What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HP Stadium

N

Neptune

that is pretty crazy man, I have never heard of LK causing hermies, but alas...!! I use LK on just about every plant that touches dirt, from veg through bloom, outdoor and in and have never ran into any hermies period. I totally understand that a complex organic mix would be pretty labor intensive on your scale, and looking at it now it sounds like a silly suggestion hehe ;)

gotta keep it simple and go with tried and true when you are Northern Farmer, up north in the northern northlands. ^_^

G

:muahaha:

With the LK being the only link between our problems I don't know where else to look.

Of course there is the crazy odds that this happened to us because of two separate issues but the coincidence that never before identical problems springing up like this far outweighs the possibility.

K

kokua

Northern Farmer said:
:muahaha:

With the LK being the only link between our problems I don't know where else to look.

Of course there is the crazy odds that this happened to us because of two separate issues but the coincidence that never before identical problems springing up like this far outweighs the possibility.

crazier things have happened though...you would agree.

That would be the easy answer NF...but rarely are things this easy to diagnose :joint:

I have used LK for the last 3 years from seed to harvest and have never seen adverse results. Every plant in my gallery has been given LK at some point in its life, if not all the way through.

I hate this for you man, seeds suck! I just wanted to chime in and give my +support for LK. I know that putting the onus on the LK is easy, because it is the most visable common link between your grown and your friends grow. And this is the first time you have both used LK...it sounds suspicious I agree, I just don't think it is the one to blame.

Andy Dufresne said:
It wasn't me...said the one armed man.

Last edited:

Murphle

This stadium idea looks more and more appealing, the more i read and see. Someday when I have more space. Have to stick w/ my mini-cab until then

mr cheese

Northern Farmer said:
I can't say I have. I don't see the point really.

I'm just going through some BS from an organic product I used as an additive right now. My rooms have hermied and seeded as well as a friend who used the same product.

I may have to abort this mission in the next week. Too bad, things were looking real nice. :badday:

hi ya norther farmer! just been reading ur thread and firstly let me congratulate you on a very fine set-up! secondly wat a bitch about the hermies!
you know you say u and ur mate got herms after using this product? well are you both growing the same strain? it might be the strain rather than the product u used, how soon after using did you notice ur plants herming? was ur mates the same time fram? same time in flower ect ect?
its just i find it hard to belive a product not intended to self poll a plant would couse this but hey stranger things have happend i suppose.

right thats enuf doom n gloom me thinks! lol lets get back to more productive topic! i do like your system but i have one observation, if you was to put shelves at either end of the room aswell as the sides youd use the bulbs sooo much efficently plus youd add around a 1/3 to ur overall yeild.
they way ur bulbs are hung now the light from the side of the bulbs just gets wasted, its just hitting/blocking each other.
dont get me wrong im not slagging off your system far from it, top quality mate, its just im a perfectionist and always looking to find ways of uttilizing those precious lumens.

im an avid vertical grower myself, based in the uk, i built my own 72 site vertical cage using 6inc sewer tee-pices using 4 600 hps in a giant 5 ft cool tube.
heres a couple of \pics, ill start a thread shwoing it in more detale, just been having a look around the site 1st b4 i posted...anyways hope it all works out ok for ya n you dont have to scrap the grow! i know how that feels! ....all the best with it....mrc

p.s i hope u dont mind me posting pics, let me no n ill delete em....nice 1.... mrc

Last edited:
G

mr cheese said:
hi ya norther farmer! just been reading ur thread and firstly let me congratulate you on a very fine set-up! secondly wat a bitch about the hermies!
you know you say u and ur mate got herms after using this product? well are you both growing the same strain? it might be the strain rather than the product u used, how soon after using did you notice ur plants herming? was ur mates the same time fram? same time in flower ect ect?
its just i find it hard to belive a product not intended to self poll a plant would couse this but hey stranger things have happend i suppose.

