What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Human Shit is good Fertiliser

Dog Star

Veteran
As long as people keep clinging to sad conspiracy theories no actual progress will ever be made. When you acknowledge facts and reality it is much easier to make your voice heard. There has been amazing progress in the Fukushima clean-up, because instead of listening to assholes like you telling them that the world is doomed because of what happened, they constantly focused on how to improve their efforts. There will always be worthless assholes trying to s*** on everything, the key to human survival is making sure those assholes don't represent the majority of the population.

And again your American government is responsible for this disaster just as much as anyone in Japan, if you are really so passionate about change go out there and make it happen be the change that you want to see, instead of crying about it and posting YouTube links if these people on YouTube really are as credible as you think they are then back them up do some research and give them some ammo.

Am not American nor American goverment is mine goverment...

where you get impression am American??

This is thread about Human Shit,its no weird you protect further
shitting of a planet cause you are typical govern-mental drived asshole.. :biggrin:

White Beard

As long as people keep clinging to sad conspiracy theories no actual progress will ever be made. When you acknowledge facts and reality it is much easier to make your voice heard. There has been amazing progress in the Fukushima clean-up, because instead of listening to assholes like you telling them that the world is doomed because of what happened, they constantly focused on how to improve their efforts. There will always be worthless assholes trying to s*** on everything, the key to human survival is making sure those assholes don't represent the majority of the population.

And again your American government is responsible for this disaster just as much as anyone in Japan, if you are really so passionate about change go out there and make it happen be the change that you want to see, instead of crying about it and posting YouTube links if these people on YouTube really are as credible as you think they are then back them up do some research and give them some ammo.
First, let me congratulate DVB for a penetrating look at the value of YouTube! :tiphat:

I’ve been keeping up with “news” from Fukushima since it happened, and I can tell you that the situation there is very much unchanged. They still have removed none of the rods from the cooling pits, they still have poor to zero video from inside the reactor buildings, because they still don’t have robots that can survive the radiation levels around the cores.

Oh, the cores? No idea. They were able to rig up a camera onto a long pole fixed to a robot, so they were able to get a brief view of one of the containment vessels, where the core *should* have been, and the bottom had been eaten out. The cores are not contained, they are not even located.

There seems to be no progress on the “frozen moat” idea, which is hardly surprising. Underground water continues to flow through the ruined reactor basements on its way to the ocean, and after storing vast quantities of untreated water “for decontamination”, the current plan seems to be to just dump it in the ocean, too.

In short, they’re doing nothing about it, hoping they won’t personally get in trouble, and hoping no one will find out that they don’t have any good ideas at all about how to contain the situation.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
THE SHIT MIX

It has begun (yesterday)

25% Human Shit (1/2 Gallon)
25% EWC (1/2 Gallon)
50% Recycled Pro-Mix (1 Gallon)

To explain, I was doing renovations and had no toilet for a month so used a bucket in the garage. During that time this thread was created. Now I have been growing for 2 years, and for the most part everything has been a failure and I have nothing to loose with an experiment like this, and it is my opportunity for once to give back to the community.

I will let it cook for 1 month. I will use a 3G pot and plant a clone (in 16OZ cup) directly into it and VEG for about a month before flip. There are about 20 worms in there to feed and break everything down. It will be a side by side with the same clone also in just pro mix being fed pure blend pro, as well as my organic soil mix. So it will be an interesting side by side.

Sorry no pics of the shit, I was mixing it outside without phone and couldn't be bothered. But you will get pics every other week!

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
PaulieWaulie, whats the glyphosate (roundup/weedkillers) situation like in Canadian agriculture?

Lol all of our non organic grains and cereals are loaded with it, i dont know if plants will grow in american "midnight soil".

S

Sertaiz

wow that is scary stuff for the fish we eat.i have seen tuna belly that is glowing in the dark after being cut for bait.

so where are the cores?

Dog Star

Veteran
They breaked thru 7 meters of reinforced beton thru melting as core burns around
5000 C temperature.. there is 3 cores and they weight 60,70 and 90 tonnes..
they go deep under reactors and underground water that comes from inland goes
over them and goes directly to Pacific constant poisioning life,water and seaweeds..

Pacific shores of North America are devastated if we talk sea life... there was late years
lot of die offs and weird signs in nature,trees on Canadian shore is also very affected,
they tested also inland in Colorado there shows higher radiation activity..

diary products,fish,crabs,seaweeds,shrooms are ones that shows fast signs..

problem is humans are on top of a food chain so all those little planktons that
catched radiation particles will eat fish,smaller fish are eated by bigger ones
and then further this goes acumulation starts to have more serious impact
as meat,diary and fish will poison our bodies in the end..

Mine country is in EU but i readed before few days and it was on tely later that
child cancers growed 20% in just 2-3 years.. that is how statistics say..

also important data is that kids and elders will be affected first since their body
easier absorb radionuclides,elders cause their DNA is harder to repair and
radiation made mutations and cancers on a place where particle nests in body..

T

Teddybrae

Worms love human shit. Why not. Humans are at the top of the food chain. There's is the best poo.
One of my sons grew a giant Sativa on 20 litres of fresh shit in sandy soil.
Thanks for helping develop this thread!

THE SHIT MIX

It has begun (yesterday)

25% Human Shit (1/2 Gallon)
25% EWC (1/2 Gallon)
50% Recycled Pro-Mix (1 Gallon)

To explain, I was doing renovations and had no toilet for a month so used a bucket in the garage. During that time this thread was created. Now I have been growing for 2 years, and for the most part everything has been a failure and I have nothing to loose with an experiment like this, and it is my opportunity for once to give back to the community.

I will let it cook for 1 month. I will use a 3G pot and plant a clone (in 16OZ cup) directly into it and VEG for about a month before flip. There are about 20 worms in there to feed and break everything down. It will be a side by side with the same clone also in just pro mix being fed pure blend pro, as well as my organic soil mix. So it will be an interesting side by side.

Sorry no pics of the shit, I was mixing it outside without phone and couldn't be bothered. But you will get pics every other week!

I feel like the best way to use biosolids would be to fertilize a field that produces some sort of useful crop. Like alfalfa or comfrey. Then compost said alfalfa or comfrey. Now thats something I would consider using. The biggest issue being modern diets full of pharmaceuticals who knows what else. Now if you could find a little off grid village somewhere like Vietnam where thier diet is still pretty " normal" that would be ideal. Or maybe a little hippie commune up in the Humboldt hills somewhere. That would be some good shit.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Worms love human shit. Why not. Humans are at the top of the food chain. There's is the best poo.
One of my sons grew a giant Sativa on 20 litres of fresh shit in sandy soil.
Thanks for helping develop this thread!
most likely has already been discussed ,

but the main thing with human waste is it needs to be properly composted first ,
its got some nasty stuff in it ,

a quote from article linked below the quote ,,

He explains that the main difference between human waste and livestock manure is that human waste contains pathogenic organisms and heavy metals such as arsenic, cadmium, chromium, lead, selenium and mercury in sewage sludge. These potentially dangerous substances are not found in livestock manure.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...-human-waste--livestock-manure-271866411.html

White Beard

Literal sewerage, as you say, is a real (*ahem*) shit-show, but that doesn’t come out of human bodies, there’s tons of foulness that get dumped down the drain, much of which would kill a person long before they could evacuate it....

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Here in the uk, it seems that the shit ( or sludge, as they call it ) is mostly treated and recycled back into the agricultural industry as fertiliser-

https://www.water.org.uk/about-water-uk/wastewater

My farming friend surprised me with talk of spraying for Seven Trent, the local water company. Apparently he has been doing it years.

Spraying, not spreading.

We would undeniably make good fertiliser, but it's the K (maybe P) we take with us that we are really worth recycling for. We lock lots in our bones, and don't have a limitless supply of the stuff.

You know, if they told everybody our waste was going on what they eat, it might reduce what gets wrongly flushed. It's one thing some sociopath pouring evil in the ocean, but another thing pouring it on your own dinner. We could invent some advertising slogans.

Your little turds are the best hope for our future.

Sounds like parents evening

Dog Star

Veteran
most likely has already been discussed ,

but the main thing with human waste is it needs to be properly composted first ,
its got some nasty stuff in it ,

a quote from article linked below the quote ,,

He explains that the main difference between human waste and livestock manure is that human waste contains pathogenic organisms and heavy metals such as arsenic, cadmium, chromium, lead, selenium and mercury in sewage sludge. These potentially dangerous substances are not found in livestock manure.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...-human-waste--livestock-manure-271866411.html

:huggg: Thanx Donald for your reply... am telling people that
human shit is not good for agriculture but you cant explain them
much since it falls most on deaf ears...

But then again i will not be the one that smoke "shitty" weed so
let them made experiments and we will laugh in a back stage.. :biggrin: LOL

Old agro rule tells us that cat,dogs and humans excrements are not good and suitable for healthy organic agriculture.. people need to observe nature and nature will give the best answer back..

But they never asked self,i guess.. what animal produce best manure??!

Cause of that they dont know primar basics knowledge for proper organic gardening praxis.. and since they dont understand then there is a chance they made their own health on worst...

was try in beggining of thread to give some info but people
dont give a "shit" for what i told them.. now experiment goes
even more interesting cause we have live people like laboratory
rats and they will taste their own ignorance..

Take a popcorn,some good chair and observe... observation is
a father of knowledge.. lot of learn here.. :biggrin:

White Beard

There’s a great deal of difference between being realistic about natural processes and our role in them, and being squeamish about ideas in spite of merit.

I first encountered the idea of human fertilizer when I moved to Germany in ‘72, where the farmer next door would get up early every day, and spray this awful-smelling stuff on his fields. Over time, came to learn that he and his wife kept and aged their ‘night soil’ out back for some time, then into the sprayers....

As a modern American, this offended me in ways I had trouble looking at, almost all coming from, well, potty-training. I learned over time that this has been the way of farmers and shit the world over.

These days we use products, not *waste products*, ‘cause gardeners don’t think of manure as waste, it’s just ready to use, or it’s not. Where our own is concerned, we get weird...but we might want to consider how many tons of human shit pile up in one day, and how much water we’re polluting to get it away from us. This is a really bad plan and it will break down.

I think we can dispense with the ridiculous notion that we’re talking about using one’s garden for a toilet, because we don’t handle ANY manure in that fashion, and if real septic source contamination occurs we test for it and catch it - at least until the GOP makes it illegal to test for shit on veggies.

If anyone has a definitive scientific verdict on the role/value of human manure in agriculture, I’d like to know about it.

igrowone

Veteran
well, not quite the same, but close
anyone notice what el paso has been doing with its water? i.e. sewer water
getting 'recycled', that's right, back into the water mains
it's processed to the quality it needs to be, should be perfectly healthful
delightful no?

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There’s a great deal of difference between being realistic about natural processes and our role in them, and being squeamish about ideas in spite of merit.

I first encountered the idea of human fertilizer when I moved to Germany in ‘72, where the farmer next door would get up early every day, and spray this awful-smelling stuff on his fields. Over time, came to learn that he and his wife kept and aged their ‘night soil’ out back for some time, then into the sprayers....

As a modern American, this offended me in ways I had trouble looking at, almost all coming from, well, potty-training. I learned over time that this has been the way of farmers and shit the world over.

These days we use products, not *waste products*, ‘cause gardeners don’t think of manure as waste, it’s just ready to use, or it’s not. Where our own is concerned, we get weird...but we might want to consider how many tons of human shit pile up in one day, and how much water we’re polluting to get it away from us. This is a really bad plan and it will break down.

I think we can dispense with the ridiculous notion that we’re talking about using one’s garden for a toilet, because we don’t handle ANY manure in that fashion, and if real septic source contamination occurs we test for it and catch it - at least until the GOP makes it illegal to test for shit on veggies.

If anyone has a definitive scientific verdict on the role/value of human manure in agriculture, I’d like to know about it.

If it is awful smelling, it is awful and if you are smelling it then bad bacteria is entering you. There are I'm sure intelligent ways to use shit but putrefying and spraying is not one of them. A farmer with any integrity will either aerate, compost or properly ferment their crap prior to use; individual craps in the field excluded.

It is like the putrid dairy manure sludge sprayed on many fields. Disgusting and wasteful.

Dirt Bag

It is like the putrid dairy manure sludge sprayed on many fields. Disgusting and wasteful.

Disgusting? Absolutely. Wasteful? It is waste... Free waste at that. Besides, it grows the best damned sweet corn on earth! What would you recommend farmers do with it?

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Disgusting? Absolutely. Wasteful? It is waste... Free waste at that. Besides, it grows the best damned sweet corn on earth! What would you recommend farmers do with it?

I already said. Just read. I was a farmer.

Is it just me or do alot of these threads turn confrontational...yeah I just made up a word. It is what it is but it seems strange for a weed forum. Joint any1?

Latest posts

Latest posts