What's new

HumboldtLocals Outdoor 2010

microgram

It's the emerald triangle! There's tons of pot everywhere! Only jealous guys like us ever see the pictures, and only very (un)fortunate souls get to smoke his grass!

NickMode

It's the emerald triangle! There's tons of pot everywhere! Only jealous guys like us ever see the pictures, and only very (un)fortunate souls get to smoke his grass!

I know. I was asking because im considering moving to humboldt county and going to school at HSU. I found some places on craigslist and some have a nice big backyard, but are near other houses as well. Not sure if i would have to be worried about people messing with my plants thats all.

H

humboldtlocal

Hi everyone. Thanks again for following along here.:) Everything is rolling along nicely. Weather is finely cooperating and making life easy.

Gah, you're a lucky guy humbolt, aren't you ever!
If you ever fear too low of a temp for too long, a handy trick... you beat me to it!
I was going to recommend using 60W incandescent lights, but cfls work too!

I presume you aren't using them for heat? more to extend the light hours?
Feel free to enlighten me :)

UG!

Hey Micro, no heat just supplemental light for the clones. They seam to be vegging along nicely and really seam to be happy to be out of the grow room and under the bright Humboldt sun.
Some pics from today.
Another hoop row planted. Three down five to go.:) Five of them will be seed starts the other three will all be OG and Mr Nice clones. The clones won't go in till first week of june or so.
IMG00034-20100512-1629.jpg
We got this greenhouse planted. 15 OG's. This is the only one in a smart pot. The rest are in big holes with a raised bed on top to add some soil.
IMG00035-20100512-1644.jpg
Hard to tell the GH is planted because of all the extra ladies taking shelter in there.
IMG00036-20100512-1644.jpg
This is a hoop full of Mr Nice.
IMG00037-20100512-1644.jpg

H

humboldtlocal

I know. I was asking because im considering moving to humboldt county and going to school at HSU. I found some places on craigslist and some have a nice big backyard, but are near other houses as well. Not sure if i would have to be worried about people messing with my plants thats all.

If you are growing in your back yard in Arcata or Eureka I would be very worried about people stealing your plants. I am not anywhere near those places thank Jah. :dance013:
IMG00038-20100512-1738.jpg
The plant in the closer 300 gallon smart pot is the notorious Shoe Goo!!!! A strain that came from friends in Grass Valley. Last year the their biggest plant was a 13 pound Shoe. We are really excited to see what the Shoe can do. The one in the farther pot is a Burmese Kush x Goo from the same folks. This Burmese also produces over ten pounders. I hope they can still produce even with the Goo crossed in there. We will have to wait and see. The soil in our smart pots is finally under eighty degrees and ready to plant.
IMG00039-20100512-1739.jpg

Hard to believe that they looked like this a month ago.:jump:

DSCI0441
Sempre PK

We are hoping to have everything in the ground, other than some late vegging clones, in the next week. The hoops are making it so nice and warm for the ladies. They seam very happy.:wave:

ROOTWISE

Veteran
SWEET!

Man you guys and gals have been BUSY this Spring. Happy to see such a strong start brother...

Really looking happy and healthy!

Doing any Tea this year?

All my best-

RW

H

humboldtlocal

SWEET!

Man you guys and gals have been BUSY this Spring. Happy to see such a strong start brother...

Really looking happy and healthy!

Doing any Tea this year?

All my best-

RW

Thanks for the support bro. We have some friends with a tea brewing business. They have a portable brewer on a trailer they may be bringing by our place several times this year. I am looking forward to hearing and seeing how you set your brewers up. I would love a set up like you have but lack power at several sites. A large tank on a trailer would be the solution but I don't think we will get it together this year. Are you getting your greenie planted soon?

ROOTWISE

Veteran
The tea trailer sounds like a good solution, those are some smart friends!! I'll do a detailed thread when my brewers are up and running, pretty simple really....

Planting tomorrow bro, always a good day and always hoping they transition well.....

Talk to you soon-

H

humboldtlocal

RW, I truly admire what a real farmer you are. I am loving your use of local amendments and manures. You sir, are the real deal. Also your beautiful flower and blossom shots. Lovely. Keep em coming bro and happy planting.

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
HumboldtLocals Outdoor 2010

Got my eye on the shoe goo!!

Would think the goo may contribute chunky greasy buds..know what's it's crossed to? Should be FUN :)

Lookin great, Hum. Keep er up.

P

planty

I'm going to go with my plan of machining the second cutting and hand trimming the top halves

H

humboldtlocal

Hi everyone. Time for a little update. I spent a couple days in sacramento hanging with my collective, Fruitridge Health and Wellness Collective. http://www.fhwcc.org/ These guys are the model of what a compassionate collective is all about. While I was there they were giving away fresh produce and eggs to their patients and they also give away several lbs of medicine every month. They have a massage therapist that works on patients and they take care of vets and seniors as well. I have been so impressed with these guys and I am happy to grow for them. I had a lot of offers to grow for collectives and I was really moved by how these guys operate and the great reputation they have. If you are anywhere near Sac this is the place to be. They had a ton of great clones when I was down there if any one is looking for legit cuts. This winter I will be stocking that place with a lot of my genetics as well. I took in some of the sights while I was down there. Nomaad convinced me I needed to be posting larger pics so here they are.
This is where all the real crimes in Cali are committed.:)
picture.php

picture.php

Here is the Burmese Kush x Goo. Starting to get cranking.
picture.php

Here is the Shoe Goo also kicking into gear.
picture.php

And Ganja D doing his part to keep kids off drugs.:)
picture.php

picture.php

The weather has been a little cold and rainy but the hoops are paying off. Well worth the extra effort. The girls don't seam to be missing a beat.
We will be applying for Clean Green Certification here real soon so I will let everyone know how that process goes. We need more Organic, healthy, pesticide, and chemical free meds in the collectives. Our patients deserve it.

nomaad

Veteran
Looking good, man. I'm keepijng an eye on the Shoe Goo. Hoping something can snap me out of my ambivalence toward anything Goo related.

H

humboldtlocal

13 lb plants should do it hopefully. :) That is what we have heard this one is capable of.

C

CityOfTrees530

those tomato cages are nice, much better then the regular standard one.

Latest posts

Latest posts