What's new

hush grows up! 1000w MH/HPS in 4x4 tent

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Thanks guys. No, I don't have circulating fans yet, but I have been meaning to do that for the past week now. Things just keep getting in the way. Tomorrow I plan on taking care of a lot of things I've been putting off, and that's up at the top of the list. I know I'm going to need some strong branches when these things are done vegetating!

P

PerroVerde

I love this stuff here for helping with strong branches as well. It has many other benefits as well plus its cheap and easy to use. Fans make a huge difference with strength and growth rate of the plants as well... :)
http://www.dyna-gro.com/003.htm

Apache Kush

Nice set-up. I too plan on getting a 4x4 tent, right now with just my old 400w

My question is: What are your ambient daytime temperatures in the room?

Also, hope your ventilation is keeping things cool.
WHat kind of AC did you buy/balpark price?

I might need a AC here in the summer.. my up stairs area gets hot here in the desert (80-82 degrees F ambient temp.) but with lights on I've seen my buddys be grow get close to (85-88 F)....

I read running the carbon scrubber will affect your cfm's or fan stregnth...
Here is a link I found for a cabinet/tent with two fans.

One fan to move air out the light area/ the other fan just to pull for the carbon scubber...look at example #4

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=112862

4. Two Stage Cooling/Ventilation with cooltube and scrubber

P

PerroVerde

This grow is looking stellar bro. I know your plate is stacked but you are strait taking care of these beauties! Great work and I love reading the updates and seeing the pics... :)

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
^ Thanks man! :)

You know, I'm a huge fan of dynagro but I've never used protekt before. I'll have to give it a shot some time. I use their grow formula on my mother plants.

Nice set-up. I too plan on getting a 4x4 tent, right now with just my old 400w

My question is: What are your ambient daytime temperatures in the room?

Also, hope your ventilation is keeping things cool.
WHat kind of AC did you buy/balpark price?

Thanks. The ambient temp in the room during the lights off period is 68 degrees. I actually haven't measured the ambient temperature in the room during the middle of the light cycle... I'd be interested in knowing, so I'll have to measure that. But it's still pretty damn cool in there because the tent itself, right under the lamp, is measuring 74 degrees as the max temp.

The air conditioner is just the cheapest window unit they had at Walmart. It's mechanical, and it's rated 5050 btu's. It was like $125. I can't believe how well it keeps this room cold!

:D

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Hey thanks, Tony!

I LST'd the plants again tonight. In case anyone is interested, my method involves using wire coat hangers that I cut up and bend into long U-shaped stakes, which I then shove down into the substrate over the branches. It's pretty effective, and easier then dealing with twine and knots.

IMG073_zpsdbadc2a9.jpg

IMG071_zps0cd9f559.jpg

IMG072_zpsd8585716.jpg

Here's a different perspective, with the hps off, where you can see the LST stakes better:

IMG068_zpsb35cab0c.jpg

Apache Kush

Cool.
$125 is a great deal compared
to the ones in catalogs I saw...

What does the L.S.T. in LST'd them stand for for when trainng the plants...

I haive seen guys supercrop and bend branches hardcore...
till where the branches almost snap and then
Tie them down the to buckets First on this guys youtube. Now yours...

So, The plants bush out real nice and open up to the lighting right?
for higher yeilds and more budsites? Thanks.

Im going to do a search now on the forum, but will read you thoughts later -AK

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
Hey thanks, Tony!

I LST'd the plants again tonight. In case anyone is interested, my method involves using wire coat hangers that I cut up and bend into long U-shaped stakes, which I then shove down into the substrate over the branches. It's pretty effective, and easier then dealing with twine and knots.

so simple, yet so effective, RESPECTS :tiphat:

Apache Kush

Also I here good things from using Silca boosters on same guys youtube

He was using Botanicare's 'Silca Blast' and liked it.

Also, for mites and whitefly matenience the silca based Diatomaceous Earth.
Its a natural based silca that shreds bugs like sharp glass
and drys them out before they mature.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I added some circulation fans yesterday, and I lowered the light, too. It's as low as it's going. I might even raise it up again when I finally bump it up to 1000 watts. Anyway, the plants are growing well, with new growth every day. I think I might have trained them enough now. It looks like there are plenty of tops on each plant. Now I will just let them grow upward, and then I will flip them to 12/12 and all will be right in the universe. :D

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
It just dawned on me that it has been 5 weeks since I started this garden. That means the plants have been vegging for over a month! I'm starting to think that I will be flipping them to 12/12 in only about a week or two, which means they will have vegged for at least a month and a half. That should be long enough to get a QP out of each plant, right?

Or should I maybe supercrop all the branches that are about to pop up from all the plants? That will cost me an extra 2 weeks at least, I'm sure. But I am more concerned about hauling in the largest yield I can get, not finishing in a certain time frame. What do you guys think?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Well, I've been flowering her immediately upon rooting, without any vegging at all, and the 3-4 inch clones always end up about 16-18 inches. I don't know if that helps at all, really. LOL

Apache Kush

cool i never seen a grow that veg'ed that short...(just after rooting)

really interesting...

thoose pics a few pages back looked like sticks of colas :0
good to know you can flip them like that so soon...never occured to me

keep up the good work they look really nice man, will be watching

Latest posts

Latest posts