What's new

How to spot quantum quackery

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Just for reference, that guy is a god botherer, I'd love to hear from an athiest on this as his belief pattern also alters his explanation. This is a prime example of quantum quackery.

The observation alters the arrival point, and this is what alters the results. If the arrival point measured is at the slits, it is not suprising that this gives a different result to the arrival point being on the screen after the slits, even when observing the pattern created by allowing that electron to continue its path to the screen. Please remember, the path of the electron is what is being measured by quantum mechanics, not the elctron itself. By measuring the path at the slit, you could equally block the slits, and fire a second electron from the measuring point, and get the same result as leaving both slits open. You have ended the quantum path and restarted it from that point, not measured it covertly.

Feel free to send my response onto him if you like. I'd be interested in eharing his response, though perhaps leave the god botherer comment out lol, no point in offending the guy.

sac beh

Feel free to send my response onto him if you like. I'd be interested in eharing his response, though perhaps leave the god botherer comment out lol, no point in offending the guy.

Lol... Leave the god botherer part in, that's the response I'm most interested in.