What's new

Hydroformer's 4kw 4 Trees grow

Jamorg13

So for transplanting these rdwc plants, you just lift the plant and top of the tote out of bottom of the tote and throw it in the flower totes? you dont have to remove the entire tote and re-connect all the piping?

Capfan-
I'm not sure yet but I don't plan on having anything closer than twelve inches to the bulb, and yes I defoliate a bit everyday.

Jamorg13-
Thats correct!

Day 6 of 11/13 lighting
Some small pistils are showing.
I think next grow, I'll add a horizontal bulb over each plant to keep vertical growth strong, maybe a 4 or 6oow
Really diggin' the 6"x8" squares on this cage, makes getting to the center of the plant a joy.
Been super cropping branches to concentrate bud formation... hopefully I'm doing it correctly!?! we'll see shortly.
Plants are still drinking and eating +-25 gallons(or 2" in water level) every 72 hours

P1000445.jpg

P1000455.jpg

P1000453.jpg

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Dead sexy, i always wanted to make a big RDWC like that. Alot of work, planning, and cash, but it looks sexy. I ended up going blumats and smartpots instead.

question : arent you supposed to keep the bottom of the net pot at water level so you dont get roots in air between the net pot and the water? Something about cord roots ?
Yes, bottom of net pots should be at water level to prevent corded roots. Sorry if it was answered, just trolling...
Edit: iirc it was in a Heath Robinson post about the corded roots. Thick corded roots do not have the uptake abilities that the fine haired roots do...

Last edited:

Jamorg13

Capfan-
I'm not sure yet but I don't plan on having anything closer than twelve inches to the bulb, and yes I defoliate a bit everyday.

Jamorg13-
Thats correct!

Cool thanks man, i am thinking about building a few of these things to play around with and see how i like it. Your set up looks super clean man. Im excited to see what you pull.

og79

Killer room bro. Im thinking about trying 1 or 2 rdwc trees, to keep the count down. All other plants would be in cocco. I'm worried about root rot though, any advice on that? Just the chiller or do you use bleach, zone, h2o2 etc?

Thanks ghostly, 4# @ least

Thanks D, I find them very easy to work with in the Uc, being ph buffered and sterile is a big plus in my book.

P1000526.jpg

DrFever

Veteran
must say one of the best setups i ever seen can i ask how many days you vegged
????? and was it from clone

Latest posts

Latest posts