What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Huey's Hangout

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
Hi :wave:

Starting this journal to keep track of what I am doing, have done or what I need to do. I also hope to learn from others and share my experiences growing this fine plant.

Currently I have a few things going on but for now I am going to start with my vegging plants that are up and coming.

I first need to make a note that I applied a .1% Brassinolide foliar spray to all vegging plants including cuttings on Jun 6 next application Jun 20

All vegging plants are fed an EC1.7 - 1.9 pH 5.7 - 5.9 temp 70 -82f and humidity 55%
Here is a group pic of some Strawberry Cough from Hazeman, Doc's OG from RareDankness,818 Headband from Cali Connections and some misc seedlings that are just vegging of coarse, lol

Took cuttings of Animal Cookies from BC Bud but cant recall the date taken. Should root by end of the week.
Also cuttings from The White on June 7
Temp 83f and Humidity 100%

Couple of pics of the Animal Cookie mothers that are just about ready to flower. Two females that look very similar. Not sure how long they have been vegging. I should have taken notes.

Big day tomorrow. GSC needs a reservoir change and I need some bho for the bones.
Peace and love to all
BayBHuey

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
Hello self lol

well it has been two days since last pic and look at these seedlings go :yoinks:

Update: Animal Cookie cuttings have rooted. Took +/- 14days. Need transplanting.

Had to get that golden honey for the bones. Got 8g per 1/4oz of trim.

Moved Animal Cookies to flower feeding 50/50 grow/bloom 1 week.
Need to transplant seedlings and cuttings.
Need to get progress of Green Crack.
I think that is all for now.

BayBHuey

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
Okay, it is day 28 / week 5 for Green Crack. She looks good, could use a little more cal/mag perhaps.

Day 40 / week 6 for GSC, pretty

Also moved Animal Cookies to flower 6/13.
Transplanted clones to coco.
Still need to transplant seedlings.
Need to take cuttings of 818 Headband.

BayBHuey

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
Have not had much time to work on my to do list etc. I have spent the last few days studying and learning about hormones and specifically triacontanol.

Things in progress:
I have transplanted clones and partially done transplanting seedlings. Have a few more to finish up.

Took clones of the 818 and Ghost Train #1. White cuttings starting to root and will need transplant in a few days. Also need to take cuttings of the Platinum Cookies for hydro.
Completed:
Changed reservoir today 2ml A/B and 6ml booster =.8ec pH 5.7

Will update more when time permits,

BayBHuey

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
Hey tleaf jr. is in da house :wave:

whats up tleaf nice to have you along. Anything you would like to know feel free to ask.

Well I have been busy busy busy. I finally had a chance to transplant a mixture of seedlings purchased from *** and Seedbay.
I had to place them in 1gal pots from 16oz cups instead of 3gal pots because I ran out of coco. I prefer to use the Canna coco over the others I can purchase in my area even though it is more expensive.
I tried the cheaper brand of coco and had yellow plants so i'd rather spend a little more.
For nutrients I like to use Botanicare CNS17 for its simplicity without the a/b mixing. Also CNS17 is suppose to have extra cal/mag when using reverse osmosis water.
They have been placed under 2 T5 Badboys, total of 16 lamps (6500k) 864w.

The strains transplanted include :
Strawberry Cough from Hazeman
Doc's OG from RareDankness
818 Headband from Cali Connections
Tangilope from DNA Genetics fem freebie
Critical Hog from TH Seeds fem freebie
Cheese from Dinafem Seeds fem freebie

Here is a some GSC at 46 days

Some Green Crack at 35 days

Well I need to note that the White clones have rooted and I transplanted what I could due to lack of coco.
Still need to take clones
Changed from Platinum Cookies to Green Crack for hydro run.
Switching to Botanicare Ripe for final stage for the Green Crack as she is fast.

I am sure there is more to do but gotta run.

BayBHuey

Last edited by a moderator:

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
I am so pissed :cuss: cause I got the letter saying my Gage Green order has been seized. 2 packs of Grape Stomper, a pack of Talisman and a pack of Oaktree. I cant beleive they were seized. Fortunately they still had a few packs in stock minus the Oaktree so hopefully this shipment will make it thru.

