What's new

Humboldt's Secret Golden Tree, legit or snake oil?

keebo3000

I love golden tree nutrients...I used advanced nutrients in the past, also botanicares line up, and without a doubt golden surpassed them all. The best part about it is the application rates, if you go strictly by application rates this product is MUCH cheaper than MOST lines out there, and it makes your plants extremely happy!! My .2 cents

As much as we would like to champion the DIY approach in the name of frugality and financial acumen, most legitimate nutrient manufacturers aren't just taking the add water approach. Unfortunately the average farmer buying bulk dry soluble is doing just that, so I feel its not just a simple debate of let the little guy do the stirring. Formulation and sound science isn't the hallmark of DIY, to the contrary the motto is quick/easy/cheap. If it makes one feel better pulling back the curtain on the Wizard of Oz then I encourage such placebo in anyone's comfort while gardening. However, if you saved money feeling like you stuck it to the man and your end product still sucks, then nobody gives fuck all about your coupon mentality.

Last edited:

keebo3000

:laughing:
As much as we would like to champion the DIY approach in the name of frugality and financial acumen, most legitimate nutrient manufacturers aren't just taking the add water approach. Unfortunately the average farmer buying bulk dry soluble is doing just that, so I feel its not just a simple debate of let the little guy doing the stirring. Formulation and sound science isn't the hallmark of DIY, to the contrary the motto is quick/easy/cheap. If it makes one feel better pulling back the curtain on the Wizard of Oz then I encourage such placebo in anyone's comfort while gardening. However, if you saved money feeling like you stuck it to the man and your end product still sucks, then nobody gives fuck all about your coupon mentality.

Extremely well said sir!!! Give me something that works every time, because time is the most important, money you can always get back. Time is finite. I will spend money to save time, every time!

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I were British:

"What preposterous nonsense! Balderdash!"

There's more to DIY than "I'm a cheapskate"

-it's customizable
-wider range of experience
-it's cheap as fuck (hehe)
-you don't feel like a tool substituting money for knowledge and a pinch of elbow grease

Some people are happy with the Easy Bake oven, some work from scratch. I find very little difference in results between "the just add water" approach of 6/9'ers, dry salt users, et al., and the "I grow with 27 different bottles of fruit juice".

I don't use supplements so I figured I would give this product a test run.i bought a half gallon at the hydro shop. It has made some difference. My flowering plants with it are about two weeks in and it stacked more nodes and flowering sites then normal. It also makes my plants in veg greener and looking better.

I will report back later when I finish a whole run if it was worth it. So far it seems to have made a difference for the better. I'm running it in promix hp in two rooms, one with RO water and 6/9 and the other with tap and pureblend pro bloom for soil.

If I were compulsive enough I could figure out how to make dirt cheap toothpicks, once I get those suckers carved down and I move onto crafting my own toilet paper, these free market imperial capitalists will rue the day.

Dorky

My friend did side by side.

Promix with GH 3 part

Promix with GH 3 part with Golden tree.

end result no difference

bigalthegrower

My friend did side by side.

Promix with GH 3 part

Promix with GH 3 part with Golden tree.

end result no difference

Side by sides are very important. Thank you for sharing the results of the experiment.

I have a friend who did a side by side.

6kw using American Hydro in recirculating coco/perlite media
vs
6kw using American Hydro w/golden tree in recirculating coco/perlite media

end result......NO difference.
bummer

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My friend says unicorns died out in the last World War.

Got anything with meat on it?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They're still around in Banff, I taught they were extinct.

[youtubeif]AkW-EAkClbE[/youtubeif]

That made me laugh.
Im not sure I understand.:comfort:

The first reply my browser ate was more sarcastic and less haw-haw.

"My friend says" isn't going to hold much sway anywhere outside of a drunken pub conversation.

bigalthegrower

The first reply my browser ate was more sarcastic and less haw-haw.

"My friend says" isn't going to hold much sway anywhere outside of a drunken pub conversation.

Thanks for clearing that up. Glad to hear your browser ate the meaner version of your post. I'm only sharing what I have experienced.

Unfortunately, I cannot do better than "My friend says".

You will have to take my word on it. I saw the side by side with my own eyes. I thought you(ICMag) would like to hear the results. I really wanted to believe that I could find excellent results in a regime(Golden Tree) costing roughly a third of Canna's Boost. Unfortunately, I didn't see any value gained from using it.

At the moment, I am in the middle of a similar side by side comparing home made Triacontanol solution(using protocol outlined at MBFerts.com[glow's favorite]) vs Canna's Boost. When I post the results, you(again) will only have my word.

Unicorns taste like pork??

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hehe I'm glad you did.

I'm a prick a lot of the time. All the time.

It is good to get results, no matter where they point, but the more evidence, the stronger the result.

glow

Thanks for clearing that up. Glad to hear your browser ate the meaner version of your post. I'm only sharing what I have experienced.

Unfortunately, I cannot do better than "My friend says".

You will have to take my word on it. I saw the side by side with my own eyes. I thought you(ICMag) would like to hear the results. I really wanted to believe that I could find excellent results in a regime(Golden Tree) costing roughly a third of Canna's Boost. Unfortunately, I didn't see any value gained from using it.

At the moment, I am in the middle of a similar side by side comparing home made Triacontanol solution(using protocol outlined at MBFerts.com[glow's favorite]) vs Canna's Boost. When I post the results, you(again) will only have my word.

Unicorns taste like pork??

Yes strange really as I would have thought they would have tasted more like horse. Apparently the French ate them all out so I'll never know. Looking forward to hearing the results of the side-by-side. I expect there's a bit more going on in Boost than just TRIA.

Latest posts

Latest posts