What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HUNTERS vs. YOUR CROP

• Thread starter Plant n Prosper
  • Start date

festerous

Veteran
That property looks like lyme disease waiting to happen not to mention the hornets. Not the best place to take your Boy Scout troop. Scouts are not what they used to be as some troops never even experience a real camp out, just a few scattered day trips with lots of crafts and such.

A

Alone

Pn'P ~ Check out the Coops Haze thats golden in color on the last pages of Free Your Budshots 3 thread.
Elmer Bud told me his nuggs get golden because of sun drying.
Those old school imported gold strains were sun dried which brought out that beautiful golden color.
I know light deminishes potency, but these golden buds look awesome. I would def look into letting the morning sun hit those hanging buds for a few hours a day before covering them with a tarp. This should help with any mold issues and quicker drying with golden colors. Just a thought.....

TLoft13

Ok so I've been searching my area for ideal locations (mineral soil wetlands specifically) and every location I find is off of a 4x4 trail.

I realize these are used by hunters and how anal they can be about trespassing on their precious land. This deters me in a way from my locations. I'm afraid that one day while I'm back there I'll cross one of these guys and they won't let me off easy...

Has anyone ever crossed paths with a game hunter while on their way to/back from their grow site?

My alibi is a bird watcher and I have all the supplies to back it up with - bird watching field guide, binocs, camera w/ pictures of birds on it...

Does anyone use these game trails to access their site?

And what's that worst thing that can happen if you were to cross one of these high-tempered hunters? What would you say?

If you guys have any advice before I treck back into the bush and planting in a marsh off of a hunters trail feel free to throw some pointers my way, would like to hear what the real guerrillas out there do when crossed with this all-too common problem!

I use a complex logic pattern to survive such dangerous encounters:

IF you are on private property
OR you look like EITHER (Bob Marley, Cheech&Chong, Mexifornian Gangbanger)
ACTION: RUN FOR THE HILLS!
ELSE:
ACTION: Say "Good day to you!" and be on your way

You know why we dangerous, armed, high-tempered hunters/rightwing-gun-nutsos shoot growers like you on sight, Plant 'n Prosper?
Because otherwise you could find OUR spots.
AND you ecofriendly-vegan-hippies make good fertilizer.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Is there anyway I can look up if a certain plot of a land is public or private that you know of? This is so frustrating!
firstly you need a county section map.
land is separated into sections,townships and ranges.
you need to know the section township and range of the parcel in question.
once you have the section number you can get the "tax map" from the local tax assessor's office.
overlay that with an aerial photograph of the section.
every parcel ID is listed on the tax map and the name of the person paying the taxes or if the land is public.
the total cost will be about $50.00 for all the maps and the local courthouse records department is the place to start.
a section is ~1 mile squared. so you can get several and find a public spot that fits your needs without ever setting foot in the woods.

wear orange and make noise!
the very worst thing that can happen is you getting mistaken for game!

igrowone

Veteran
damn fine thread, haven't seen this issue discussed quite so thoroughly
it did get me pondering, what is the ultimate camouflage in hunting territory?
why you join them! become a hunter yourself, or at least have all the stuff, gun, camo, license, etc.
you certainly won't stand out, provided you're reasonably well educated on the subject
this does of course bring up the issues of guns and grows, they don't mix all that well, at least in certain situations
still, this might be viable in the right spot

P

Plant n Prosper

[QUOTE=igrowoneat the airport" (which is true) and he laughed and said "word, well have a good day m

Galactic

I don't man but i see completely through you bro. True you ask honest questions and aren't trying to be deceptive but goddamn you're so high on yourself bro... How you talk like that to norcal? Solid advice there man even though it hurts the ego. It shouldn't, what do you have worthy of your ego defending lol.

Don't need newbie board, go to rollitup.

Galactic

I get all that but nobody disputes your worth as a human being. I know sometimes on these boards words seem like personal attacks on the worth of the individual, and you'd get offensive/defensive. Nothing wrong with that but not the case here.

Norcal attacked your knowledge you presented. Different thing. And its certainly clear, his growing skills actually are "better" than yours. Worth as a person? Hey, we on the the same page, nobody better than other. But growing, hey he's better. So listen.

offthehook

Veteran
Norcal was blatant. He appologised, erased his post, his appology was accepted and all should be good and fine by now.

Also ppl with exellent growing skills can have a bad day yanno.

Lets move on please.

wisco61

50 acres is not a lot of land if there are 20-30 kids running around. And if they find it, the police will be notified and they might put forth some extra effort. "Pot grower busted on Boy Scout land!" makes a good headline.

Those wood duck nests go from innocuous to potential magnets for scouts earning their duck watching badge or some shit.

Any other type of land is going to be deserted in the summer. Boy Scout land is the one type that probably gets more use I would think. Summer camps and the such, when else are they going to use it?

If it was me, I would abandon this spot. Especially if it really only 50 acres. If it is actually 250+ that would maybe change things.

Just IMO.

wisco61

Then I located the county site and applied to be a scout myself. They have the 17-20 yr old scouts sited 5 miles south of my "site" so I said I was 18 and filled out an application. In the questions margin I asked if we'd be playing "find the flag" or anything deep in the woods, because I got lost in the woods as a boy and wasn't sure if the scouts would be for me if we were to partake in deep hikes like that. I'll be getting more info back any day now...

If its that age group, these are the eagle scouts, they are the ones who do the survival wandering in the woods thing. Lots of them are planning on military or law enforcement careers, its just they type it seems to attract. I would move on, seems risky. You have the tax maps now, find some public land, timber company land, large tracts of private land or the such.

festerous

Veteran
In this day and age a scoutmaster is not going to strip down a bunch of young boys or awkward teenagers and check betwixt their ass cheeks for ticks. In the last two decades their numbers have increased dramatically in the north east.