right thats enuf doom n gloom me thinks! lol lets get back to more productive topic! i do like your system but i have one observation, if you was to put shelves at either end of the room aswell as the sides youd use the bulbs sooo much efficently plus youd add around a 1/3 to ur overall yeild.
they way ur bulbs are hung now the light from the side of the bulbs just gets wasted, its just hitting/blocking each other.
dont get me wrong im not slagging off your system far from it, top quality mate, its just im a perfectionist and always looking to find ways of uttilizing those precious lumens.

im an avid vertical grower myself, based in the uk, i built my own 72 site vertical cage using 6inc sewer tee-pices using 4 600 hps in a giant 5 ft cool tube.
heres a couple of \pics, ill start a thread shwoing it in more detale, just been having a look around the site 1st b4 i posted...anyways hope it all works out ok for ya n you dont have to scrap the grow! i know how that feels! ....all the best with it....mrc

p.s i hope u dont mind me posting pics, let me no n ill delete em....nice 1.... mrc

Hey, I don't mind you sharing your system ideas at all. In fact, verticals and wheels are prolly the only type of systems that use the light better than this style. I have had my eye on those systems for a little while now and I was even playing with a wheel today.

About the strains and hermies... We both share the Hash Plant clones and some of the Purple Kush but he has OG kush and I have Lemon Kush in our gardens and these have not been in each others rooms. Everything has hermied to one degree or another.

I don't see any other link besides the LK but I still have some doubts that it's the culprit. My water may be the problem and he totally stressed out his room so the possibility that we are coincidentally having the same problem is there. I'm starting to lean that way after talking to dozens of LK users.

Bonzo

Veteran
Unreal Northern Farmer! I could do that with my walk in closet with my existing two 2k's, just remove the hoods and im off and runnin, thanks for sharing this very inspiring thread!

peace and happy 4th! :jump:

bonz :wave:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

mariman

Thanks for sharing with us, Northern! I have been admiring the simplicity and efficiency of your setup!
:wave:

My last (and first) grow room: 2 1000w, air cooled, all kinds of ducting going here and there, timers, sealed room, air conditioner, co2. It was fun to set up but expensive and obviously unnecessary. Next time I will use your plans as a model.

I have a couple questions...have a lot....hope you dont mind:redface:

When you have a set up with 8 one thousand watters, 4 going at a time, how long do you keep this going at a location? Do you use a location for a while and then move the operation? I mean, thats a lot of watts, equalling quite a high electric bill. I tend to think that electric companies aren't looking for peeps with high bills and reporting them to LEO, but......four thousand watts 24/7? What are your thoughts/experience?

You have an exhaust fan pulling air from the carbon scrubber, what cfm do you use for each 4 1000w side, and do you have passive intake? Ever had heat problems in summer..ever need to use a/c? Do you keep the carbon scrubber/fan going with lights off? How about controlling temps in the winter?

What concentration of peters do you use for veg and what concentration for flower?

Keep it growing, you are a pro with beautiful plants that has opened some eyes! :wave:

M

G

mariman said:
Thanks for sharing with us, Northern! I have been admiring the simplicity and efficiency of your setup!
:wave:

My last (and first) grow room: 2 1000w, air cooled, all kinds of ducting going here and there, timers, sealed room, air conditioner, co2. It was fun to set up but expensive and obviously unnecessary. Next time I will use your plans as a model.

I have a couple questions...have a lot....hope you dont mind:redface:

When you have a set up with 8 one thousand watters, 4 going at a time, how long do you keep this going at a location? Do you use a location for a while and then move the operation? I mean, thats a lot of watts, equalling quite a high electric bill. I tend to think that electric companies aren't looking for peeps with high bills and reporting them to LEO, but......four thousand watts 24/7? What are your thoughts/experience?

You have an exhaust fan pulling air from the carbon scrubber, what cfm do you use for each 4 1000w side, and do you have passive intake? Ever had heat problems in summer..ever need to use a/c? Do you keep the carbon scrubber/fan going with lights off? How about controlling temps in the winter?

What concentration of peters do you use for veg and what concentration for flower?

