What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hush did a gardening

YukonKronic

Hi hush,

I'm so sorry to hear it friend. Prioritize first what's best and most important for you, your daughter and your family. Try to be calm and clear minded, anger doesn't help much in these situations. Retake the growing when you have settle your new life and you have the mood, it's better to don't add more headaches and stress to your life right now. You have friends here that support you on your passion on growing cannabis and won't judge you for that. I will be more than happy to send you Panama and Golden Tiger seeds for free when it's the right time for you.

A HUGE HUG! :huggg:

Damn your a kewl dude Dubi.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Dubi, thank you so much for that. You really are a top notch human being. I feel very overhwlemed all of a sudden. And the rest of you, I love yall too. I'm a little down today because today is the day I'm going to reach out to lawyers. I'm very nervous and just full of weird energy.

Yet, first thing that happened when I walked into work today was my boss came up to me and said, "Hey, that call I was just on was a person who wanted to call and tell me that they appreciate everything you do here." So I will take that as a good omen. But it's just such a weird day for me...

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Another update.

It looks like I might end up being forced out of my house, if what my wife warned me about is true... I wasn't under the impression that that could happen until the divorce is finalized. I'm securing a lawyer tomorrow so I guess I'll find out.

The point is, the Panama isn't dry, and won't be for another week. So I don't know what to do here. I was hoping to be able to get them down to *mostly* dry, and then I was going to go jar cure them at my friend's house. I can't dry them there because of the smell, so I didn't even bother asking him. I know that I could set up a carbon filter and stuff, but that would be noisy and he lives in a tiny one bedroom house.

Unless anyone has any super brilliant ideas, I think I have to trash it all. This upsets me so much. It's below freezing at night here so putting it in my storage shed won't work, which I could padlock and keep the key to myself. My soon to be ex wife has never stepped foot in there once in the two years we've been living here. But there's no power, so I can't even put a heater in there or anything.

I thought about leaving it in the grow room where it's currently hanging, turning the carbon filter on, and then locking the door, keeping the only key to myself. But then there is a good possibility that they will get bone dry because I don't know when I'll be coming back to the house again. I hope that she'll be allowing me to see my daughter while she's kicked me out of the house and before the divorce is finalized, but I've never done this before, and I don't know if my attorney will tell me that I shouldn't talk to her at all or anything. I'm just really ill prepared for this, and kind of a dummy to be honest, so I'm just trying to think of all the possibilities and probabilities.

Goddammit.

Anyway, I'm guessing I'm going to just go ahead and find a new permanent home, rather than what I thought I would be doing which is couch surfing and hotel rooms, while I waited things out in order to see how things would go (I was naively expecting her to want a collaborative divorce.. see? I'm kind of a dummy). So what I'm hoping this will mean is that I'll be able to get back into gardening sooner than later. It'll have to be a single, small, stealth garden, but that's fine. Anything's better than nothing.

Did I say goddammit? Because god fucking dammit.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
First off hush, you're not a dummy... I haven't been active on ICMag all that long, but I've been following your threads since you've been putting them out and I can say first hand that you're obviously an intelligent person, and one with a good heart. You are going through an unbelievably stressful situation, and a life changing one at that. No need to beat up on yourself.

Try to stay calm and keep a clear head. Take care of yourself and your family first and worry about the weed second, it can easily be replaced. Take one day at a time and keep your cool. You'll have better days ahead of you.

R

red23

Another update.

It looks like I might end up being forced out of my house, if what my wife warned me about is true... I wasn't under the impression that that could happen until the divorce is finalized. I'm securing a lawyer tomorrow so I guess I'll find out.

The point is, the Panama isn't dry, and won't be for another week. So I don't know what to do here. I was hoping to be able to get them down to *mostly* dry, and then I was going to go jar cure them at my friend's house. I can't dry them there because of the smell, so I didn't even bother asking him. I know that I could set up a carbon filter and stuff, but that would be noisy and he lives in a tiny one bedroom house.

Unless anyone has any super brilliant ideas, I think I have to trash it all. This upsets me so much. It's below freezing at night here so putting it in my storage shed won't work, which I could padlock and keep the key to myself. My soon to be ex wife has never stepped foot in there once in the two years we've been living here. But there's no power, so I can't even put a heater in there or anything.

I thought about leaving it in the grow room where it's currently hanging, turning the carbon filter on, and then locking the door, keeping the only key to myself. But then there is a good possibility that they will get bone dry because I don't know when I'll be coming back to the house again. I hope that she'll be allowing me to see my daughter while she's kicked me out of the house and before the divorce is finalized, but I've never done this before, and I don't know if my attorney will tell me that I shouldn't talk to her at all or anything. I'm just really ill prepared for this, and kind of a dummy to be honest, so I'm just trying to think of all the possibilities and probabilities.

Goddammit.

Anyway, I'm guessing I'm going to just go ahead and find a new permanent home, rather than what I thought I would be doing which is couch surfing and hotel rooms, while I waited things out in order to see how things would go (I was naively expecting her to want a collaborative divorce.. see? I'm kind of a dummy). So what I'm hoping this will mean is that I'll be able to get back into gardening sooner than later. It'll have to be a single, small, stealth garden, but that's fine. Anything's better than nothing.

Did I say goddammit? Because god fucking dammit.
Rice absorbs moisture.Seen seeds kept together with rice
Stuff panty hoses with buds, not over stuff them,get a plastic container, and,start with layering rice and stuffed panty hoses.A few holes on the container, for it to breathe
Might work with containing the smell once all buds are covered with rice and container sealed.Sounds like a slow dry cob process, but,it's the only I can offer, and,don't know if it's going to work

Koondense

Veteran
Bone dry is way better than trashed but hash is best of all! Freeze drying is not as bad as it seems.
There are always options with herb.

Cheers hush and best wishes

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Alright, another update, and this time it's not so bad.

Everything has finally been able to calm down a bit and we're talking again. The energy has shifted a little. Other things I won't get into. So, I'm already deciding on my next place. I'll be living in an apartment. Checked out the building today and landlord seems cool, it's close to my work, price is right, etc. Got to see the apartment I would be renting, and it has plenty closet space for my needs, both wardrobe and botanical. So I'm feeling a bit better now. Wife and I are going to remain friends. Made peace with her mom. Everything is looking up now.

All of this means I've been able to stay in the house until I can get the apartment. That means the Panama is drying downstairs and I'm here to check on it. So that's awesome. I'm just going to cut back on my intake so that I can make it last a long while, and I'll be getting a setup going at the new place. It'll have to be a 400 watt setup though, unfortunately. I don't think the closet could handle the 600. It's really narrow, and long. One of those that sort of spans the length of one side of the bedroom. Maybe only 2 feet wide, I think, and around 8 feet long, I guess. This is just from a quick glance on my lunch break.

So I could have a flowering 400w setup on one end, and a vegetative/cloning setup on the other end, with LEDs. Made sure there was no reason for the landlord to ever need to get into the closet... Like, there's no wiring in there, there's no attic access, nothing. So if he ever needs to come in to fix the radiator or something, he has no reason to go into the bedroom closet. So I'll do my thing, and be stealthy like the old days again, keeping noise and smell down, light proofing everything. I'm feeling much better about it all.

I can rely on a setup like I just described to give me up to a good 3/4 of a pound every 3 months or so, once dialed in and using clones with known characteristics, and that would be just fine.

I'm growing for one, now.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Okay I'm being officially kicked out this week. Was supposed to be today, apparently, but my lawyer called hers and they extended it to Friday. Whatever. I don't even want to be here anymore other than being able to see my daughter.

Anyway, I brought a space heater down into the grow room to speed the drying along. Stems aren't snapping yet. I'm thinking I can get them all dry and jarrable by tomorrow night. Also, I pulled all the buds off of the branches and threw them on the drying racks. Either tomorrow night or the following night they will be dry enough to put in jars, and that will allow me to stealthily hide them somewhere until I secure the new apartment.

Based on some discoveries by my lawyer, I've decided to save money and go with the 1BR instead of the 2BR. We found out what she's asking for, and if I get the shit end of the stick, I'll probably have to declare bankruptcy. So I think I'll be frugal at first. 1 bedroom it is. That means severely limited in growing space. But oh well. No matter what, I'll at least setup the DR60 and have a single tent going at all times. But damn. This sucks.

As I went through the buds I've decided that my original estimate is probably fairly accurate. Maybe slightly under 5 ounces. That's a shit yield for a 600 watter, but it's not horrible. And it's 5 more ounces than I previously had. Also, considering the problems I had with the garden, it's actually pretty generous. Normally that would only last me about ten weeks, so we'll see how well I can ration it. First thing I'm doing in the new place is setting up the tent, and I don't even remember what the closet looked like because I really thought I'd be taking the 2BR. But it had to have a closet somewhere, right?

Some buds were juuust dry enough for me to be able to shove into the vaporizer, so I did just that. I'm currently high on Panama for the first time. That's pretty awesome. Also, it tastes so unique! I can't compare it to anything, other than it gave me a flashback to some of the brick weed I used to smoke in the early 90s, which instantly made me wonder if my Mexican friends I was getting it from were sometimes getting Panamanian weed or something? Or maybe all Central American varieties are just similar? No matter, it's lovely. I can still taste it in my mouth, like twenty minutes later. The effect is not entirely in the head. I get why so many people are suspicious about this cultivar and try to say that it must have indica in it. I'm feeling a body buzz, like a literal buzzing. Like I'm vibrating. Kind of tryptamine-like, in a way. :biggrin:

Alright, I'm sleeping in the grow room tonight, so wish me luck. Good night y'all.

