What's new

I am also doing a 12-12 from seed grow.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Ok so I am doing a 12-12 from seed grow as an experiment.
some poped seeds and some about 1-2 weeks old.
just 1 pic for now.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
update. So looken great as ever but there still small.
I am working on adding more cfl lights.

anyway how we looking at 2 weeks 2 days of 12-12?

so when does the pre flowers start to show?

H

Hal

Hey Cheese...

Sex can show as early as 14 or 15 days, but sometimes takes 4 weeks...each strain shows differently (most common is around 20 days I would say). I have 4 girls going now that showed sex at: 1 @ 16 days, 1 @ 17 days, and 2 @ 18 days. It is common that the first pistils (tiny tiny ones) will form around the 5th node. These girls are a hybrid of Fruitbowl x Northern Lights, my own pollination.

You didn't mention how much light you have shining on your plants...only that you are using CFL's....how many watts, what color spectrum?

Regarding Mycrosmyname2 statement about "praying for girls," it seems to be the case when you grow seeds directly in 12/12 light that the rate of females is slightly increased, for unknown reasons.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
cool thanks for the info.
got any pix or a thread on ur girls 12-12?
1 floro light and 2 cfl lights.

and I an still gunna add more cfl lights as they grow.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
StrainSearcher did this a while back and had GREAT results with just CFLs and grew all his plants in a soil bed in a rubbermaid tote... Good luck!

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
yah but how do they look?

and I have only had plants looking this nice 4 -5 times in the 12 years I been grown.

Growits

Regarding Mycrosmyname2 statement about "praying for girls," it seems to be the case when you grow seeds directly in 12/12 light that the rate of females is slightly increased, for unknown reasons.

I've heard this too... Anyone know why?

stihgnobevoli

Veteran

the one on the left is 12/12 from seed. bout 4 weeks or so since it started flowering. which was about 4 weeks after it sprouted. looks like the mom but its much shorter. this could be both attributed to the small pot and because its 12/12 from seed. it packed on the crystals way earlier than the other plants that vegged first for a month. could be the 12/12 or from the cross. but i think its more the 12/12 from seed. i did another plant 12/12 from seed last run and the leaves were super frosty from the 2nd week of flower or so. ill have to wait for it to finish to see how the yield compares.

in regards to the percentage of girls. i have noticed that i get majority females too when 12/12 from seed. i can fit 6 of my largest posts in my cab. if i sprout 6, 4-5 will be girls. couple times i got 6 girls but 1 turns hermie. i heard they do that to keep their genetics going. they sense that no ones a male and one flips hermie.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
thanks for stoping by guys.
and for ur great story and comments.
could I see a close up of the buds. thanks.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
thanks for stoping by guys.
and for ur great story and comments.
could I see a close up of the buds. thanks.

this one is from last grow i did with 12/12 from seed. i scrapped that grow. this pic was about 4 weeks from when flowers first showed. it was that frosty since week 1 after first flowers.

these ones are the plant i posted earlier. been polinated by one of the other plants that went hermy. long flowering sativa so there should be more weed than seeds. this is about 4 weeks since flowers showed. might be 5 weeks.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
new pix. wow I am loving the 12-12 from seed growing style.
I also have some plants veging under 24-7 light cycle and that has more light. and there looking like death. and they been getting the same care as these.

also I been thinking about maybe scrapping my other plants and putting this in the other grow box that has more light. still under 12-12 light cycle of course.

but the only way I could do that is if O got rid of the other sick ass plants. I am doing every thing Ai can to keep the other ones healthy but its a no go.

I think I am gunna toke some blunts and sleep on the idea.:joint::abduct:
zzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts