What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hydrolysized whey protein

xrob415x

Anyone have any feedback on using this additive. It is suppose to be the secret ingredient in Advanced's Big Bud!!!!

S

SeaMaiden

Amino acids. That's what you're after? Look up Haifa's amino product.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
this is also in green sensation another pk additive. All L-amino's too but you'd have to get the concentration bang on, better to just go with one of the boosters containing L-aminos or a amino specific additive. It's great for adding muscle when training though :p

vukman

Veteran
well shiiiiiiiiiiiit...if it grows muscle, it must grow good plants...right..;)//....LOL

guy fawkes

Veteran
ive not heard of whey being used in plants but it make me grow well enough, wonder what flavour they use lol

Dkgrower

Veteran
I did some experimenting with homemade Bayley enzymes and soya cake.

I know canna does the same also Biobizz heaven is some sort off aminoacid booster not a PK booster as some suggest..

I would also go with Wheat protein or some fish might be better tho

Using soya cake u end up with GMO shit

fungzyme

Smells like more AN hype to me, if indeed they use it. Even hydrolyzed, whey (and I imagine most other proteins too) is composed of large (to the plant) peptides that the roots would have no idea to do with. Like mentioned above, the only way I could see this being of any use is as a N source for the microorganisms if you're growing organic, and maybe (if broken down sufficiently by them) as a source of individual aminos(??). But who knows. One thing I would NOT do is add it to a synthetic nute feeding regimen, unless you like gloppy shit and that ammonia/rotting meat smell in your grows. Protein left to break down smells BAD...

amannamedtruth

Veteran
I'd use soy protein, though. General Organics and Roots Organics all use Soy. Whey is a nasty product, especially if you're concerned about animal welfare/consequences of industrial animal farming. More expensive than soy, too.

Like fung said, only for use in organics, unless you want to have massive bacto blooms.

Dkgrower

Veteran
I'd use soy protein, though. General Organics and Roots Organics all use Soy. Whey is a nasty product, especially if you're concerned about animal welfare/consequences of industrial animal farming. More expensive than soy, too.

Like fung said, only for use in organics, unless you want to have massive bacto blooms.

Its a by product from cheese production is that all bad when u use soya u will be sure to have GMO soya cake being used and that is also major protein industry so i dont see any big diff but the Whay is a biproduct to make that into use is not all bad....

Anyway from my xp u dont need all this stuff to grow big buds :tiphat:

S

swisscheese

It makes sense I mean it is a great source of amino acids and is already partially broken down try it at a tablespoon per gallon and do a run I doubt it will hurt anything. Potentially nice find xrob.

big twinn

Veteran
If your looking for amino acids, the plant takes up Ammonium ions in the roots. Ammonia (after it has the plant has up-taked it) is assimilated into amino acids (glutamine, asparagine) which can be further metabolized to
produce other N-containing compounds.
Nitrate will first be reduced to nitrite by nitrate reductase which uses NADPH as electron donor. Nitrite will
be further reduced to ammonia by nitrite reductase which uses reduced ferredoxin as electron donor.
The rest of the whey would go to the decomposers, fungi, and microbial life.

S

SeaMaiden

That doesn't mean that they can't utilize many of the same minerals and nutrients that we do, though. Again, if you don't want to use something that's manufactured for humanimal use, look into Haifa's aminos.

mr.brunch

Veteran
did not realise this. thought they formed their cells out of carbon from the air, along with the soil nutrients... and their energy from air, water and sun.
was never taught about them metabolising protiens from food sources.

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
If your looking for amino acids, the plant takes up Ammonium ions in the roots. Ammonia (after it has the plant has up-taked it) is assimilated into amino acids (glutamine, asparagine) which can be further metabolized to
produce other N-containing compounds.
Nitrate will first be reduced to nitrite by nitrate reductase which uses NADPH as electron donor. Nitrite will
be further reduced to ammonia by nitrite reductase which uses reduced ferredoxin as electron donor.
The rest of the whey would go to the decomposers, fungi, and microbial life.

hey big twinn,
so are you saying if you feed with a substantial NH4 ratio you are producing enough amino acids,

so no need to feed with a amino additive? be interesting to know how much NH4 you would need to "boost" the aminos to get good results...thx

Latest posts

Latest posts