What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Humboldt county rent land ?

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
When i made a post about moving to Cali everyone was Flaming me.. I posted the strains i was gonna grow.. again everyone in cali said thats not going to cut it.. blah blah
I didn't listen... thank god
Im okay My stuff is wanted here and everything will work out fine But I have been growing since young and this is the only thing I think about besides pussy lol
All the best.
You'd be surprise how many in cali don't know how to grow proper flowers so some times a risk is an experience and if you never take any you will never make it anywhere good.

Live and Learn man
BTW im in California and live in a few acres :) life is fucking bomb.. youf freeze your ass off out where im at tho... lol

zenoonez

Veteran
Its exagerrated but no myth, they are definately out there. im also on a gun owners forum, and there was a story about a hunter and his son somewhere up in shasta county. they were just getting out of their truck when ZAP the son gets shot by AK47 fire and is killed.

I got fams in Shasta and I heard about that. Bad shit. Seen some bad shit done on public use lands too. Sad to see. Really, no one do it, its a shame what damage can be done.

OP, go get a shit job doing shit work and save your money. You can't get shit on a stick for a grand. Get 10-15 together and find some friends in the state who can get you a hookup on a property or rental. Eat ramen, make tortillas, eat vienna sausages with mustard, harvest some green and get your 15 grand back plus a little living money. Go from there. Outdoor sounds good but its a bitch, a lot of work to do it well and then you won't get shit for it because you will harvest at the same time as 10,000 other guys pulling gardens ten times your size. I would go indo but thats just me. Oh, and I am not trying to be an ass, I am telling you its not going to be easy and that as it stands you don't have a snowball's chance in hell unless you have some connections you haven't tapped yet like a couch to crash on for 6 months and a guy who is going to find you a job or sell you land cheap. I was thinking about moving out there, wish I could, no reason to do it unless you can do it right. Instead I will be taking a job out of country, building a bank roll, and if and when I do move to a medical state it probably wont be Cali unless I find that my connections can do better than the land tickets I have been offered so far. Good luck bro but if you are any good at school keep doing that even if you do move here.

Tela

there is NO way you will survive in Cali with 1000 bucks unless you can get plugged into a farm job right away working 4 another grower for a salary. Problem for you is, getting the job working for someone else. Its all about connections. Same problem in most industries. Good luck

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
this article was just released today...they are releasing warnings to hunters about running into illegal grows this outdoor season...

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/01/24/3346197/california-hunters-at-risk-from.html#storylink=omni_popular

Hunters beware: California's public lands are threatened by more and more illegal marijuana growing operations, with armed crews toting powerful weaponry.

That message Sunday during the 24th International Sportsmen's Exposition at Cal Expo came from a law enforcement panel that included state game wardens, a wildlife advocate and a Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement task force commander.

The Mexican drug networks have turned largely to California and its Mediterranean climate for their operations that now supply much of the country with the weed, the panelists said.

As a result, those operations are an increasing threat to outdoor enthusiasts, sportsmen and women and any other passers-by who might not recognize the danger signals of trash, irrigation equipment and stream diversions, they said.

In addition, the illicit growers use fertilizers for plant growth and chemicals to kill any animals, large or small, that typically inhabit the area. Runoff, in turn, pollutes nearby streams and can affect sources of downstream drinking water.

Nancy Foley, chief of the Law Enforcement Division for the state Department of Fish and Game, called illegal marijuana cultivation "the No. 1 destroyer of habitat in the United States."

State Fish and Game Warden Lt. John Nores Jr., co- author of a new book, "War in the Woods – Combating the Marijuana Cartels on America's Public Lands," agreed with that sentiment and said the problems go well beyond public safety.

"We are talking about the degradation of California resources in the most pristine areas in a most egregious fashion," Nores said.

Nores, based in Santa Clara, Santa Cruz and San Benito counties, was joined by the book's co-author and panel moderator James Swan, along with other law enforcement officers and a wildlife advocate.

Nores is a featured warden on the new National Geographic Channel reality show, "Wild Justice." Swan is a co-executive producer.

Swan said that marijuana plant confiscations from illegal growing operations nearly trebled in a three-year period between 2006 and 2009.

The Bee reported in 2009 that marijuana operations that year occurred in 40 of the state's 58 counties and exceeded the state of Washington's contraband eightfold.

That year, the Campaign Against Marijuana Planting, a California task force of nine state and federal agencies, reported a 1.1 million-plant increase over 2008.

"It gets worse every year," said Richard Camps, task force commander for the state attorney general's Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement.

More than 50 people attended the session. When asked if they were concerned about stumbling onto an illegal marijuana farm, a majority of hunters raised their hands.

The advice: Use a Global Positioning System device to note the location, withdraw from the area avoiding confrontation if possible, and then call and report the find to local law enforcement agencies in the area.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/01/24/3346197/california-hunters-at-risk-from.html#ixzz1CDE8IdEQ

there wasnt any specific incidents, but there was another member on my gun forum who was accosted by cartel growers when he accidently stumbled into their plot. pretty scary shit.....these guys are ALWAYS armed.

