What's new

hush's grow: 400w MH/HPS in a DR60, several strains, flood and drain style

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I'll be back for a more lengthy update this weekend, but right now I wanted to show off my new mini flood table I am about to setup for the moms:

IMG1925_zps22908c1b.jpg

IMG1926_zpscefc385f.jpg

The frame is made from 3/4" PVC and the tray is a 22" x 11" perma-nest tray. The reservoir will be an aquarium. I just don't know which of my spare aquariums to use... I'll be setting up another one for cloning and vegging after I finish the first one.

:biggrin:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Well, I just received my new seed order today! 10 x GHS Lemon Skunk. I just dropped them all into rockwool cubes, and now the wait begins. That's what's next... Lemon Skunk!

The order also came with 2 free GHS Auto Sweet Mango, which I know nothing about. But the fact that it's an auto means I will just find a place outdoors for them. I haven't done any guerrilla growing in a very long time, so that might be fun.

Then there were also 2 more freebies: Stacked Kush by DNA Genetics, and Silver LA by Reserva Privada. But I will save those for another time...

Bobbles

Blastin' a 400hps in a 24" x 24" footprint... Wow!

How did the 250 to 400 comparison work out? Did you yield better as you expected or no? Just read this whole thread, well done.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Thanks Bobbles. You know, I really can't compare the yields just yet because this first grow was for selecting mothers. I didn't really grow the plants to their full potential, nor did I fill the entire space at any point. Also, this was my first time ever flowering under metal halide light, although next time I will be going back to hps. Altogether, my yield this time around was pretty low, but I expected it to be.

But what I can definitely say is that the 400 penetrates much better than the 250 did. I had solid buds all the way down the plants... There was no larf. When I was growing with a 250 I knew I could only maximize yields with scrog, because the penetration wasn't so good.

But the buds under the 400 all got very big, very dense, and went all the way down to the hydroton.

Stay tuned to my further grows if you really want to see what a 400 can do in a 2x2 space!

Good looking Hush. I run alot of Mandala in the stable but never femenized, sucks to hear about the hermies. Can't seem to find any Sadhu beans to order. Btw thanks for the heads up on the 3 pack of 1040's from Amazon, thats a tray!

Latest posts

Latest posts