Not only is it a large flat surface, it's solid black. Took maybe five min to make while hotglue gun warmed. I did all the modifying after I made and de-burred all the holes. Now it just sits in there nothing mounting it or the bottom tray.

Nk. Tryin to keep it easy n cheap

SirSmokalot

Veteran
No I just took the nodes off and stuck in cloner. No hormone or anything. Um hormone does help speed it up some

laughingmoon

I think I saw Cervantes saying that scraping the bottom of the stem helps promote root growth from the cutting, have you given it a try?

One Love 731

Veteran
Aero cloners rock when there rollin, I started adding stuff and got slim going. I shut the whole thing down and ran a heavy bleach solution through it for 24 hours then several rinse's and put the neoprene inserts in the front load washer on Sanitize setting with some bleach. Its like new again, Ill be starting it back up in a few weeks. It worked awesome for 6 months only cleaning with tap water but I guess eventually ya need to clean them for real, lol. Cant wait to see ya killin it again. Peace, pot and karma. One Love:ying:

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
H and G roots excelerator has completely solved the cloner slime issue for me, there has been a couple times I didn't change the water for 3-4 weeks it has no slime no smell and has no issues rooting fresh cuts

SirSmokalot

Veteran
maj- hell yes i do 1 week on all these here!

Oneluv- i break mine down after every cleaning. most important for me to clean the pump real well and the manifold. then i use a lil bleach water to wipe it all down and rise and reassemble. its worth the trouble once a month right!

whadeezy- i am about to add some right now. i dont like to use it until i have good roots going though. then they are protected and blow up after adding. only thing i dont like about it is that it stains the airstones but its not that big a deal since i clean every run anyway. the biggest solution to any of the cloner problems is to take healthy cuts first then keep temps perfect. mostly the temps are the culprit. thank god for cycle timers!

well i have 100% roots on my aero. there are like 70 cuts there ready to go. i have a few to give out and i keep the rest.
my plants are all healthy again. only took 3 months to achieve holy shit thats a long time. first week of nov my problems started. able to move forward first week of feb.
glad thats over.

i have been looking for a few new gadgets. i am getting into the tissue culture thing. gonna save for a kit later down the road. also i need some flip-boxes for the future. i have many changes coming really soon. will talk more about those when those plans have matured. until then any one have some info on those gadgets?

i will post a lil root pron later i found my cam just now and after i tranny these babes ill snapp a few of the herem. also do a strain report for my ol' pal NuggetShiner on his "candy" NL x WW

Sir

One Love 731

Veteran

Flip box's are an easy build, ya need 1 relay per 2 bulbs, 1 ballast. Each relay is about 30$ shipped. I had about 120$ into a 4 light flip (splicing ballast cords). A plug and play unit it would be maybe another 15-20$ per 2 bulbs, 1 ballast for the correct male/female cords/Receptacle's. If ya think ya want to give it a try I can get together a parts list, store links and wiring diagrams for ya, just PM me. Peace, pot and karma. One Love:ying:

finally got those issues worked out huh. Hate it takes awile but always worth the wait! Hope old man winter will come through and hook us up with some snow soon! I'm dying for some powder. Will have dpd cut in the bubbler soon. By the time it snows should have nubs at least. Can't wait for some variety to add to my variety! Grow on homie!

Latest posts

Latest posts