T

theJointedOne

'Nancy Foley, chief of the Law Enforcement Division for the state Department of Fish and Game, called illegal marijuana cultivation "the No. 1 destroyer of habitat in the United States." '

yeah right....ummm deforestation....ummm polluting rivers with toxic shit daily, nuclear waste....yeah right. thats almost like a birther story or something..i cant believe i just read that...whoa..im seriously thinking about writing that bitch a letter

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yea their statements were definately on some fear mongering but its kinda true in certain parts of CA. people are scared to even go hiking or hunting, rivers are definately getting poisoned by these guerilla idiots who dont know how to respect nature. how fuckin hard is it to NOT throw your nute cans into a stream, that shit makes growers look so bad. these cartel growers camping out with guns is some scary shit....everytime i go camping up north we are strapped to the teeth, i carry the ar15 and 6 magazines and my glock and my brother carries the m14 and my friends will also carry themselves....never know what you are gonna run into....have you guys seen NatGeo the DFG guys get all special forced up LOL....they look like a recon team from vietnam. but they definately found a few cartel grows, and in one of them the illegal growers were packing 9mm pistols.

David762

Hey IGROWMYOWN, got a link?

Hey IGROWMYOWN, got a link?

Try craigslist theres a guy with 20+ acres but he wants 16k up front + deposit. I'd go with Ore or washington (both are med) isn't so bad you can get acreage cheap, well cheaper than Cali. Good luck finding something in Humboldt for that budget. I'd try an agent or two before i give up. :tiphat:

I could almost manage a deal like that, and I am in CA right now. Not to diss Oregon or Washington, but their climates aren't as nice as NorCal. PM me if you have the link, and I'll check it out ... :tiphat:

David762

I can vouch for what [etncrew] says ...

I can vouch for what [etncrew] says ...

I don't know why you'd even consider moving to what an area that's considered to be Cannabisland USA, to make money growing bud? Market is probably already fairly saturated, and as you readily admit your not an expert.

Stay local, enjoy the company of your dog, and make a REAL plan for the future. I'm not saying don't follow your dreams, but if you really wanna move to Cali and make a go of it, your going to need a lot more planning, and a wheelbarrow full of cash

Just my thoughts, anyway

I can vouch for what [etncrew] says ... I'm new to Cali myself, and I'm wishing I had had a better plan to begin with. :)

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
I could almost manage a deal like that, and I am in CA right now. Not to diss Oregon or Washington, but their climates aren't as nice as NorCal. PM me if you have the link, and I'll check it out ... :tiphat:

Yeah i actually re-read the ad its in Lake co. I'll pm it to you the the climates sure but you can buy acreage up there with owner terms for under 20k and im not talking 1 or two acres of desert land ( I live in So cal) Im talking 5-12 acres of decent forest Land. Sure you could buy .96 of an acre in Trinity pines or .54 of an acre in humboldt i guess.Pm sent:plant grow:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
saw 10 acre mining claims selling for 2 grand out in el dorado/nevada county....you dont own the land you only own the mining rights...but it says you can build a "temporary" housing place. and i highly doubt DFG is gonna be coming around making sure no ones living on each parcel.

but yeah im seeing some nice 10-20 acre parcels scattered around the place selling for under 100k. im sure with 10-20k down and monthly payment you could make something happen.

i just feel like the locals will know whats up and maybe try to rip you off. i might just buy some land but not do any big outdoor grows on it...just run a dozen 200 gallon smartpots and call it a season.

theres land ads for sale with quotes like "Perfect for growing! southern exposure, etc etc"....its like I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GONNA BE DOING!

David762

A hearty laugh, along with some deja vu ...

A hearty laugh, along with some deja vu ...

saw 10 acre mining claims selling for 2 grand out in el dorado/nevada county....you dont own the land you only own the mining rights...but it says you can build a "temporary" housing place. and i highly doubt DFG is gonna be coming around making sure no ones living on each parcel.

That's pretty funny -- deja vu, even. When I lived in NorCal in the '50's and '60's, my father partnered with a couple of buddies to lease an old, played out gold mine in the Sierra foothills beyond Grass Valley and Rough-and-Ready. As a youngster, I was involved enough to help drill blasting bore holes, handle dynamite, run a ball mill, and operate a sluice box. IIRC, the shanty shack we stayed in was an uninsulated 10 x 14 foot clapboard mousetrap. :tiphat:

but yeah im seeing some nice 10-20 acre parcels scattered around the place selling for under 100k. im sure with 10-20k down and monthly payment you could make something happen.

i just feel like the locals will know whats up and maybe try to rip you off. i might just buy some land but not do any big outdoor grows on it...just run a dozen 200 gallon smartpots and call it a season.

theres land ads for sale with quotes like "Perfect for growing! southern exposure, etc etc"....its like I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GONNA BE DOING!

Yeah! And I cannot tell you how many house rentals found on craigslist and located in the "Green Triangle" include clauses that say: "No pot growing allowed". There's 2 sides to that coin of the realm. :tiphat:

Diego

Whats up man? I am willing to bet that most of these guys are from Los Angeles, or North of there. Then half of them probably don't grow or grow a small amount. San Diego is the last of the gold mine and you can still get a reasonable amount for your grow here and there is a lot of jobs. You would probably want to quit smoking for a while until you are atleast done with a couple of your grows and get a job as soon as possible, however your dream is still possible here. Up north the market is washed out, most of the guys that own med clubs here are from Oakland and San Francisco and really are kind of cocky. Imo. If you have a dream go for it man. The funny thing about California is that most of these guys keep there product here and don't make anything atleast North of San Francisco. The money to be made is no longer in California for the most part, but there are lax laws that would make it possible to grow some weed and move it somewhere else. You just got to be willing to drive it to another state. It's not as hard as somebody will tell you it is.

Latest posts

Latest posts