What's new

Hydro Guy Does Dirt

Here are some more pics that I just took

Suckerpunch (I'll chop her this week)

Powerplant

Golden Pineapple

This is a bagseed clone that I was doing some testing on but decided that it's not worthy of any breeding projects...but she does finish pretty :rasta:

D-39 - this thing is a Beast! 2 1/2 weeks flower and she has almost tripled in size...and the clones rooted in less than a week, which is nice :cool:

Lemon Stinky - these things essentially don't stretch at all...which maybe I should have checked on in the Crazy X forum before LST 3 of the 4...these are 2 1/2 weeks into flower also

Here is the only DSD that I have flowering - about 7 days...not much to say yet

G

great diary, you seem to have everything dialed in, the way you have everything setup is real clean (wiring, ballast on the wall).

great stuff, plants look amazing

Y

yamaha_1fan

I like the plumbing. I was thinking of doing something similiar with a remote rez but decided on each table having its own rez. Now I know how to do it.

It seems like you may be doing a SOG on the left but LST on the right in that one pic? Does one yield better for you? Just wondering why you do both.

Is that powerplant the one you were hijacking my thread about? :D

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Look at the erect leaves on that pineapple, they are loving whatever you are doing to them

The buds shots and shot of all your plants was well worth the wait

Great grow A

romantiikka and rastabuds- thanks for stopping by

yamaha - I'm glad you like the plumbing, those are 160gal vertical storage tanks in the room below my flower chamber ( 1 for each 4 x 8)...and yes I'm a SOG grower but I was starting some new strains in dirt while I was slowly reconstructing my room. The tray that all the LST dirt plants are in now will have another batch clones in it by the end of march. I pull 1 4 x 8 every month. Sorry about jacking your thread with those powerplant pics...

Dr. Dog - such kind words...the pineapple has been a treat to grow so far

Last edited:
Y

yamaha_1fan

I was just messing with ya

I may have to give that PP a try down the road once I get everything dialed in

stoney419

can't belive i missed this thread i love your grow man all the girls look happy just read all 4 pages and loved it Albert Hoffman keep up the great work

stoney

gottt it

damn that sucker punch looks killer .. love the whole setup man very nice .. that ventilation you built is no joke that takes alot of time and skill! good job

felix - thanks so much

yamaha - LOL

stoney - glad to have you an board...I'll make sure to keep it interesting

gottt it - yea the ventilation and plumbing were a bit of work...especially when you have to do everything yourself :bashhead: I have just expanded from harvesting 2 2' x 4' trays every month to 4 2' x 4' trays every month and have also raised my watts psf from 62.5 to 87.5psf so I'm not exactly sure what my numbers will be. I was averaging .42oz to .90oz per plant depending on strain before adding additional light (4plants psf, 108 per 4 x 8)). Now I would expect those numbers to increase by at least 1/3 - 1/2 given the increased light and improved light distribution. I will keep you guys up to speed on the new tray that I just put down

Ok, I chopped the Suckerpunch this morning and of course here are a few shots.

Here is some grown in hydro dried and cured about a month with its corresponding 73micron bubble that I'm working on today :headbange

probabaly chop the powerplant tonight or tomorrow...whenever I do I'll throw up some shots

stoney419

Albert Hofmann said:
I have just expanded from harvesting 2 2' x 4' trays every month to 4 2' x 4' trays every month and have also raised my watts psf from 62.5 to 87.5psf

so exactly how many lights you have on each 2'x4' table you might have said and i over looked it ithink its 1 600wtt

Last edited:
stoney - I have 1 600 over each of the first 6 2 x 4 trays and 1 1000 over each of the last 2 2 x 4 trays for a total of 5600. The 1000's at the end allow me to not only light the 2 x 4 trays but I will put larger dirt plants under the 1000's as well (these will likely be strains that are enjoyable but don't work in the flowering clones SOG beds.)

Well, it's been an eventfull night...first, I chopped the 2 powerplants, this is just before chop

Second, through no one's fault EXCEPT MY OWN, I did a little Vortex pruning on my D39 and Bagseed that I was just about to chop. Now, if you are unfamiliar with Vortex pruning, let me quickly explain. 1: take 1 12" Vortex exhaust fan and DON'T properly attach it to the wall or ductwork. 2: accidentally pull the power cord to said Vortex. 3: watch in horror as it falls directly on your ONLY D39 female and of course the bagseed plant about to harvest (much less traumatic) and proceeds to shred plant matter with an efficency that a DR Chipper would be proud of... Well, here is what things look like

The D39 suffered a fairly nasty amputation of a main stem but given its vigor I would expect a recovery. The bagseed had about a quarter of the plant ground down and pulverized...I wish I could blame someone :bashhead:

Last edited:
hey felix - yes, I did cut some of the less attractive fan leaves off the powerplant before chop. Couple things to keep in mind. First, powerplant is an extremely high yielding strain...is yours? Second, these were LST just before sending to flower...the pic before is both of them a couple days into flower (the 2 in the front)

When it comes to pruning fan leaves I will cut anything that gets in the way of a major bud site...within reason
And remember every strain is different, I've run strains that do almost nothing for several weeks and then pack on weight in the last couple weeks.
Keep working with your plants and don't be afraid to do some drastic pruning and training...you would be suprised what this wonderful plant will put up with

Y

yamaha_1fan

Albert you say that power plant is a good yielder. Better than Northern Lights, white widow or blueberry? And are you growing the PP in a SOG? Where can I get some PP from?

BTW I googled your sig and it seems to be written by Thomas Jefferson.

Sorry about the Vortex incident. It happens to all of us. The other morning I was filling a rez and left the hose in the res, under the pump to hold it down. Then I went to the veg room and came back to find the hose came out and was shooting water across the room onto two hoods. Water was POURING out of the hoods as these were the ones uncooled and the water got in from the 6" holes where the duct should connect. I had to drop the glass and let water out. Crazy but not one spark or bulb explosion

Now thats serious water cooling

there is actually a couple things wrong with my sig now that you point it out...yes, it's thomas jefferson and a paraphrase of the actual quote....I also always thought it was thomas paine not payne (that was an unchecked typo) I have no idea how I got the wrong author in my head...but once I did and no one corrected me, I just assumed I was right. Thanks yamaha...next time I'll check the crap comming out of my head for accuracy on the ol internet before assuming my brain can keep it's facts straight

SuperLarry

i've used the FFOF with 2:1 perlite too with success. what nutes are you using for that? do you just feed out of your other rez's? looks good, wish i had some of those strains to work with!

Y

yamaha_1fan

LOL, no need to remove the whole sig. I actually liked the quote and I mentioned it to my wife. So she googled it and thats how we found out it was TJ.

I wouldnt let you walk around with spinach in your teeth, figured you would want to know.

Grow is looking good, keep up the pics.