The Calcium Chloride and Magnesium Chloride arrived today for my little project using Triacontanol. :woohoo:
I am going to try and mix up a batch of 10ppm tria and 200ppm of CaCl2 tomorrow for a foliar application to see if I can improve flower production, budsets and overall yield.

Changed reservoir with plain water for the GSC for their final flush. pH was 6.4
Took clones of the Green Crack which I think now is Purple Crack.
Finally completed transplanting White clones and Ghost Train #1
Need to transplant teenagers for flowering.

BayBHuey

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
First I would like to make a correction on my honey oil return from the other day. I said I got 8g from a 1/4oz of trim
but it was an ounce of trim. I am sure I was medicated when posting so sorry for the typo.

On another note. I had time to mix the triacontanol I have been reading about for the past couple weeks. I mixed the
tria first by weighing out .105g of tria. This is the desired amount to achieve a 25ppm mixture of tria to 1gal. I then measured
50ml of acetone and added the .105g of tria and began to stir for a few seconds. I then placed the beaker containing the
acetone/tria mixture into a hot pot of water at a temp of 195f. I chose 195f because the melting point of tria is 188f and
I wanted to feel comfortable that I have completely dissolved the tria for the smallest particle size. I left the beaker
in the 195f water stirring constantly until I saw the tria had dissolved and the acetone was clear. I had to lift the
beaker in and out of the water to see if the tria melted because the acetone was boiling and it was difficult to see.
I then removed the beaker to let cool to room temperature. Once the mixture had cooled I mixed it to 1gal of r/o water that
contained 200ppm of Calcium Chloride or CaCl2 and mixed for a minute or so.
You can see in the third pic that the acetone is clear after heating and then cloudy in the 4th pic after cooling

I really should do a side by side test to see the differences with and without but I really have not had the time so
hopefully I will be able to later.

cont...

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca

well I was gonna post a few pics of the plants after they were sprayed but for some reason i cant upload so I will do it tomorrow.

Until then :smokeit:

BayBHuey

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

I am super interested to see if you can actually get the tri into a useable state for the plants. in all my reading in using the powdered chemical form, they have tried a lot of different solvents, including the acetone and have not had success. I however read that a application of alfalfa meal tea contains natural tria and can be either foliarly applied or drenched. you can even use it as a top mulch. the tea smells like horse poop though.

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
Forgot to mention yesterday that the tria mixture had also been adjusted to a pH higher than 8.0 to a pH8.3.
I read a pH above 8 is important for the tria mixture but I also read a pH of 10.0 so I chose 8.0 for a starting point.

Hey DoubleDDsNuggs, yeah I am curious too to see what happens. I hope I was able to get the tria dissolved properly.
I believe I did but I am no chemist. I read thru many patents, formulations and posts from other users that gave me the idea for this starting point.
Yeah it is true about alfalfa but I wanted to play with higher concentrations of tria at this point. I may try the alfalfa one day when I have more time.
Great point about alfalfa by the way :tiphat:

Hi evoleno, Brassinolide is a water soluable plant hormone / steroid that gives the plant a nice boost.
I have used it twice now and like what I see. It will definately be in my toolbox.
First pic is the day sprayed and next is 18 days later.

Wazzup Able Mind, unregistered190 thanks and nice to have you.

I have been thinking since I made and applied the foliar spray of tria. I am thinking now that I should have started with a
1ppm concentration rather than the 25ppm I chose and applied. I based this 25ppm starting point from the mbferts 19pg guide on tria.
Other users have found tria to be effective at 1ppm on cannabis, so I will try that later once I have more time to see their results.

Pics of the gals and clones sprayed with tria 6/25

To do list:
Transplant mothers and verified females of Strawberry Cough and 818 Headband.
Other than that it looks like I will have some free time but stuff always comes up.

