What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Humboldt county rent land ?

mrmycelium420

I thought its more relaxed out there since obama told feds to relax ? I mean I wouldnt get fucked with by feds right just schwaggy people ?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
do you grow magic mushrooms?

back to topic...good luck, but you are dreaming. stay where you are and save up at least 10k. 1k will not even last you a month out here, unless you plan to live in the national forest like a hermit/bum.

are you sure you want to trade your warm bed for a cot in the forest? its not that glamorous.

you should just stay put, use that 1k to get some seeds and some nutes, and go hike out into your local forest and try to do some guerilla shit. you can get more money for your wares where you live.

D

DiiZZii3

Yea man if u have enough ambition to live in a tent then i would spend this upcoming season in your local state park. With the right genetics and know how you could easily make enough money to move to cali after harvest. shit, i spent a total of about 16 hour in the woods last season and was able to pull off $6000 worth of buds.

mrmycelium420

Yea man if u have enough ambition to live in a tent then i would spend this upcoming season in your local state park. With the right genetics and know how you could easily make enough money to move to cali after harvest. shit, i spent a total of about 16 hour in the woods last season and was able to pull off $6000 worth of buds.
do I have to own land to pull this off with out worrying ?

mrktwiz

thanks for informing me I wasnt really sure what to expect but my goals are bassicly to hopefully get a job out there not far from my spot maybe even just get out there and learn without my own farm and save up money I have only done bedroom grows and I admit I know didley squat but I really want to learn im not looking to get rich just live comftorable and be able to help people out someday. I was hoping that maybe someone would give me a chunk of there land on rent for a cheap amount every month but hell I am 19 and may sound redicolous but fuck I want to get out there oh and sorry about the run ons :freezing:

Dude not to piss on your dreams but Cali is $28 billion in debt, has the 2nd highest unemployment rate (just went back up to 12.5%) and Humboldt has no work at all! Sorry we are broke as a joke, in fact the state legislature is considering "bankruptcy" which will really fuck up the US economy as Cali is the #5 GDP in the world so we are in a world of hurt here. Taxes are only going to go up that is inevitable, do I sound like a total downer ..yes.... if I didn't absolutely love the woman I am blessed with, and she is going to inherit her mothers farm.... I would be outta here in a minute. So I am kinda stuck here and I live in Santa Cruz / Monterey bay area (rated most expensive area to live in Forbes 2006)...oh did I mention I have not been able to find a job for 2 years?

I would look at states that are very cheap to live in AND you can do real good growing if your out in the woods type of thing, i.e. Mississipi, Louisiana, Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky come to mind but their winters are very cold.

Sorry bro I know your young and that is a blessing for you, you have time but California is just so expensive to make it happen, I think you could choose a MUCH cheaper area of the country, build up some funds and then follow your bliss.

I mean this in all love and helpfulness sorry if I sounded bitter but it is a real tough time here BUT I do love where I live ...just today it was 75 degrees and I was sweating doing my daily walk to recouperate after a long hospital stay, it was just a beautiful day down by the yacht harbor.

I hope you find your dreams and never give up!

STFU

The guy above me just spelled out Cali in a nutshell. Even if you did get land on the cheap you would just be another guy trying to push OD Blue Dream to the club. That didn't work out so hot this year >.< You have some serious ambition and I like that. Stay in the Catskills in NY and invest your 1k in camping gear, nutes, and some fluro's and seeds for moms. With 1k invested in a ghetto guerrilla grow you could pull serious coin. The NY market is a like a fat Jew with holes in his pockets. All those gold coins for the taking!

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
Hey dude Im a few years older than you but not by much, I got tire of Florida my family all left and rented a moving truck and took all my shit to cali about 3 months ago!
I did have some money saved up but really no clue of anything just took the chance!
I do know how to grow indoors and thats what the hell im doing right now.. Like they said above its not easy around here.. everyone is doing this so if your stuff isn't the absolute best you will have a hard time making any money... just staying alive is a struggle lol.
But like they said above you only live ones... and the sooner you start the faster you create.

My mother drew a distinction between achievement and success..... you dont drown by falling in the water; you only deown if you stay there.

wish you the best man Stay positive.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
do I have to own land to pull this off with out worrying ?

you dont have the kind of money to own/rent land, so your only option is guerilla grow. buy a tent, a bunch of beef jerky, a few bags of soil, and a pack of seeds. veg your seeds out under CFLS in a closet until around may. find which ones are male, kill them. go hike around your local mountain range or anywhere theres alot of forestry. find a nice guerilla spot or two, and dig out some 3x3 beds for each plant. filll her up with soil, amend with worm castings, maybe drop a few nitrogen pellets in there.....follow some of the other outdoor guerilla threads on here...people pull a decent haul doing guerilla.....with a half dozen 3x3 plots you could pull a LB off each so 6 lbs at NY prices and you are up 20k next oudoor season. thats enough money to decide if you really wanna come to cali or maybe you wanna do something else.

personally i would tell everyone moving to cali to stay where they are and grow there. you can get more money for your weed and theres less competition...here in california its hard to set up guerilla grows because there is way to many people everywhere, we got CAMP, Dept Fish & Game, Mexican cartel, and dozens of people who could find your grow. and your guerilla weed will only fetch 1k a lb here.....so financially it doesnt make sense...

T

theJointedOne

not too many mexican cartels, mostly rich white dudes hiring mexi farm labour.

cartel thing is a myth imo, they can grow it in mexico for pinner compared to here

i will say you should just do guerilla and try to get 5 pounds. not much at all, 10 plants at half a pound would do that.

then you start with that if you want

good luck

STFU

I've heard gunshots exchanged between Mexicans and Rangers in the hills behind my house. Yes there are Mexican cartel grows. Its NOT a myth. Maybe not to the extent the media wants you to believe, but they are definitely out there. Like prop215 and I said, stay in NY guerilla grow and use your east coast location to your ADVANTAGE.

etncrew

I don't know why you'd even consider moving to what an area that's considered to be Cannabisland USA, to make money growing bud? Market is probably already fairly saturated, and as you readily admit your not an expert.

Stay local, enjoy the company of your dog, and make a REAL plan for the future. I'm not saying don't follow your dreams, but if you really wanna move to Cali and make a go of it, your going to need a lot more planning, and a wheelbarrow full of cash

Just my thoughts, anyway

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
DOOD ...California will chew you up and spit you out so fast and your Momma want be able to identify you.
Welcome to the jungle GRASSHOPPER
Good Luck

T

theJointedOne

not too get off topic but i wanted to adress the cartel thing one more time for sftu

dude, im sorry but why would the cartels grow herb up here? if anything you can assume its mobb/gang hiring illegals to work the op. They found an mexican grower just walking aimlessly lost on my highway, i live in a rural area, he admitted to growing and showed them a 35,000 plant op on a hill just off the highway a few miles. Its was a setup paid for by rich white people. There is a reason they use people who cant speak english and eat tortillas, beans and other foods often found in latin culture...so it looks like a mexicartel thing...hahah and then the DeA and homeland security can justify all the bumbaclott stuff they try to pull. imo

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
If you decide to move, wherever you go remember what Let's Go Travel books say.

Lay out all of your stuff on your bed, including all your trip money.
Now, get rid of half the stuff and take twice the money.

You are way undercapitalized! To set up an indoor would take less and you still would need 10k. Land doesn't go for a G and acre anywhere but maybe North Dakota???

What are you good at? Follow lifes ambitions...If it really is to grow, then go for it, but you will probably be looking more at being someone's bitch, if you can find someone who wants to be your pimp. And even then, you are going to be the cannon fodder.

It makes more sense to just move to a med state, anyone you like (read the med law first), where you will be able to find employment. Then caress your skills with time. Unless you are already a master gardener of other plants, you face a steep, steep learning curve. You will be competing against people that have been growing for 5,10,15,25+ years, and others that have advanced degrees in agriculture.

Some people end up doing this because it is their fate, others do it because chance landed them there, and others just do it for the money (and they'll leave as soon as the money is gone).

There is probably a greater ambition in your life than JUST growing pot.

T

Tr33

19? serious
stop dreaming.
tough lov kid
1000 will get you to Cali
live and learn a little
you are going to need at least 5g
to do your move correctly
and another 5 to start your grow.
reality check little one...

not being mean, just Real.
open your eyes a little,
clean the glare off of the glass.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
not too many mexican cartels, mostly rich white dudes hiring mexi farm labour.

cartel thing is a myth imo, they can grow it in mexico for pinner compared to here

i will say you should just do guerilla and try to get 5 pounds. not much at all, 10 plants at half a pound would do that.

then you start with that if you want

good luck

Its exagerrated but no myth, they are definately out there. im also on a gun owners forum, and there was a story about a hunter and his son somewhere up in shasta county. they were just getting out of their truck when ZAP the son gets shot by AK47 fire and is killed.

the cartels are definately out there they are the ones growing on forest land, etc, but yeah some are just migrant workers. and if i did an outdoor grow i would definately build a little camp with tortillas and tapatia sauce everywhere lol...

Latest posts

Latest posts