Keep it growing, you are a pro with beautiful plants that has opened some eyes! :wave:

M

Well, I'm in BC Canada so power usage is not too big of a deal but things are changing in some communities with some new legislation passed where the community can request high usage accounts and then spring a safety inspection. The place is a no grow zone after that but it's not a search warrant or anything.

I find having 4kw of light on 24/7 is not a worry. I've run 9kw bulbs 24/7 and did have them re-check to see if the meter was wrong but once they realized it wasn't the meter and just a grow op they left it alone and I grew for a couple of years after that.

Welcome to BC. It's not the Hydro company you have to worry about. They can't legally call the police on you because of power usuage unless they suspect you are stealing power. There is a privacy protection law in place. Individual self righteous bastard meter readers who anonymously call the tipsters rat number are a dif story but they are few and far between unless they want someone stepping out of a bush with a ball bat one day and tuning them up on their route.

I like to use around 900 cfm on a thermostat. I force air in to the surrounding room/shop and let the chambers passively intake. There are variations of my set up at different locations. at one location I am running 8 ballasts on at once with both rooms dark during the day so I force air with a vortex into a "T" and split into the rooms.

As far as using Peters( when I have used it), I mix it to 1000 ppm during full flower and feed every second watering. Basically 6x 40 ml scoops in a 110L rezie.

I'm going to post a couple of pics of some plants later maybe. The room in this thread that was under construction is now at 6 weeks bud as of tomorrow. I've had some issues with hermies and seeds but it will pull through OK I think.

G

Hey Northern Farmer,

Killer thread like always. I was wondering if you got my pm or not? Keep up the great job and thanks for sharing the info.
Take care,
BG

G

GoldDustWomen said:
Hey Northern Farmer,

Killer thread like always. I was wondering if you got my pm or not? Keep up the great job and thanks for sharing the info.
Take care,
BG

No pm but I do see you've given me a positive comment in my rep.

Thanks a lot! :wave:

mariman

Thanks for the reply..........

"I like to use around 900 cfm on a thermostat. I force air in to the surrounding room/shop and let the chambers passively intake. There are variations of my set up at different locations. at one location I am running 8 ballasts on at once with both rooms dark during the day so I force air with a vortex into a "T" and split into the rooms."

You have air forced directly into the rooms with the "T" and vortex? Must not have worries about odor?

Is it best to exhaust out of the room with a fan/carbon filter/thermostat and have passive intakes when odor control is very important. What is the best set-up when odor control is a priority?

Looking forward to more pics :D

M

G

mariman said:
Thanks for the reply..........

"I like to use around 900 cfm on a thermostat. I force air in to the surrounding room/shop and let the chambers passively intake. There are variations of my set up at different locations. at one location I am running 8 ballasts on at once with both rooms dark during the day so I force air with a vortex into a "T" and split into the rooms."

You have air forced directly into the rooms with the "T" and vortex? Must not have worries about odor?

Is it best to exhaust out of the room with a fan/carbon filter/thermostat and have passive intakes when odor control is very important. What is the best set-up when odor control is a priority?

Looking forward to more pics :D

M

Odor is not a problem at this particular place.

I have a Vortex on a can in each room removing air. I have 1 Vortex that is rated less split with a "T" into both rooms. I'm removing more than 2 X the amount of air in. You do not smell anything inside or out.

My last 2 set ups were out in the woods on very large acreage. I didn't use any kind of scent control.

The only time I worry about scent control is in the winter when the thermostats turn off my blowers. That's when I'm using passive intake.

G

Heres the pics I promised...

Lemon Kush side at 6 weeks. Very frosty and overwhelming with the scent of lemon.

My Hash Plant room. There are a couple of Northern Lights X Blueberry, Hog and God Bud in there on a test run.

mr cheese

looking good mf, hope you dont get to many seeds in their, you could always sell em, lol.
forgot to ask befor, you mention you split your lights via a relay so you use the ballast for both rooms, hows this done?
how do you wire up the 4 ballast to all 8 lights? i fort about doing this with my cage set-up but couldnt work out how to set it up, does the relay switch the ballast betwen lights automaticaly?.....cheers....mrc