What's new

hush's Peak Seeds grow out - 1000w - 4x4

Red Fang

Veteran
I get that insufficient nute thing too even when I SEEM to be fertilizing enough, maybe a pH thing in my case but far from certain, could be insufficent uptake or God knows what! But your plants seem to be coming along fine. I had tried some peak strains along with other strains, but that crop was underperforming overall so can't blame any seed company or strain. Have plenty more peak seeds I want to try, so I wish you well

Dr.RedWhite

As far as I know they have no "tribute fórum", they used to have a room in the Treating Yourself Fórums.
I have done seeds myself ( f2 & crosses) with Peak´s BB, I let them know about the thread I was doing many months ago,they weren´t angry at all... I think you got somenthing wrong, whatever it is.

That was exactly the "tribute forum" I was talking about. Simply asking about which plants to cross to get seed shouldn't have been getting something wrong. It was not the Peak seeds people that threw up the flak. So they no longer participate in the forum?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
They still participate over there. In fact, there is a post by MJ in someone else's grow thread from only a few months ago where he said something like "I love it when people breed with my seeds" or something like that. So you must have encountered some grumpy trolls or something. I've had nothing but positive comments in my grow thread over there.

Dr.RedWhite

Well just logged back in over there. My handle on that forum is RedWhite and I searched to find the thread. Seems your right it was just a poster that woke up rough before he posted. Saw your thread over there also. And if that forum is not into tribute to PeakseedsBC then I am not doing so well in my reading comprehension skills! PeakseedsBC deserves tribute if they are half what the posters are saying over there. Anyway for some reason I never ordered any seeds but want to.

harry74

Veteran
That was exactly the "tribute forum" I was talking about. Simply asking about which plants to cross to get seed shouldn't have been getting something wrong. It was not the Peak seeds people that threw up the flak. So they no longer participate in the forum?

I used to check that fórum but I don´t know why I tought wasn´t active anymore, that´s why I was surprised.

I see now that is still active.May be it was closed for a while i don´t know.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Peaks lines are outstanding. He wouldn't release his IBLs if he didn't want people breeding with them. His F1's are real F1's and will not be stable in the F2 generation - like it should be, but relatively stable in the F1... of course MJ is a complicated plant (and also a great breeder :) ) and it won't be perfect stability.

I love his Sweet Skunk, I have 4 BB girls getting ready for their first test run at a friends place as well. Currently have his TWxNL outside and a couple inside too that did not make the cut. :) They have hyper vigor - like a good F1 should.

Probably the best breeder very few people talk about. Can't wait to see his C99 lines, he told me they will be dropping this year. :)

I also had problems feeding the SS using bottled nutrients. Switched to a living soil mix, they did much better. Also hate hand watering this many small pots. Ugh.

Last edited:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
def a sativa leaner that second phenol of the NS whats the aroma , would you say it had a more spicy aroma to her or no real difference?

I honestly can't smell anything worth smelling out of any of the plants right now. Even if I rub the stems. Might just be the carbon filter in there.

kannaman

hey hush ..thats a great story ..funny how things go sometimes huh? i was wondering what you were doing on the led side.your Sadhu grow has me looking at led for small cab myself. lovin this Peak seed grow . ill be hangin round till shes done

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
I honestly can't smell anything worth smelling out of any of the plants right now. Even if I rub the stems. Might just be the carbon filter in there.

His Sweet Skunk is very low odor. NL isn't very strong smelling either but stronger than the SS. Based on my limited experience.

His BB had some decent smells coming off the stem for me in veg but I don't have room to be flowering them (hence they are at my buddies).

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Well I was working in the male cabinet today, collecting pollen like I've been doing everyday, and I decided that this Northern Skunk male is so handsome that I don't want to throw him away. I don't know why. I've collected a good bit of pollen from him, but I don't want to lose him anyway. Which is odd, because I wasn't planning on keeping any hybrid males, but I have to trust my gut on this one. Maybe he's special? So anyway, I cut off all of his flowers and misted him down to remove his remaining pollen. I'm going to feed him a grow formula and revegetate him. Now I'll be keeping him in the mother cab.

The two Sweet Skunks were trashed. I got the most pollen out of them anyway. Lots and lots of it! But the Blueberry hasn't given me any more pollen since I pollinated the mistaken female with him. So I haven't been able to collect even a speck of BB pollen. I'm going to keep him in the male cabinet for now, and give him another dose of bloom nutes. Chances are I'll be ordering more BB seeds with my next order, and I'll try to induce a higher percentage of males out of those. But I'm going to keep trying to get pollen out of this guy in the mean time.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
The Blueberry male started dropping pollen again, immediately after giving him another dose of bloom nutes. It's not much, though, so it might be a while until I feel I've collected enough. I collected some twice yesterday, once already today, and I'll collect more tonight I'm sure. I'm just happy I have BB pollen now.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
what conatiners did you use to store the pollen and are you freezing it? also did you go through any extra precautions to make sure it was totally dry inside the pollen filled container? :tiphat:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I haven't put anything away into longterm storage yet. I've only been collecting for less than a week now. But I am storing in small vials. One of them is glass, the others are plastic (or silicon or something like that). I'm not leaving any flowers or plant matter in the vials with the pollen. Once I'm ready to store longterm, I will put grains of rice in the vials, just like you recommended. Then the vials will go in my longterm seed-storage jar, which is kept in the fridge, not the freezer.

Should pollen be stored in the freezer?

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
I always put seeds in the freezer just to keep the climate more stable , like if theres a power outage the freezer stays froze while the frigde may warm a little and beads of water may form on the walls of containers . :tiphat: ive got a male outside that I plan on collecting pollen from so I will be using this method myself.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I would think that a freezer would lose its temeprature faster than the refrigerator side would during a power outage, wouldn't it? I don't know though, I guess I didn't think about it that way. I don't typically lose my power for that long, so I will just cross that bridge when I come to it. I do keep my seeds inside of a sealed mason jar, filled with baking beans (which serve the same purpose as rice, as a dessicant). So no condensation will ever form in there. I have talked to people who've kept seeds for decades this way, in the fridge, so I went that direction. I don't have much space in my freezer with all my QWISO undertakings. :D

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Day 27:

xVipdWz.jpg

The pale BB has a beautiful, compact structure that is revealed when looked at from the side:

wiQHPZo.jpg

ZfWPHU9.jpg

From above, up close, you can see her very white, very compact flower cola being formed:

SUxdq7N.jpg

She is a most unusual plant to me. :D

70wDreams

you're killin' it, hush!

if that one in the center seems to be light deprived, you could always raise it up.

can't wait to see the finsh