What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hyb's Subterfuge#1

Looking good!

I've got the first auto bastard in. So far looks promising. Gets me keen to run the rest of the pack later in the year

How was the germination rate for you Liltree? Did you get many duds? So far I've had a very low percentage of seeds sprout, and the seeds that did sprout had to be ran like landrace or ferrel seed.

G

germed a large number of site 4 with a 90% success. So far only done 1 auto with good results.

I put straight in the soil and spray it to keep it moist. They are slow off the bat but once they mature a bit they pick up the pace. Site 4 is very landracey more so than the auto definitely. Can't say too much about the subterfuge yet as it's early days.

picture.php

picture.php

teide

Veteran
Nice.
Didn"t catch which variety are you growing, Holderchert, autobastard or subterfuge?

Nice.
Didn"t catch which variety are you growing, Holderchert, autobastard or subterfuge?

Hey Teide, this is one of three Subt #1 seeds that have sprouted over the past four weeks from a 12 pack. Started the whole pack at the same time. The third one just sprouted this week (week 4).

teide

Veteran
Ok, thanks for clarifying.
So that's what people mean by those being slow starters? I thought they just stayed tiny after breaking soil before increasing. They actually take weeks to sprout?
This is such an interesting variety. Can't wait to get my ABC hybrids and site four seeds!

G

Looking good Holderchert! Starting to put on some size.

The auto sub is going good! Much higher internodal spacing in comparison to the site 4. Also has a good stem rub smell much stronger than all site 4's so far

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Tuning in... such a unique expression and variety gonna be exciting to see this thread progress.

Last edited:

teide

Veteran
Has anyone tried to train these plants? The humongous phenos look like a shrub, hedge, or similar non-drug variety of plant. But the small and medium ones kinda have that familiar xmas tree shape. When I get mine started, I would like to train the main stem as horisontal as possible, to change the appearance. Also hoping for even more vine-like structure when crossing it to sativa landraces.. Planning on blending it on a trellis as well, amongst climbing plants.
So your auto bastard shows its differences already, liltree. That's cool. More spacing and stronger stem rub sounds nice. You've already sampled the site 4 and established it did have some potency. Now it will be interesting to see how you compare the high with auto bastard!

teide

Veteran
That sure is odd.
8.5 weeks is long veg time if the light hours are in the range of initiating flowering. I don't know what requirements are needed for subt1 to flower outdoors, but my guess is that it maybe doesn't get enough darkness so it stays in veg?

teide

Veteran
I sent you the info on the cheeze xxl, btw. Easier when you reach 50 posts to receive PM

Sava

here is my Subt#1 male. actually there are two phenos...this one already flowered and secon one is just starting to...so difference is about 2 weeks