YukonKronic

Good luck buddy! Sounds like your handling it better than I would... Panama sounds delicious! Glad you got to try some to pick your day up a bit.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
This is all that's left of the grow room right here. :comfort:

eui3CDC.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
It was a good smoke, yes, lol. Sleeping in the grow room sucked though. It's a little too chilly in there at night time. I'm doing it again tonight, but I'm bringing in tons of blankets. Then, tomorrow I will be jarring up the buds and transporting them to a hiding spot. Once that's done, I will be checking out of here and sleeping in the basement at my place of work. Until I can secure the apartment.

This sucks. I don't recommend getting married if you're growing illegally. Learn from my mistakes. I don't regret it or anything, and I am very happy to have my daughter, but I feel like we could have had her without getting married, and I might still have a grow room. I'm just saying.

And yes, there's WiFi down there. But honestly I ended up turning it off because my mobile data signal is stronger. Unlimited data for the win!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Well it's all jarred up. The drying rack thing was put away. The equipment is ready to be packed into a storage space area in the basement at work. I'm still waiting for a call back on the apartment, but I'm pretty sure I'll get in there soon enough. After speaking with the lawyer today I learned that it's in my best interest to get a 2 bedroom, so back to plan A again. :biggrin:

9TZcA93.jpg

Anyway, there's the unmanicured harvest. The fact that the leaves are still there means these jars aren't as full as they appear, keep that in mind. That's also why you see that yellow everywhere, lol. That's two half-gallon jars, a quart jar, and a whatever-the-hell-size-that-big-one-is jar. I still think it's safe to say I'm close, that it's somewhere right around 5 ounces. I won't weigh it or pick out of it until I get settled into a new apartment.

Anyone wanna guess the weight in the mean time? :biggrin:

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Glad to hear you are doing alright hush. Congrats on the harvest. I'm going to take a liberal guess and say that it's 6 1/2 ounces :)

I'm going with 6 oz.

Good to see you are still kickin, hush! I too have been on a bit of a hiatus, but as life throws curve balls, we must make choices to balance our beloved hobby and our freedom. Best of luck with the transition. Looking forward to the next grow journal.

I too have grown partial to ace genetics (and cannabiogen). Currently have GT and Zam in the early stages of their lives, along with destroyer. Currently smoking on some Malawi. These are definitely the genetics I will continue to sort through. I was lucky enough to start my ace experience with the zamal x hashplant that was a limited release back a few years ago. Sure wish they would rub a few of those branches together again. ;) props to dubi and his crew on everything I've tried thus far. It keeps me optimistic.

Anyways, welcome back and best of luck.

PDX Dopesmoker

Nice jars, got to be half a pound at least though. All you folks with the short guesses are making this easy for me, what do I win?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
^ LOL. :biggrin:

Well, I just wanted to say that I got my apartment today! And wait, it gets better.... Are you ready for this?...

There is no lease, the rent is only $350 a month, and that includes utilities! :jump:

This is nothing more than a case of serendipity. I firmly believe this is the result of just being a good person and keeping my karma in check. Long story short, a friend of mine mentioned to me that a mutual friend of ours has a "studio apartment" up above his shop down in the historic district. I told her that I didn't think I would be able to live in a studio, because I would need to have a dedicated bedroom for my daughter, but thanks anyway. Nonetheless, she ran into the dude later on in the evening, and asked him about his apartment anyway. Boy am I glad she did, because it's not a studio apartment after all... it's a 1 bedroom! And as coincidence would have it, it was vacant.

So I walked to his shop and talked to him, and he basically told me that since he knows me and trusts me (we have a relationship through my employer... he is a supporter of the organization I work for), he wants me to live up there so that I can be extra "security" for his shop downstairs. Also, there is an adjoining apartment with a woman living there, and he thought having a man living next door would provide extra security for her. I don't know what specifically that means, but I think it just means having a man living there who looks like he can take care of himself and others is a visual deterrent to shady people or something like that. Whatever, I don't care. I have a place to live!

There's totally some closet space for me to set up the 2x2 tent. I'll also setup the veg cab in the same closet. I don't know. I'll figure it out later. The best part about all of this is that I totally don't ever have to worry about a nosy landlord. I know this guy. He's super cool, super nice, and he has mutual respect for me.

I never thought I would ever find myself living in a place that only costs $350. I mean, especially not in a nice apartment with hardwood floors in an awesome, old building in the historic district of my town on Main Street. This is so awesome.

Okay, I just wanted to share with someone. That is all.

:blowbubbles:

YukonKronic

Nice bro! Jars full of Panama an unexpectedly nice place for super low rent... looks like some nice bright spots man keep looking for them and they'll keep being there:biggrin: