What's new

Hydrogrowled 126X Test grow

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
roots!!!

roots!!!

The eagle has landed.....

Broke out the Cap's Root Pack an watered it in this morning.

Time to fill some smart pots with coco.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Getting ready

Getting ready

Got my smarties all cleaned up an ready to go.

Gonna do a 70/30 mix of Coco/Hygromite for the added silica factor. I got a love an hate relationship with liquid silica.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Rethinking the side by side. Lost my cloning mojo, so if i dont have roots by friday then this is gonna turn into a test light run. Still will be running both leds with a separation but with different strains under each if I go this route. Cant really call if a side by side if its uneven.

If I do this it will probable be the king crosses on one side an the Black Widow on the other side......she is a beast!

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Got both led lights up an running, might not put up the wall as it will kill my space to flower in the middle where i'm gonna throw a few clones that rooted an were transplanted already. It will also hinder the ability to put up my netting. Pics to come tomorrow.

CREE leds are where its at. They've got the highest light output per watt on the market. That XML 350 unit from Advanced is a beast from the research I've done. I hope some day that an led manufacturer would just make a light that has only the 5 and 10 watt CREE leds. Maybe Area 51 will do something like that when they announce a new light in the future.

-Funk

Lumens and PAR are not created equal, and while I agree with you that Cree has the brightest white LEDs on the market in terms of lumens, when you compare their colored LEDs on a PAR meter to those from Epistar, the output is roughly 1/2 per watt. The more power you drive into a LED, the hotter it gets and the less efficient it becomes. So the most powerful Cree chips are 1W/3W, then they get less efficient at 5W and 10W. But even the most efficient LEDs from Cree are still putting out 1/2 the PAR of competing chips from Taiwan.

Hey Arthritis Sucks

I love what you had going on here before the new light came in, and I think the diamond series is a much better testing option, despite our X1 series doing 3x the yield on tomatoes. But before it was put in your space could see the difference from one light to the next, and now everything is mixed togther which will unfortunately skew the results.

One of the main reasons our lights work so well is because of the spectrum. When you put a light next to ours that is now blending with ours, it will negatively impact the results as it skews our spectrum. We can see from the image the blue in that middle light is way too high to have a positive effect on your plants. If you wish to run the Diamond Series for the comparison, we welcome the swap-out of the old Advanced Light. After all we want the comparison to be as fair as possible. We just don't want the results to be skewed.

We would like to request that you either place a divider (board) between the two lights to keep the results fair, or remove the old Advanced light and use the Diamond Series in its place. As long as the light from Advanced is not mixing with HGL, this will be a fair test, and that's what was agreed to when we sponsored this grow with a free light. In the end we want the viewers of your thread to see the true difference between our products and the competition. Thank you for your consideration.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
I had just the 2 up at first an on the hgl side the plants went into shock. Both on that side started drooping like they were over watered. The Black widow got all fucked up on that side too. The droop went away when I put the blie in the middle and raised yours and the middle light all the way up to the ceiling. That pix of the 3 side by side was b4 the lights got raised all the way up. Have it on veg 1w setting too.

I will get up pics of what happened in a few, lemme upload them.

I will also throw up a wall separating it in a few.

Thank you for being so cooperative and providing your valuable feedback. We recommend keeping the 126X-PRO at 24" off the plants. Based on the size of your plants I would also say you could bump them up to the 3W setting at this height.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Thank you for being so cooperative and providing your valuable feedback. We recommend keeping the 126X-PRO at 24" off the plants. Based on the size of your plants I would also say you could bump them up to the 3W setting at this height.

I just did a foliar feed so it is on the 0.5 setting for an hour. I will lower it an raise it to 3w when the foliar is dry.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
HGL side

HGL side

Here is what i was talking about with the issues i am having. This is the Black Widow.....

This happened 3 days after i took them off the straight blue led veg. It is only happening on the HGL side. It started slowing down once i put the blue led in the middle. Will see if it goes back into stress mode or not.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
HGL side

HGL side

This is the King Ho Tep on the HGL side that is stressing too.

Here is a shot of both plants on the HGL side.

Here is a shot with the wall up....

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is what i was talking about with the issues i am having. This is the Black Widow.....
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=55202&pictureid=1314757&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=55202&pictureid=1314758&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=55202&pictureid=1314759&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=55202&pictureid=1314760&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

This happened 3 days after i took them off the straight blue led veg. It is only happening on the HGL side. It started slowing down once i put the blue led in the middle. Will see if it goes back into stress mode or not.

Thats crazy that light can manipulate them so much. Weird how its a band across the leaf blades opposed to whole leaf blades/leaves.

guess the HGL isn't getting any points early