What's new

hush's micro vert experiment

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
So today I took the plants all out and fed them their first dose of flora nova bloom. I noticed 2 particular phenos that stood out from the rest. The most beautiful one is a very sexy looking thin leaved sativa pheno that has begun flowering profusely. The other one seems to be more of an indica structure, with wider leaves and chunky flower clusters. It too is flowering quickly. The rest of them are... well... each one is suffering mildly from what looks like heat stress. Yet it's only about 81 degrees in there during the warmest part of the light cycle. The interesting thing is, they might all be the same pheno, because they look similar. To make things more interesting, there is another cloned seedling in my DR60 from the same batch of seeds that is also showing the heat stress, and it also appears to be the same pheno. So I'm guessing the most common expression of this strain just requires cool temps. I might have to cull them all on principle... Just because, I live in a warm climate, and I have to grow heat tolerant strains, no matter what, because I'm not interested in special air conditioning or anything like that.

So... Where that leaves me is that I have 2 beautiful and healthy lemon skunk phenos that are putting out pistils everywhere, and then the other 4 are slow to flower and are droopy and have canoe leaves. What I might do is replace those with sadhu clones. I already know sadhu would be a perfect match for this setup!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Here's a pic. The sexy one is in the back right corner and the one to the left of it is the chunky one.

IMG2027_zps557f5de6.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Thanks for all the rep everyone. In one of the rep comments somebody left me he suggested to veg longer. I just wanted to say I fully agree! I just didn't know what to expect with this unknown (to me) strain, and really just wanted to get an idea of how effective this setup would be.

So, I'll let this play out, until I get my sadhu clones ready to go, but I think short indica plants like Sadhu would be perfect for this setup.

Anyway, thanks for looking everyone! I should mention I threw a circulating fan in here, directly beneath the plants, in that empty space in the middle of the donut, and that seems to be making the girls happy.

massud

Stealth Grower
Veteran
Hi hush! Very interesting growing! Beautiful setup and healthy plants! I'll follow your growing! :lurk:...Bye! :wave:

:smoweed:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Its already becoming obvious who the performer is in this bunch... the chunky pheno. She keeps packing on the flowers, and she is blowing the rest of them away in terms of speed. Now, if she finishes early-ish and the high is acceptable, she will be the keeper!

The entire cabinet smells like lemon, citrus, and skunk when I open the door, lol. I'm pretty sure it's all of them, not just one pheno.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Just wanted to show how close some of the leaves are to the bulb:

IMG2045_zps9078da93.jpg

This is about 1.5 inches away from the bulb, and that's the exposed area, not blocked by glass. That leaf is from the sexy pheno. Here's a pic of her:

IMG2044_zpsce8e1ca5.jpg

And here's the chunky one, which is outperforming the others on multiple levels:

IMG2047_zpsa8a801b5.jpg

Then, here's a pic that shows some of that curling leaf phenomenon that seems to be affecting the other phenos:

IMG2046_zps3f10f5da.jpg

That's it for now.

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
hi, i just love the thin sativ-ish foliage of your ladies.
all looks good, let the bud packing action begin! :biggrin:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Thanks guys! A little later today I'm going to take the plants out of the cab for individual photo shoots... Some of the plants are barely flowering, then the chunky and sexy phenos are in full swing. So, I might just cull a few of them, replacing them with seedlings. I've got Stacked Kush and Silver LA seedlings ready to go.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Picture time!

First, here is the chunky pheno, which as it turns out is the only stinky one of the bunch... That means all that sweet smell I get when I open the cabinet is coming from this one young lady:

IMG2057_zpsf7937675.jpg

IMG2061_zpsd2b23e0a.jpg

Then, here is the sexy pheno, which has no smell at all:

IMG2065_zpsd1cc592f.jpg

IMG2067_zpse92a5b8c.jpg

IMG2076_zps9469582c.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Next up is another pheno which has chunky buds, but is stretching like a madwoman, and has no smell:

IMG2079_zps81aa3dbe.jpg

IMG2080_zps55cb822c.jpg

Then we have the last pheno I'm keeping (for now, anyway) which is short, not flowering as fast as the chunky pheno, but actually has a very faint version of the same sweet smell:

IMG2086_zps5c87d50c.jpg

IMG2090_zpsb1aa1742.jpg

As you can see, that pheno is struggling to enjoy herself in my cab conditions. She will probably get bumped out when I have another plant ready.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
The two remaining phenos are barely setting any flowers yet, almost 3 weeks into flowering. So, they are being moved to the compost heap. I have replaced them with the Stacked Kush seedling and the Silver LA seedling. I didn't take any up close pictures of them. They are young, they look like young seedlings, lol.

But here's a pic of all the girls back in the cab:

IMG2093_zpsaa6ec8ad.jpg

That's all for now.

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
looks very nice!
the chunky one is my favourite :) and she seems to be the healthiest one too?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I removed the slow phenos from the grow today. Whenever I remove these plants they just go under the 400w... they aren't being destroyed or anything. Anyway, while I had the plants out I took pics of the lemon skunks.

IMG2138_zps19564162.jpg

IMG2139_zps2832d2d0.jpg

IMG2142_zps62afde4a.jpg

IMG2146_zps2ed3d320.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Back in the cab:

IMG2147_zpsfaa4db3d.jpg

IMG2149_zps85cc2ee1.jpg

Sadhus are on the left, Lemon Skunks in the back, and the ones from seed are on the right.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Pics from today:

IMG001_zps43915573.jpg

Here are the 2 from-seed plants:

IMG003_zps314a986c.jpg

It's obvious that plants from seed have more vigor from the start, and utilize the space in this cabinet much better than freshly rooted clones that are immediately thrown into flower. Especially the Stacked Kush:

IMG004_zps4f37b0fe.jpg

Here is the chunky Lemon Skunk:

IMG005_zps9fc7271f.jpg

And here is the sexy Lemon Skunk:

IMG007_zpsfd5893fb.jpg

Things are progressing nicely in here... But it is definitely obvious to me now that clones need to be vegged first before throwing them in here. I might just do 12/12 from seed in this cab from now on.

That's all for now!

Latest posts

Latest posts