What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hydrs Perpetual-- Ebb and flow--Soil SCROG--Low Press Aero

hydr1

Platinum bubba

_MG_3804.jpg

_MG_3806.jpg

Querkle

_MG_3805.jpg

Vortex

_MG_3807.jpg

Purple drank

_MG_3808.jpg

4 strain soil mother SCROG

_MG_3810.jpg

Ebb and flow. Platinum bubba, og, purple drank

IMG_3812.jpg

Supercrop and FIM two times during one week veg

IMG_3813.jpg

Ebb and flow

IMG_3814.jpg

Purple drank

IMG_3815.jpg

Platinum bubba

IMG_3816.jpg

Og

IMG_3817.jpg

IMG_3820.jpg

My cross : Poonanni. Pure kush x strawberry cough

IMG_3819.jpg

My cross: pink lemonade. Sour diesel x strawberry cough

IMG_3821.jpg

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
lol, what'd you expect? A red carpet and a coronation ceremony? :D

Poonani is getting frosty. How's she smelling? She looks almost identical to a grapefruit smelling Afghani I had.

hydr1

lol, what'd you expect? A red carpet and a coronation ceremony? :D

Poonani is getting frosty. How's she smelling? She looks almost identical to a grapefruit smelling Afghani I had.

I guess I expected someone to stroke my fucking ego and ask questions.
You have already sen all this stuff hahaha. Well I guess this is like my dream of having photos only lol.

I can't smell the poonani because its in the back center of my tray...I need a ladder to take pics like I show here. She always smells like strawberries and turns pink....that's the trademark. But running this new recepie I can tell you my terpines and trics have dramaticly changed and I think I need a bigger scrubber...I know I do...I've run eighty plants five feet or taller than these and had less smell than I do with fourty two footers. Cheyah!

Mr.Farmer

Hey hydr!! It's been a few.... years?. since back when you were showing over at the City, before you got your ass banned. It's cool to run across your progression. Last I remember, the Strawberry Cough and Sour D hadn't hooked up yet. Kinda diggin' on that cross. What you think about it?

And man, this thread isn't complete without some graffiti...

BoomBoom

I know your results are based on more than just this but, what cloning gel/system do you use? Also what size are those net pots in the aero tote?

hydr1

I use rootech but I get great results with nothing as well. The vitamin b is good too

The netpots in the aero unit are 3in.

Thanks for the looks..

Farmer...what up...my graffs been on hold. Just gonna be focusing on perfecting this plant.

BoomBoom

k, I'll ask some more then :)

All questions are for the aero tote.

What amount GPH/brand pump did you use?
How many ez clone sprayers in the manifold?
Do you think you would have gotten better results with a 3-5 second spray rather than 30 seconds?
What kind of white paint did you use on lid and is it holding up well?
Does that reservoir/brand? have an access lid or is that also just a tote?
How tall were the plants at harvest and how much did they yield?

I'd love more pics of it, and of your graff too I've never seen that.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
nice setup bro.. SCROG is the way to go i could never grow without that trellis again! in or out

hydr1

k, I'll ask some more then :)

All questions are for the aero tote.

What amount GPH/brand pump did you use?
How many ez clone sprayers in the manifold?
Do you think you would have gotten better results with a 3-5 second spray rather than 30 seconds?
What kind of white paint did you use on lid and is it holding up well?
Does that reservoir/brand? have an access lid or is that also just a tote?
How tall were the plants at harvest and how much did they yield?

I'd love more pics of it, and of your graff too I've never seen that.

I use a ecoplus 636 pump, I space the sprayers four inches apart and space the pvc frame four inches from the walls of the tote. So however many you can fit. I think I have twenty or more.

I def think the shorter bursts and more oxygen are where its at. I've done alot of research and there is something behind short bursts creating tighter nodal spacing and less lateral growth. I did change it a bit but my roots did best with 30 seconds on and 5-9 minutes off.

I used krylon plastic spray paint. It has a pic of a plastic chair on the can.
the res on the bottom is an 18 gallon and I think it was rubbermade, not sure. But yes it has a flip up lid and I got all materials at home depot but the net pots and sprayers and the pump.

The plants went in at 1 inch. Finished at one foot and im not sure on the yield. See update and photo update for more info. Im flushing them right now. Next run im gonna give a longer veg time and get them a tad bigger. But.......in the twelve years I been growing, I have never...ever seen buds so dense and tric covered. Its a shame they are so small. I grow these strains in soil and rockwool as well and the tricomb production just doesn't compare...and this shit is so easy its stupid. Thanks for looking in bro

hydr1

nice setup bro.. SCROG is the way to go i could never grow without that trellis again! in or out

Word....im testing a table with the same strains...I supercrop so its like welding knuckles on the branches and they get strong even on my floppy og. And my platinum bubba and purple strains all stay strong too...but the training with the scrog ...ontop of my FIM and supercropping is just giving me great results period. Thanks for looking in dude.

hydr1

Whats up guys....so I was working in the room too late to upload or even snap pics.
res change for the first time in the 4x4 ebb and flow. Its in week five and they been doing great but my res is a little too ALIVE. Floranova and microbes with the flourolicious plus gives you a nice dark film on the res walls. So I drained it and scrubbed it good. Fourty gallons. floranova bloom, flouroliciousplus, liquid kool bloom, budswel, liquid carbo load, silica blast. 1400 ppm 5.6 ph.

Flushed the aero unit, filled with clearex and phd to 5.6. Going to let it run till tonight. Then ill drain it and run plain r/o for a couple days. Seriously really really good looking and smelling buds. The best I've ever seen still on the plant

. The soil scrog comes down in a week. Really interested to see the yield from each of the four strains there. Platinum bubba and purple drank look to yield more than querkle or vortex. The vortex is the sweet smelling sativa pheno. Looks more lose than the others but smells like mango snapple mixed with sour patch candy. The purple drank is prob grandaddy grape ape. It smells like grape candy and I swear I can smell it around my whole property. I need a bigger scrubber. Never had terpines smell like they been...stoked.

The 3x3 ebb and flow is just finishing its stretch and looking right on schedual. The og growing next to the platinum bubba is perfect...after the og has been FIMd and supercropped twice in veg, once when they are dropped into flower and once again after the two week stretch. I just snap all the branches to be even with the bubba tops and lay them into the gaps where there are no branches. No scrog here.

I cleaned up the mothers and took twelve og cuts, twelve plat bubba cuts and six querkle cuts. I have twelve bubba cuts rooted and vegging for the aero table. Transplanted two new og moms. Thinking im gonna flower my huge querkle mom and my og mom in the soil scrog area. The poonani mom is huge now and im just waiting on the buds to finish so I can see which way she's gonna go...id like to reverse her and backcross if I decide to keep her. That way I can just have seed stock. If she's up to par on yield ill mabee run her solid for a bit. The buds aren't too dense but they are forming big colas and crazy branch structure, tric covered leaves(every leaf) more roots than anything and tight internodal structure. Pics tonight for sure..sorry for the the tease....look for pics tomorrow...bomb shit

BoomBoom

I use a ecoplus 636 pump, I space the sprayers four inches apart and space the pvc frame four inches from the walls of the tote. So however many you can fit. I think I have twenty or more.

I def think the shorter bursts and more oxygen are where its at. I've done alot of research and there is something behind short bursts creating tighter nodal spacing and less lateral growth. I did change it a bit but my roots did best with 30 seconds on and 5-9 minutes off.

I used krylon plastic spray paint. It has a pic of a plastic chair on the can.
the res on the bottom is an 18 gallon and I think it was rubbermade, not sure. But yes it has a flip up lid and I got all materials at home depot but the net pots and sprayers and the pump.

The plants went in at 1 inch. Finished at one foot and im not sure on the yield. See update and photo update for more info. Im flushing them right now. Next run im gonna give a longer veg time and get them a tad bigger. But.......in the twelve years I been growing, I have never...ever seen buds so dense and tric covered. Its a shame they are so small. I grow these strains in soil and rockwool as well and the tricomb production just doesn't compare...and this shit is so easy its stupid. Thanks for looking in bro

Sweet, I have an ActiveAqua 550, hope that's enough. I probably won't use as many sprayers as you though. I plan to test like 25 sprayers that I have here, I do plan to go with the one with a more micro spray or mist, something that can feed the roots better, or so they say... but ya never no, maybe I'll feel the ez clone ones are best when I test them out.

I planned to put the manifold in center and along the perimeter, so that roots would grow down in between it, did you have any problems with roots growing on top of the sprayers?

Thanks!

hydr1

Sweet, I have an ActiveAqua 550, hope that's enough. I probably won't use as many sprayers as you though. I plan to test like 25 sprayers that I have here, I do plan to go with the one with a more micro spray or mist, something that can feed the roots better, or so they say... but ya never no, maybe I'll feel the ez clone ones are best when I test them out.

I planned to put the manifold in center and along the perimeter, so that roots would grow down in between it, did you have any problems with roots growing on top of the sprayers?

Thanks!

I didn't e en have much roots...they weren't even out of the net pots when I flipped em and by the end of the two week stretch they were mabee eighteen inches and stopped growing. Veg time means more roots and verticle growth. I might redesign and use the sprinklers this time..I only cleaned or had to clean five sprayers in the whole cycle. And im running organic based nutes with thick stuff. Clean the pvc out good with an air compressor then run water and unclog misters a few times before adding plants..cause the shavings from driklling clog shit fast also use a mesh silkscreen bag around your pump if possible to keep bs out.

ambertrich

Veteran
Your setup there has me wanting pull out my aero set and give it a workout. Just a very nice clean deal you got going there. Two big thumbs up!!

I have a question about your E&F tables, looks like you are using coco mats under your rw cubes. I run a few small E&F (3x3,2x4 and a 2x2 each in its own tent).
How do you like the coco mats? Are they a big advantage over not using anything?
Just wondering if the are worth the cost, I have been thinking of giving the mat a try, but wanted some feedback from someone who has used them
Thanks in advance.

Again, great looking work!! (how's that ego feeling now:) )

hydr1

Your setup there has me wanting pull out my aero set and give it a workout. Just a very nice clean deal you got going there. Two big thumbs up!!

I have a question about your E&F tables, looks like you are using coco mats under your rw cubes. I run a few small E&F (3x3,2x4 and a 2x2 each in its own tent).
How do you like the coco mats? Are they a big advantage over not using anything?
Just wondering if the are worth the cost, I have been thinking of giving the mat a try, but wanted some feedback from someone who has used them
Thanks in advance.

Again, great looking work!! (how's that ego feeling now:) )

I was going to use hydroton. But my hydro guy gave me a complete 4x4 with pumps and res and fittings for two hundie and added two coco mats...so I just used them. This is my first time with rockwool or ebb and flow and I only been using bottles nutes for a year. I was a die hard soil bat shit dude..brewing teas and making soil ect...I don't have a clue how much the mats even cost. I feel like a crack user that's been given a few free rocks to try it out for free...now im hooked and I need to re up. But this is my life. These plants..breeding and growing...I have a job thugh and I don't even hesitate to blow my whole budget if my girls need it.

The hydro has really changed my life..quality is up..yeild is up and work is way fucking down! I work seventy hours a week at work...get home at eight..garden for an hour and eat dinner before bed. So ebb and flo saved my life. More time in the sack with my sugaree......I love the coco mats and the rockwool, but I never used anything else brotha. Dare I try to change with results like these? I been changing nutes and growing fourty diff strains and reading and looking for advice.......fuck all that. Im gonna do what's working and put my blinders on to anything else. My guru has been trying to persuade my stubborn ass to run the nutes I use for years...and now im listening...and I got good resuts. He wont touch hydro though. So he can haul bags of sunshine mix while I check my ppm/ph and drink a beer and smile.

Fuck ego...I did it all for the nookie.