What's new

Hydroplex

C

Carl Carlson

Cropking doesn't sell Potassium Sulphate (0-0-50) in smaller than 50 lb. bags, but there is a source on ebay that has 5 pound bags for $13.00.

With a few math equations, a bag of the above and a bag of Mono Potassium Phosphate, one could easily make their own, very inexpensive PK boosters, in any ratio they want.

What about my question above at POST 34?

Carlson, since your back, why are you saying to mix up my own say "monster bloom" at 0-50-30, when the article you posted says we're better off with say 0-30-60 or 0-3-6 or whatev...

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
ahh, to somewhat answer your question, the 0-50-30, vs a 0-30-60...

The (P)hosphorous from this boost is going to be somewhere around 30-75% of your total P, while the K is somewhere around 10-20%.

Basically, these PK boosters are essentially just P boosters, as they are altering the P level significantly more than the K level, and the cheapest way to get P is to piggyback it with K.

You could wikipedia phosphate, Mono Calcium Phosphate, super phosphate, triple super phosphate, etc; they all have different P:K ratios.

============
If you were refering specifically to P levels, than this is Carl's thread that seems to be developing around overall P Levels.

yes but whatabout that 1:2 P:K ratio after the first 3 wks of bloom? for example, has anyone tried using FloraGro 2-1-6 with FloraBloom 0-5-4 for a total of 2-6-10? that would be @ 1:2, to see if it packs on nodes. i am trying it right now on some plants. seems weird to use floraGor in bloom, but it makes the right numbers.

AND WADDA BOUT PH UP? for the K???? it's full of K. potassium carbonate and potassium silicate. seems like i a wasting time with the above formula, because by the time i add any bloom ferts, esp hydroplex, i am going to have to add so much PH up that it will probably be more K than P. is that K in the ph up a K the plants will use?

EastBayGrower

Veteran
i used it on one tray at half dose,,, and i like it compared to koolbloom (its got amino acids and a few other extras that you normal PK boost doesnt have),,, but i would def. go with some bloombastic if i was gonna use a different PK boost,,,, so IMO its better than koolbloom but worse than bloombastic,,, i dont know the price as i got mine as freebies but if the price is similar id use it over koolbloom just because some of the extras in it,,,

geekusa

i used it on one tray at half dose,,, and i like it compared to koolbloom (its got amino acids and a few other extras that you normal PK boost doesnt have),,, but i would def. go with some bloombastic if i was gonna use a different PK boost,,,, so IMO its better than koolbloom but worse than bloombastic,,, i dont know the price as i got mine as freebies but if the price is similar id use it over koolbloom just because some of the extras in it,,,

Thanks for the info, I was debating switching to Hydroplex over Bloombastic due to the price difference. BUT, the results with Bloombastic speak for themselves.

I have had two bottles of the stuff and won't use it anymore than than two times i did. Both times the stuff at a low dose actually made the ladies go start to finish and start senescence (dying naturally) early. like four weeks early. happened two separate times different systems and strains.

I cannot tell you how much that sucked..

Now they probably have changed the product but the name and front of the bottle looks the same.

just be wary of how strong these blossoms boosters are.. they CAN do more harm than good.

usually it is genetics holding us back.. normal nutes in clean water can throw out football colas. no additives just npk at 800 ppm

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
I think you guys are insane. If you over do it with a PK, its your fault, not the bottles.

If you cant figure out how to use a .5-4-10
vs a 0-12-8
vs. a 0-10-6
vs. a 0-13-14
vs. a 0-52-34,
thats on you. Blaming their bottle only demonstrates a total lack of understanding.

Grass Lands

Veteran
Not so sure the Hydroplex would cause the issues you described, unless it was a bad bottle...I've used it for some time now and never had any issues...I use it at 1tsp per gallon along with my normal nute regimen of FoxFarms and their micro nutes as well...the one issue I've seen with hydroplex would be it lowers the PH quite a bit...

Peace
GL:tiphat:

I have had two bottles of the stuff and won't use it anymore than than two times i did. Both times the stuff at a low dose actually made the ladies go start to finish and start senescence (dying naturally) early. like four weeks early. happened two separate times different systems and strains.

I cannot tell you how much that sucked..

Now they probably have changed the product but the name and front of the bottle looks the same.

just be wary of how strong these blossoms boosters are.. they CAN do more harm than good.

usually it is genetics holding us back.. normal nutes in clean water can throw out football colas. no additives just npk at 800 ppm

Grassland - agreed! Hydroplex would never cause your plants to finish 4 weeks early.....thats insane.

ShroomDr said it best...not the bottles fault or the people who make the product for that matter.

O

OGfarmerted

ive been using botanicare since 1999.
you cant go wrong with this stuff.
cns17 veg,bloom and ripe
cal-mag+ , blast-off,hydroplex,silica-blast
pure blend pro bloom for the end runs

while cns 17 does it all, some strains suffer from deficiencies that need a little extra love