hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Here is the already-pollinated female that I originally mistook for a male:

lhzkR30.jpg

rYHKuRH.jpg

harry74

Veteran

Looking nice Hush. It looks like I´m not the only one having high female ratios with Peaks BB, credit for MJ.

I´m actually testing this GLO F2 males. I took a clone from each male ( the main stem) and as son as they showed roots were put into flowering. I keep both plants 18/6 and after flowering the cuttings I´ll make up my mind.

At the moment looks like #4 will be the one.

Would be a shame to lose that BB male, at least if your aim is to make seeds.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Yeah I'll be keeping the male. I'm going to reveg him, and I'm going to take a cutting off him soon, after I collect pollen from him. I won't be letting him get away. What I'm trying to figure out now is what is the best way to simply collect the pollen for future use? I think I need to put the male in an entirely draft-free room and then lightly shake the pollen onto a piece of parchment paper below. Or, something like that. Just last night I tried holding the plant mostly horizontal and shaking pollen onto the table beneath it, and I saw dust falling, but when I scraped it all up there was barely anything visible there. So it must be the natural drafts in my environment that are getting in my way. I will try putting in the deepest corner of a bedroom closet, and just letting the pollen fall. Wish me luck!

Dr.RedWhite

Having a keen interest in Peak seeds for a while I followed their tribute forum and one of my questions was just how true breeding the Northern skunk was and that I was thinking about making some seeds. I was soundly thrashed for thinking of making seeds! Great to see your 1000 back in action Hush. You are running Maxibloom Kiss style this time, are you feeding every watering? Are you having to regulate your PH and if so what are you using to do so? I see your running Coco coir this time instead of Perlite/vermiculite, why the change?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I've been running coco for a while now. I switched several grows ago. It allows for smaller containers and it retains nutrients better, having a higher CEC rating than vermiculite or perlite. Yes I am using Maxibloom and yes I'm adjusting the pH like you pretty much always have to do when using tap water like I do. I just use GH's pH Down, nothing special.

I'm surprised that you were "thrashed" for wanting to make seeds. That seems weird in this day and age. Was it MJ or anyone from Peak who was giving you this thrashing? Or just common trolls? Weird. FYI, Northern Skunk is probably far from true breeding since it is an F1. That's why I'm not making any F2 seeds of Northern Skunk. I'm after preserving pure lines, not creating tons of work for myself by sifting through myriads of phenos. I'm only going to be making inbred seeds, and the occasional new F1 by pollinating some of my other non-Peak genetics. I will always continue to order hybrid seeds from Peak. They have my business for life. But once I've made my own seeds of their pure varieties, I'll probably only be ordering their hybrids from then on out.

Dr.RedWhite

No it was not MJ but I didn't argue the upset posters point and received no other input on the subject. I should log back in and see what is going on there again. Fishing through phenos can be interesting and often F2's are not different enough to cause real problems since I generally pick a pheno and make cuttings from it leaving me with uniform plants. If you have not seen what one of the parent plants looked like you can do so (somewhat) by doing some F2 pollinating. I just made some seed from some really good plants so I am in seeds for a long time.

harry74

Veteran
Having a keen interest in Peak seeds for a while I followed their tribute forum and one of my questions was just how true breeding the Northern skunk was and that I was thinking about making some seeds. I was soundly thrashed for thinking of making seeds! Great to see your 1000 back in action Hush. You are running Maxibloom Kiss style this time, are you feeding every watering? Are you having to regulate your PH and if so what are you using to do so? I see your running Coco coir this time instead of Perlite/vermiculite, why the change?
As far as I know they have no "tribute fórum", they used to have a room in the Treating Yourself Fórums.
I have done seeds myself ( f2 & crosses) with Peak´s BB, I let them know about the thread I was doing many months ago,they weren´t angry at all... I think you got somenthing wrong, whatever it is.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
hush, cut the pollen sacks off, put them in a jar close the lid and shake it up theres your pollen remove the plant pieces cause they'll cause moisture in the jar throw in some rice to keep it dry and throw it in the freezer. hope that helps :tiphat:

harry74

Veteran
Blueberry Peak Seeds F2

Blueberry Peak Seeds F2

May be not that yellow, I grow in soil as well but still quite pale Green, same pheno. Really very low feeding needs.

Really sativa; I have just smoked 2/3 joints from the indoor crop,
usually early morning and is that feeling like you are not stoned, but sudendly you realize, how fuckin stoned you are...:biggrin: you start laughing....

harry74

Veteran
No it was not MJ but I didn't argue the upset posters point and received no other input on the subject. I should log back in and see what is going on there again. Fishing through phenos can be interesting and often F2's are not different enough to cause real problems since I generally pick a pheno and make cuttings from it leaving me with uniform plants. If you have not seen what one of the parent plants looked like you can do so (somewhat) by doing some F2 pollinating. I just made some seed from some really good plants so I am in seeds for a long time.
¿Sorry man, where is that fórum?

Could you put a link please?
Thanks

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
As far as I know they have no "tribute fórum", they used to have a room in the Treating Yourself Fórums.
I have done seeds myself ( f2 & crosses) with Peak´s BB, I let them know about the thread I was doing many months ago,they weren´t angry at all... I think you got somenthing wrong, whatever it is.

They still have that subforum over there. I have a duplicate journal running over there right now as well, because I wanted MJ to be able to see what was going on with my plants... but then when I reached out to tell him about that thread, he told me he had already seen this one here at icmag. LOL. But yeah, I can't see him being upset at anyone for using his seeds for breeding. I can't speak for him, of course, but from what I gather he is just someone who is preserving these legendary old strains, and he makes badass hybrids with them too. Nothing but quality out of what I've seen, in the 36 seeds of his that I've planted so far. In fact, I just started germinating 12 Kush x NL seeds yesterday. :D

hush, cut the pollen sacks off, put them in a jar close the lid and shake it up theres your pollen remove the plant pieces cause they'll cause moisture in the jar throw in some rice to keep it dry and throw it in the freezer. hope that helps

This is beautiful in its simplicity. Don't know why I didn't think of this myself. Thanks man!

May be not that yellow, I grow in soil as well but still quite pale Green, same pheno. Really very low feeding needs.

Really sativa; I have just smoked 2/3 joints from the indoor crop,
usually early morning and is that feeling like you are not stoned, but sudendly you realize, how fuckin stoned you are...:biggrin: you start laughing....

Oh man.
picture.php
I hope that's what this is. A Blueberry sativa-leaning pheno would be a dream, literally. The more I think about it... it *HAS* to be a long-flowering pheno, because it's barely begun showing pistils, and the flower development is WAY behind the others. Oh, this is going to be great!!! :D

Harry, did you find your light green one to show purpling by the end of flowering? Because this one had the most deep purple cotyledons when she was a baby, and her petioles are a blood red/purple color..

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Day 21 of flowering:

bTDxCYi.jpg

83OFqer.jpg

The Blueberries are slowly doing their thing, while the Northern Skunks and Sweet Skunks are already yellowing from insufficient nutes. So I just increased the dosage for them to 8 grams Maxibloom per gallon of water. I never go that high, so I'm half expecting them to tell me that was too much. I'll be on the lookout.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Thanks guys. So one thing I've learned so far is that I FUCKING HATE HAND-WATERING 25 POTS!!!! :help:

Yeah I never ended up automating anything because of the fact that I ended up with "too many" females, lol. So it would have been a logistical nightmare setting up the automation, too. I just have to deal with it. I have had to go home on lunch breaks almost every day for the past several weeks, and I don't see that stopping any time soon. I guess I'm just fortunate that I have the kind of job where I can do that. Sometimes I have to feed some of the plants on my lunch break, then when I get home that night I have to feed other plants... it gets crazy. I much prefer monocrops and automated irrigation. But this is necessary if I want to be able to try new genetics from seed, and make pheno selections.

I had to move some of the plants around, too, because of differences in height. Some of the Blueberries ended up growing taller than some of the other strains, so I couldn't have the BBs in the middle anymore. The pale-green BB is still the smallest plant though, so it is still in the dead center. But others got moved around so I could maintain the "stadium-ish" layout to the canopy.

I'll post some pics later tonight, probably.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Hand watering can be a pain but you dont have to worry about cloged lines, leaks and dried up plants from tangled lines ...every cloud has a silver lining ;)

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
def a sativa leaner that second phenol of the NS whats the aroma , would you say it had a more spicy aroma to her or no real difference?