What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HTFSE(high terpene full spectrum extract)

Delcoextracts

Hi y'all I'm new to the forum but have always came and looked up info. I'm extremely interested in this tech. Iv spent countless hrs reading and gathering what info I can. I'm ready to do my first run but I'd love to just pick someone's brain who knows this tech to make sure I'm heading in the right direction b4 I just waste a lb of material. ThNks a ton

Old Gold

Apply your theories and it shouldn't be wasteful. If you don't get results you like, clean it up afterwards with something like alcohol, or re-extract with butane, propane, pentane etc and try again or purge it like you normally do.

Most of us have "wasted" material in trials before. I know how it can be when material is scarce though.

Delcoextracts

I know it's all trial and error. Your right I could always re dissolve and try again. Thanks for the positive feedback I appreciate it and if your willing to chat a lil more about it out of public view I'm always down for that too lol . Thanks again

CJTheScholar

This platform seems way too useful to not join and contribute to- I have some almost 6 month old material that a friend was able to spawn separation/nucleation in, and in doing so he inspired me to push past my hydrocarbon hesitations once and for all. All of my previous CLS dabbling has lacked dry ice and proper temps/no distilling tane and would produce decent amounts of clear/stable shatter. After doing extensive research what I gather is that gas/column temps need to be subzero (around -22C I hear) throughout a single pass in attempt to fully dewax, depending on the system a full dewax may require running it through the system more than once to clean it further. I say this because it is also important to mention my friend achieved separation with very inexpensive equipment from BestValueVacs, and mentioned running stuff through again when it comes out not dewaxed enough. After passing through a sub zero system and packed filter stacks, the end product is to be vaccuum purged "Slow and Low" at between 5-25 Celsius depending on issues of viscosity untill desired ppm is reached? From my understanding nucleation will naturally occur in a deep vessel under these circumstances after about 2-3 days when the extract is under around 1500 ppm (extractioneering). Just not sure if I'm missing something here, and also wanted to put what I've gathered so far all together for all those who'll come after me. I hear people talking about winterizing methods, yadda yadda and it's hard to distinguish the bare minimum needed for separation and to understand why fully- but I suspect/know not as much equipment is needed as one might think, the buddy who achieved separation always stands by it's not the equipment, but rather how you use it. Peace Love and Posotivity from Humboldt County California, lets try and get ideas out there and push the point age forward :) lots of trial and error to come

You are fricking right. Sounds like a terp infused bubble. Triple dipped terp rips are the tastiest, although kinda pricey due to the cost of Cannabis derived terpenes.:tiphat:

Who says they are using cannabis derived terps? Maybe they are simply food grade? How would you/anyone know the difference?

dybert

Who says they are using cannabis derived terps? Maybe they are simply food grade? How would you/anyone know the difference?

You can ALWAYS tell.

This is because cannabis derived terps are NOT just terps. They are full of flavinoids, aldehydes, etc in addition to the terps.

"Food grade" terps, even in ratios the plant has, don't smell like the plant. The terpenes are NOT the only thing that makes cannabis smell and taste like cannabis. In fact, its only 1 piece of the much larger puzzle.

Delcoextracts

They are not adding any terps back into it. After more and more studying and chit chatting im starting to realize it's very easy to over look the process.

frazierk

I have played around with this a little bit and do not have the process perfected like many have. However I have had some success placing the oil into a mason jar straight out of the collection vessel and tightening a lid on it to create pressure. Sometimes I purge it a bit with the lid off first. other times I have to open the lid to vent off excess pressure and start purging once separation crystallization has begun.

DL1943

i think the separation is not all that is involved in making this extract. any really terpy extract can separate like this, it is described pretty plainly by pangea in the crystalizing thca thread.

from what i have been reading strict temp control is needed. needs to be very cold, but to cold and some of the terps and other cannabis bimoloecules may get trapped in the dewax

Ganja420love

Dabgrow i said live resin because its the closest consistent comparison. I have made cured nug bho that looks like live resin and is terpy like it too. I am just agreeing with some others in this thread that "HTFSE" is nothing special other than a name. Terpenes are awesome but they can harm your lung tissue and aggravate your sinuses when they get way to concentrated. All i am saying is that this industry is full of people trying to sell $20\g (or less) to produce extracts for $80-100. Thats greed and that sucks. Also, if you need to add terps to anything but distillate than your either starting with inferior material or your tech is messed up.
Dont believe the hype! Get some prime nugs and make your own bho and then you can sell it to your homies as HTFSE for a huge , then they can tell their friends how terpy your "full spectrum" is! Create sexy package and your off and running!
If i have missed something here please correct me. I work for a very large collective and see the wholesale prices for this shit and then the corresponding markup. It makes me hate the industry that sucked me dry until i learned how to make my own extracts.
Can you please email me?? sky_night_moon75@yahoo.com

Latest posts

Latest posts