What's new

I.C. Island is possible

K

ka0tik_kreati0n

im so in!!!!! I want an Island I can have a massive grow and never ending marijuana to smoke.. thats my fucking dream right thurrr!!

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Well distilling is a no brainer..Solar distilling even more so. Plus these are humid tropical areas with up to 80-90% humidity. You can easily set up a machine there that collects water from the humidity in the air..

desalination and distilling are two different things though.

you are gonna need a lot of water for irrigation of not only herb but anything else you would want to grow. you would need to haul in a good medium to grow and/or amend the local "soil" too.

a lot more water so people can bathe and cook.

how much water can you catch from the air?

for this to work you guys would need to take over a nice island with nice rivers like Cuba or Jamaica hehehe... then you would be talking; you would even get mountains and all.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
The SS HAPS will take care of the water. I want a medium cruise ship to refit as a mobile city and we can add some million gallon tanks for fresh water. But I am gonna need you folks to set up a hemp ethanol plant for fuel, and we can barter fuel for water. I am taking application for ships hookers now.
H

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
how much water can you catch from the air?

How much money you got ? :D

There are units designed for small villages..

Also rainwater collection for the crops. The only place you want to be is in the tropics or near the tropics.. You will have regular rain showers almost every day..

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
I love thinking about this kind of stuff. There have been some people in the past who have built micronations. Think about it. Fuck reforming the broken system and the huge government apparatus. Just start over from scratch :D

I think one could even manage to put together the money if you really wanted to. The biggest issue to solve would be protection. Pirates and other nearby governments WILL try to take over your micronation. I have no doubt about it..

You would have to be armed to the teeth and ready do spill blood if needed..

The cruel reality of our world i'm afraid..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Minerva

K

kiree

wtf?! Lets get an island with a spring on it :D "The Beach" style....but without the ak47 armed thai farmers :D

S

sparkjumper

SG in Indonesia Don't they make you choke on your own balls until dead if you get caught with a microgram clinging to an eyelash?

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah the local government isn't exactly Cannabis friendly, but it's corrupt as all get out. Throw some dollars at the dictators and you'll be ok.

I'm squatting too. Like a homeless dude, except instead of moving cardboard boxes I'll be hopping islands. The government doesn't have much of a presence out there anyway.

Singapore has the death penalty for trafficking and they aren't very corrupt. It's just an island with a lot of concrete on it. Not advisable.

X

xinsanewickedx

if this ever went down i can help to build houses or huts which ever

K

ka0tik_kreati0n

lmao @ huts. I want a shack in the water... I'd be swimming with the dolphins *ORF ORF ORF*
ok I need to get stoned....

RussCargill

I am in. I aint being no Roger "Workman" Linus though. For Real. I am in for a micro nation. What is a group of net junkies going to do with out the net? If its paradise. No net or tv for me. I would be ok with one sat phone on the island. I wont be calling anyone anyways.

Oil rig is a bit to much waterworld. Is dirt going to turn to gold?