What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HUMAN ASHES AS FERTILIZER ! !

kaze420

Ya sounds good
use for fertilizers
of course to most im sure you to, ashes are of high sentimental value,remember good times sorry for your loss man.

I put a pinch of my brothers ashes in the medium from time to time - tomatoes too. It's great to share it with his friends.

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
What a heart warming wonderful story. We have my Grandfather ashes in a cardboard box in my closet. We where not very close to him he was rather abrasive, but he had a warm spot in that dark heart somewhere so he seats in my closet and and is closer to the family now then he has ever been before. We know he would be smiling down or maybe up and be laughing at how thing's turn out.

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
:rasta:

February 2011, Oh my God, it's another year already. Each one goes a little quicker and each one's passing scares me a bit more.

Had a few rough spots this year, but the glow you've left me with has always helped see me through. And even though your grandsons are grown men now, I still see how they think of you and try to emulate you. The best parts of them, remind me of you.

Your loving son, Pipedream

Oseh sholom bimromov, hu ya'aseh sholom olaynu, v'al kol yisroel; vimru Omein.

(May he who makes peace in heaven, bring peace to the whole world, Amen)

W

wiseone

Very nice. A well written piece that shows your love and respect for your father without going overboard.
I never had a dad. Was raised by my grandmother from birth but your description of your dad describes her to a tee. And now I need to step away. Thinking of her always makes me cry.

DO IT!

I've already asked my family to do the same...I don't want to be buried in the ground or put in a jar..use me as ferts for a really really good sativa and then smoke me up

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Soylent Gweed.......

btw, if cops find human remains in an outdoor garden you can bet yer silly ass they'll be lookin' inside too.

crazybear

Cool box to put your Father's ashes in! I also want to be cremated, hell just put me in a cardboard box in jeans & t-shirt & cremate me & grow some weed with me!

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran

February 2012 - Wow, and yet another year has come and gone.

I'll be 60 this year Dad, can you imagine that?

I always thought that by the time one reaches this stage in life they would be emotionally well prepared to deal with the loss of loved ones. I figured that since they could almost see their own end slowly approaching, that there would be some type of natural support to help them accept what has to happen to the generation that came before them. But with Mom just turning 97 and her health slipping, I often feel like a small child, knowing that a great loss is just ahead that I will have great difficulty dealing with, just as I still do yours. Maybe if you guys didn’t love me so much things would be easier. (I jest, of course)

I looked at my wedding pictures the other day. It was 1973 and you were just over 60 at that time, almost the same age I am now. It’s kind of funny, but whenever I think of you, it’s that stage of your life that I visualize you in. And now, here “I” am. I wonder if there is some sort of cosmic meaning to all this, or am I just looking and hoping for one?

mrcreosote

Veteran
Hey Pipedream...

A big Mazel Tov for keeping your Dad's memory alive with grace and humor.

You know he would love his temporary resting spot because those who appreciate the absurdity of life tend to the irreverent anyway.

As to fertilizer...
In the end that's all we will be, no matter how we are packaged. The bonds of affection and the memories they create are what will live.

Yasher Ko'ach and Shalom.*

* I'm not Jewish but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
i want to be cremated and added to a bunch of houseplants (that are hard to kill) and given out at my service.

You cant kill me!

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
yes ive done this before...

take 3 parts peat, 2 parts perlite, 4 parts human ashes, 2 parts ewc, and a cup of lime.....works well on 200 gal containers.......lol make sure to stock up on those ashes, lol

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just bury me 6 to 8 feet under not in a coffin and then plant a weed garden right on top of me a few years later and then I can return the favor to cannabis that cannabis does for me.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wouldn't mind ending up as nutrients for weed. I wouldn't care at that point, but it would be a nice symbolic gesture.

I dated a goth chick in Georgia once who was interested in using blood for fertilizer. Not dried blood meal, but her blood and my blood. I probably wouldn't have said no, but things didn't get that far. I guess that would be one way to save a few bucks on organic nutes.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
We literally are stardust, and billion year old carbon.

No reason to slow the process, id want to expedite my rebirth.

Think if you were a dinosaur, died in a swamp, turned into oil and left in the ground for 150 million years, only to get pumped up and turned into... i dont know... a plastic tampon applicator.... to be used once, and thrown into the trash, never to be decomposed (and change form again).

FUCK THAT NOISE.

Maybe i should be added to my worm farm, and then use that to fertilize the houseplants...

woolybear

Veteran

February 2012 - Wow, and yet another year has come and gone.

I'll be 60 this year Dad, can you imagine that?

I always thought that by the time one reaches this stage in life they would be emotionally well prepared to deal with the loss of loved ones. I figured that since they could almost see their own end slowly approaching, that there would be some type of natural support to help them accept what has to happen to the generation that came before them. But with Mom just turning 97 and her health slipping, I often feel like a small child, knowing that a great loss is just ahead that I will have great difficulty dealing with, just as I still do yours. Maybe if you guys didn’t love me so much things would be easier. (I jest, of course)

I looked at my wedding pictures the other day. It was 1973 and you were just over 60 at that time, almost the same age I am now. It’s kind of funny, but whenever I think of you, it’s that stage of your life that I visualize you in. And now, here “I” am. I wonder if there is some sort of cosmic meaning to all this, or am I just looking and hoping for one?

pretty crazy man. 1973 was a long time ago. 97 is a lot of years... healthy living?

recently went to an estate sale of an old jewish guy that died. no hydro quopment for sale. a bunch of old dusty shit