What's new

hush's grow: 400w MH/HPS in a DR60, several strains, flood and drain style

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Next is the short Sadhu. She smells lovely, like ripe melons, and her structure is all I could ask for in a SOG plant. Happy to have her around, can't wait to try her out:

IMG1177.jpg

IMG1179.jpg

IMG1181.jpg

IMG1185.jpg

IMG1186.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
It's a pretty amazing combo. I know it's a bit overkill for the space, but I figure the glass blocks some lumens, and it doesn't seem to be hurting the plants any.

It remains to be seen if I'll be able to yield more than a 250 in this space though. I've always gotten about 4 to 6 ounces out of this size space with a 250. The reason I went with a 400 is for better penetration, so I could do taller cola buds.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Here is the gigabud. She smells pretty nice, and has large calyxes that remind me of Top 44. Won't be getting much yield off her, that's for sure:

IMG1190.jpg

IMG1193.jpg

IMG1197.jpg

IMG1200.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Here is the cheese, which smells nothing at all like cheese, but does smell like sweet skunky fruit:

IMG1202.jpg

IMG1208.jpg

IMG1211.jpg

IMG1215.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Then we have the short Far Out, which smells like grass, like, my front lawn. But there is an underlying classic marijuana smell there too, it's just faint:

IMG1225.jpg

IMG1227.jpg

IMG1231.jpg

IMG1240.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
The tall Sadhu now officially smells like armpit. It's pretty disgusting, if you ask me. I don't think I will be growing this pheno again unless it is REALLY bad ass. I'm not joking... It smells like mildewy armpit:

IMG1250.jpg

IMG1256.jpg

I really couldn't stand to have her outside of the closet right under my nose long enough to take any more pictures than that. Sorry. She better be fire bud!!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
And this is the other Far Out. This one smells like berries and fruit mixed with skunky funk:

IMG1298.jpg

IMG1302.jpg

IMG1312.jpg

IMG1317.jpg

IMG1318.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
That last Far Out has apparently thrown out a male flower:

IMG1292.jpg

So I will have to give her the chop. Now that makes me wonder if I should reveg this one... What if the male flower was a result of my topping her after she was already in flower? She never did like being topped... What to do now...

ZZTops

Veteran
Looking good Hush...

Why would you chop now...?

I think it's more genetics then topping, same with light leaks...

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I don't want her pollinating any of the other girls. But I think I'm going to reveg her after all. I'm just going to flush her, keep her in darkness for a couple of days, and give her the chop.

To be honest, I think this one is close to being done anyway. The calyxes are all swollen and there is about 10% amber it's just a freak phenotype I think. But I bet she would have been finished, if I hadn't topped her, in less than 8 weeks.

Since I've decided to reveg her, I guess I will find out some day.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I might be too late. :frown:

I smoked a sample bud off the hermie Far Out... and there were like 4 seeds in it. They were slightly immature, but they were mature enough to be the right color. So I'm guessing that the male flower I saw today was not the first one. That makes me suspect that there will be other seeds, in other plants, and possibly all of them. :frown:

At least I can say that this is the first hermie I've had in 20 years of growing. That was a pretty good streak.

So that being said, I don't know what buds look like when they are developing seeds. I've never grown seeded buds before. Can anyone tell me what to look for in the buds, to see evidence of the seeds growing in them? Can anyone see any seeds in any of the pictures I posted tonight?

Poop.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Update: the blueberry cobbler Far Out has nanners all over her, so she was removed today. :frown:

I inspected all the plants today, and the only ones that hermied are the two Far Outs that I had to top when they slammed into the ceiling on day 3 of flowering. So it might just be stress related. But I'm not going to reveg those 2 plants, so that means no more blueberry cobbler pheno. :frown:

Oh well, at least I have clones of the rest of them.

ZZTops

Veteran
So that being said, I don't know what buds look like when they are developing seeds. I've never grown seeded buds before. Can anyone tell me what to look for in the buds, to see evidence of the seeds growing in them? Can anyone see any seeds in any of the pictures I posted tonight?

Poop.

Here's a seed loaded bud developing, swollen calyx with red hair sticking out of them on the right side of bud...

picture.php

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Thanks man. I had a looksy at all the plants again, and it's really hard to say, but I think I do see evidence of seeds growing down in the lower buds of some of them. I wonder if it would be worth growing any of the seeds some day?

Both of the hermie plants have seeds galore growing inside of them. Now that has me wondering if I should try growing any of those seeds either.

ZZTops

Veteran
I would not worry about it, it's for personal use...?

Few seeds here are there is no big deal, if she's Hot I'd hit her again...:ying:

Who knows what you will find, unless you look...

Kind of like Pussy, The Worst I've had was still Pretty Good...:tiphat:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Yeah I guess I was just wondering if the seeds will grow into more hermies. I guess i would never know unless I try planting the seeds. I don't even know if there will be any mature seeds anywhere, but if there are, I'll probably try growing some seeds out.

I could have Far Out x anything in this tent, I suppose!

ZZTops

Veteran
I'm sure most will carry the Herm Trait but some may not. You can also collect the Herm pollen and hit a non-Herm female in bloom and make female seeds...

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
THAT is a good idea man! Don't know why that didn't occur to me. I still have the blueberry cobbler pheno, and it has several nanners on it. I picked one off and it opened up and spilled dust all over my fingers. So I know they are mature pods. That might be a way I could potentially get that blueberry cobbler aroma again!

I should state that I don't actually see any seed pods growing in any of the other plants, but I've never had any before so I'm a noob at spotting them. I haven't even purchased any seeded bud since I was in high school, lol. But I do want to say that the rest of plants look beautiful and are enjoying the extra space on the flood table. The white widow has become one of my favorite plants, by the way. Not bad for a freebie! It's structure is just very regal and sexy. The colors remind me of bud I used to buy in the 90s. It just looks beautiful. Not much of an odor, though. Can't wait to smoke her!