BayBHuey

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

the issue wasn't getting it to dissolve correctly which it looks as if you have, but the issue was if the tria was even usable to the plants. here's a thread where the poster explains it well: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=276451

it also says that tria comes out as a wax when you dissolve it. I thought the cloudy was right on but now I could be wrong.

another thought is that maybe alfalfa extract would be beneficial but I haven't looked into this much.

alfalfa on the other hand creates a natural tria that is proven to work. there are many threads talking about getting tria from alfalfa and special tea recipes. I'm thinking that is your easiest, safest, and proven option. you're gonna smoke this afterwards right?

Last edited:
D

DoubleDDsNuggs

also, if you're looking for amazing results with growth, try Nitrozime. you will see results in hours on sad looking plants and growth spurts on your healthy gals. greens them right up and I swear, each fan leaf is pointed up towards the light praising it in some unhuman way. its $75 for a big bottle but you only use I tiny tiny bit and it's best applied foliarly.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
very interesting about the tria :thinking: time to do some reading., everything looking good in here next post could you make the pics bigger ?

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
Hey DoubleD,
Lol, that is the thread that inspired me to investigate triacontanol further.
That thread points out that using surfactants such as polysorbate 20 inhibits the intake of the tria causing it to not be as effective.
Thats my whole purpose is to improve what tria can do for me hence the need for acetone and the like to divert from using polysorbate 20.
As far as being cloudy, I think that isnt a problem cause the tria was cloudy with the polysorbate 20 after cooiling as well.
And basically I just replicated the same process but using acetone. I made sure the tria dissolved. I read that the cloud that remains is the
remnants of the wax but the tria has been released into tiny particles during the melting process. I could be full of it, but right now I feel
comfortable with what I have done. But if someone has the knowledge please share.

Yes alfalfa is great and it contains tria, but honestly I have a whole Kilo of the stuff. Had no idea you only need a pinch and I was told
it has a shelf life of 2 years so I am going to use the stuff up while I can. And I am sure Nitrozime is great stuff. I read to use Maxi-crop
which is very similar the day after spraying the hormones. So its a win win.

Hi tleaf jr.,
How you doing buddy, yes tria is very interesting reading. I have learned a bunch. But so far from the two hormones (tria and brassinolide)
I have tried, I would go with the Brassinolide hands down. But perhaps the tria was not utilized properly. Time will tell. And yeah, no problem on the pics.
I just need to learn how.

Okay now, today has been an easy day but tomorrow is a big one. Harvest day for the GSC, other than that not much to do.

Want to post some pics to compare with later.
Space Candy from TGA and Bay 11 from Grand Daddy Purple
picture.php

Here is a pic of the clones sprayed with tria 2 days later. Not as impressive as Brassinolide at this point.
picture.php

A few shots of Green Crack. Two phenos, Left Crack and Right Crack day 43
picture.php

picture.php

Finally a pic of the Animal Cokies day 15. Showing some leaf curl. I believe it is from using a larger pot and it is being over watered.
picture.php

I will try and get some pics tomorrow but I hate getting everything sticky.

BayBHuey

evoleno

How old are the plants in those pictures?

They look VERY healthy! Do you think most of that is contributed to the conditions you're providing the plants or the hormone?
Hi evoleno, Brassinolide is a water soluable plant hormone / steroid that gives the plant a nice boost.
I have used it twice now and like what I see. It will definately be in my toolbox.
First pic is the day sprayed and next is 18 days later.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=54272&pictureid=1266673&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=54676&pictureid=1276587&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
Persons with impaired respiratory function, airway diseases and conditions such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis, may incur further disability if excessive concentrations of particulate are inhaled.

Avoid generating dust, particularly clouds of dust in a confined or unventilated space as dusts may form an explosive mixture with air, and any source of ignition, i.e. flame or spark, will cause fire or explosion. Dust clouds generated by the fine grinding of the solid are a particular hazard; accumulations of fine dust may burn rapidly and fiercely if ignited. Combustion products include: carbon monoxide (CO), carbon dioxide (CO2), other pyrolysis products typical of burning organic material.
http://datasheets.scbt.com/sc-205411.pdf
oughta be a real blast when ya smoke it!
:laughing:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts