What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Humboldt county rent land ?

mrmycelium420

do you think there are people out there willing to rent a acre or two pretty cheap out there im in ny and would love to get out there but I have no 1 or anything out there looking for general direction please I am 19 and only have a G to my name and would like to make a change:tiphat:

Hey bro, be forewarned: you're probably going to have some dudes come in this thread and be mean to you under the guise of helpfulness in order to boost their self-esteem. You see this in most threads in which the OP admits vulnerability on the internet, unfortunately.

To the meat of your question: you're not getting land in humboldt with a G, brother. California is extremely expensive. A G wouldn't get you a deposit.

I appreciate the willingness to take an adventure without a ton of resources. But Humboldt ain't your ticket brother; at least not a tent and an acre. Maybe if you detail your situation a bit more, with interests, goals, ambitions, etc., we can provide you with some wisdom.

WasntMe

A plan with renewable income is what you need.

a $1000 unfortunately is not much money... as stated above. Sure, you can live like a king in Cambodia with a G but it will cost you more then that to get out there.

Jobs are tight now too and most people aren't hiring vagrant campers.

You need to keep your expenses dirt low and work where you can to save up more money.

Unless you can find a commune encampment like the "Rainbow Family of Living Light" somewhere in the area to stay with for awhile. (Great Nature Hippies to share granola and go hiking with by the way. Met a few extremely hot/cool Brazilian hippie girls when I camped with RF for a month in Costa Rica.) I'm not sure if Humboldt has any RF camps .. or any others like that.

mrmycelium420

Hey bro, be forewarned: you're probably going to have some dudes come in this thread and be mean to you under the guise of helpfulness in order to boost their self-esteem. You see this in most threads in which the OP admits vulnerability on the internet, unfortunately.

To the meat of your question: you're not getting land in humboldt with a G, brother. California is extremely expensive. A G wouldn't get you a deposit.

I appreciate the willingness to take an adventure without a ton of resources. But Humboldt ain't your ticket brother; at least not a tent and an acre. Maybe if you detail your situation a bit more, with interests, goals, ambitions, etc., we can provide you with some wisdom.
thanks for informing me I wasnt really sure what to expect but my goals are bassicly to hopefully get a job out there not far from my spot maybe even just get out there and learn without my own farm and save up money I have only done bedroom grows and I admit I know didley squat but I really want to learn im not looking to get rich just live comftorable and be able to help people out someday. I was hoping that maybe someone would give me a chunk of there land on rent for a cheap amount every month but hell I am 19 and may sound redicolous but fuck I want to get out there oh and sorry about the run ons :freezing:

R

Rysam

You only live once, Go for it. Something will turn up.

If you fail, fuck it you got a good story.

but leave the dog at home for the journey, its easier to feed one mouth when it gets rough..

mrmycelium420

Thanks wasnt me I appreciate but I I havent heard good things about those "camps" though, heard shit gets weird and weird fast although I am a kid that hits a lot of fests and furthur the rainbow fam kinda scares me=)

thanks for informing me I wasnt really sure what to expect but my goals are bassicly to hopefully get a job out there not far from my spot maybe even just get out there and learn without my own farm and save up money I have only done bedroom grows and I admit I know didley squat but I really want to learn im not looking to get rich just live comftorable and be able to help people out someday. I was hoping that maybe someone would give me a chunk of there land on rent for a cheap amount every month but hell I am 19 and may sound redicolous but fuck I want to get out there oh and sorry about the run ons :freezing:

What do you want to do professionally? Do you want to go to college? Trade school? Being a full-time cannabis farmer is an incredibly risky, stressful, unpredictable, and IMHO crappy lifestyle for 99% of the people who try it. More specifically: it is a crappy lifestyle for 99.9999999% of aspiring full-timers who start with less than 30K+ to get the ball rolling.

Even the big-time successful guys here (lazyman, krunchbubble, et al) have to live with constant stress of a bust, or a jack. Krunch has been raided and admits it keeps him up some nights, for example.

If you love cannabis, fine. Move to a cannabis friendly state where you won't fuck your life up via bust (felonies are not fun). But counting on your grows for rent is no way for a man to live IMHO. Maybe you disagree, and if so, I can't really offer you advice because we have different world views.

I would think hard about what you want to do professionally. Maybe get a roommate off craigslist in a cheaper part of the country with more jobs and medical cannabis (Colorado is nice), wait a year for in-state tuition, then get your learn on.

I share your desire to escape, but I wouldn't come to Humboldt broke and vulnerable with no direction. Being a career drug dealer is a shitty, shitty existence for almost everyone who tries, and can ruin your love for the plant.

Two pennies.

WasntMe

i never camped with them in the states, only international .... i hear it's a little different. the lack of money really narrows your more straight forward options.

are you any good at blackjack? haha

U4ic

Thanks wasnt me I appreciate but I I havent heard good things about those "camps" though, heard shit gets weird and weird fast although I am a kid that hits a lot of fests and furthur the rainbow fam kinda scares me=)

Ya I had a few run ins with the RF, none good...... Want some good reading check out RF on usenet. There nothing but drama.. Though if someone had a bunch of land renting out small plots could make some good money....

WasntMe

Ya I had a few run ins with the RF, none good...... Want some good reading check out RF on usenet. There nothing but drama.. Though if someone had a bunch of land renting out small plots could make some good money....

sounds like the makings of a funny thread. If taken with a grain of salt the RF people I met were a lot of fun. ... anyways, mrmycelium420 good luck with your adventure. I hope you find something that makes sense for you.

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
Try craigslist theres a guy with 20+ acres but he wants 16k up front + deposit. I'd go with Ore or washington (both are med) isn't so bad you can get acreage cheap, well cheaper than Cali. Good luck finding something in Humboldt for that budget. I'd try an agent or two before i give up. :tiphat:

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
tried finding something to rent last year for MONTHS..

ended up getting acreage instead. rental rates for farmers can be quite crazy unless you find a understanding LL.

my advice to you would be to get more funds and do more research before trying to uproot.

mrmycelium420

yeah I have some really funny RF stories actually including but not only a guiy named "just chillen" who talks like a gay guy and goes around fests with this huge jelly fish thing he floats up and down threw the crowd its like purple and pink lol also a girl named flower who is 14 and has hairy legs and dread locks and a dog named blue who will show you a good time for a ride to NC lol

G

Ganja D

Here's some advise. Think and be realistic and smart. I first dreamed of moving to Humboldt County when I was 14 or 15 and just started growing. I made it after over 13 years of figuring life out,hustling,and working my ass off..
Life is trail and error. You try things,when it doesn't work,you learn from it.
With big things like drastic life changes you need to make e a realistic plan and take your time. Usually when people rush they do things wrong.
Good luck.

T

theJointedOne

and be safe whatever you do.

even norcal locals get fucked with

i had a shitty summer b/c of this. Got some land with out being familiar with neighbors, and such. Got fucked. invested a lot. Still Fucked.

so be careful

also have fun. i disagree with one of the posts above. Herb is here for us and sharing and growing is part of it, somebody has to bring the tree to the people, why not go for it

heed ganjaD's advice as well. usually dramatic changes and plans are best made in time.

Bless