What's new

Hydroplex

toohighmf

Veteran
I used hydroplex when the NPK was actually lower. I see they have reformulated it and changed the label's ingredients. even added a soil version with a different NPK altogether.
I used it like any stim. I wait until flowers are present.. about 2-3 weeks in and they get it every feed til flush. I love that it has L-Amino's and humics, as well as some other exotic plant extracts. It used be a very light NPK boost, but it seems they have upped it a bit. I would still use it If I had any.

C

Carl Carlson

evlme2:

Personally, if and when I use these supplements for the first time, it will be under the direction of Biksa's article quoted above. Hydroplex (0-6-10) shouldn't be looked at the same as Liquid KoolBloom (0-10-10).

here is a summation of Biksa's article:

1. during first week of flowering, supplement with something that contains more P than K. Hydroplex or the DNF or the Bloom Booster Pro would work here.

2. during weeks three through the third to last week of bloom, supplement with a 1:2 P-K product such as Hammerhead, Bud Blood or Heavy Bud.

3. during the second to last week of flowering, supplement with up to a 2:1 ratio of P-K. So up to and above the ratio provided by the products mentioned in #1.

With one caveat, that is in vertical grows I wouldn't do #1, because I'm still feeding the veg regime (high N) and feeding for tall growth.

C

Carl Carlson

I used hydroplex when the NPK was actually lower. I see they have reformulated it and changed the label's ingredients. even added a soil version with a different NPK altogether.

Did Botanicare recently eliminate the soil version or introduce it?

stores near me sell both, but on the website the only Hydroplex mentioned is the 0-10-6 for "coco, hydro and soil."

toohighmf

Veteran
it's new. I never saw it before. I remember when I saw PBP bloom soil for the first time, and saw the different NPK on it. they been making it for about 4-5 years

toohighmf

Veteran
hydroplex%20soil%20fam.jpg

Y

YosemiteSam

Is Biksa writing for AN in their new mag and if he is should his info be trusted at all?

toohighmf

Veteran
Biksa writes for both magazines. I got him the job at AN. We speak on a regular basis and he knows not to try to sell anyone on AN. it's not his job. He is writing an article about my use of flips and timers for staggered lighting as we speak. He used to work for botanicare, but you didn't read any free advertising from him in the past. Erik is a solid dude.

kstampy

I used it at week 5-6 along with the rest of PBP stuff in a hydroton F&D table. Liquid Karma, Sweet Citrus, Aquashield, PBP Bloom and hydroplex all together.

Be careful! Hydroplex adds a Lot of PPM if I remember right (at least it did for me don't see why it would be different for anyone else). Dump this stuff in first then add the rest of your stuff if you do not know how much ppm youll get from it. It adds more PPM than cal mag I believe.

I have now switched to Canna (al b fuct mirror grow) and as far as working with the chemical fertilizers its WAY WAY better. No crust no brown shit runnin everywhere. Clear, clean water that I can actually tell if anything wrong is going on in. Doesn't smell nasty, doesn't put nasty crap on my arms if I have to move sub pumps etc etc. Not to mention the fact that I can use 35% h202 and keep all the crap out of my rez.

The only down side is that I have not seen any end product yet and can not compare. TBH nutrients are nutrients and I don't think a plant will care if it comes from a seashell or from some diluted chemicals that provide the same thing. Not dissin the PBP line up, it worked great, Just my 2 cents.

Grass Lands

Veteran
Here's the Hydroplex sold at my local store........

New formula bro...looks like the combined everything into one...used to be a formula for hydro and one for soil...its a PK booster, however I use it with the FF micro's to increase the boost...also I believe it brings out a better tasting herb.

anybody care to comment on carl carlsons posted research chart and in particular that P be 1:2 to K, the polar opposite of most bloom enhancers? thx

to quote: "If you have gleamed anything from this article, you will be wondering what the appropriate P:K ratio would be for indoor flowering crops, and current research has been demonstrating that a 1:2 ratio seems to work best, the polar opposite of some of the bloom boosters currently being used by indoor growers."

i might ad it seems to be the polar opposite of what people here think as well.

Another note...I just finished using the "newer" Hydroplex formula, after using the "old" one on previous grows, and this new formula made my PH take a complete nose dive. I planned on calling BT to find out if this was normal or if I got a funky bottle. Not growing now, so it hasn't been high on the list of chores.

Just wanted to let ya know....watch your PH carefully.

yeah, i have been paying the price for not watching it. not as far as the hydroplex is concerned but everything, since i ran out of the testing solution. got to buy more today cause i have really screwed up a couple of plants. hope like hell they can bounce back.

Grass Lands

Veteran
Another note...I just finished using the "newer" Hydroplex formula, after using the "old" one on previous grows, and this new formula made my PH take a complete nose dive. I planned on calling BT to find out if this was normal or if I got a funky bottle. Not growing now, so it hasn't been high on the list of chores.

Just wanted to let ya know....watch your PH carefully.

The older version of hydroplex did the same thing to my ph...

C

Carl Carlson

You gotta love a 0-10-6 that lists potassium nitrate, and ammonium molybdate.

for a label that lists the individual names of b vitamins (and aminos), you would think they could throw a .5 or .25 on there. (Awesome Blossoms did)

That's a good catch, Doctor.

I just wanted to point out how much of a ripoff bottles of Hydroplex and similar products are.

Cropking.com sells 1 pound bags of Mono Potassium Phosphate (0-52-34) for $5.64 plus shipping. Hydroplex retails for about $80 (U.S.) per gallon!

i.e. Hydroplex 0-10-6 x5 = 0-50-30

If you want to use Hydroplex or a PK booster with similar ratios, than shop here and mix it yourself:

http://www.cropking.com/HydroponicS...64_268&zenid=4a706497a7f49f27088c73195c96829d

C

Carl Carlson

Cropking.com sells 1 pound bags of Mono Potassium Phosphate (0-52-34) for $5.64 plus shipping. Hydroplex retails for about $80 (U.S.) per gallon!

i.e. Hydroplex 0-10-6 x5 = 0-50-30

If you want to use Hydroplex or a PK booster with similar ratios, than shop here and mix it yourself:

http://www.cropking.com/HydroponicS...64_268&zenid=4a706497a7f49f27088c73195c96829d

The price from cropking also blows away the prices for these dry products:

Dutch Nutrient Formula Bloom Fortifier (0-50-30). From AN, the Bloom Booster Pro (0-48-27) and from Grotek, Monster Bloom (0-50-30). And of course Kool Bloom (2-45-25).

Are the first three of these anything other mono potassium phosphate repackaged? The label of Monster Bloom just says, "derived from potassium phosphate."