What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"How to Professionally Germinate Cannabis Seeds"

Dutchland

I just learned, keeping seeds in the fridge delays germination speed. I just ordered Archive's Valley Girl (SFV x F/O) which were fresh, and immediately popped 4 beans... in under 48 hrs all 4 had like 4" roots. Then after only a few weeks in the fridge, I am germinating the remaining 8 seeds and after 4 days in the paper towels only 3 of the 8 barely had 1" roots so far. I think next time I will try leaving the seeds out in room temps a couple days before germination.

xtsho

Here's my professional method. Straight into grow media. It's worked for decades.

germ4.jpg

521f4seedlings.jpg

GF-Z

Soak towel put it in zipbag, put those suckers on the heater and cook the s*** out of them. They will feel ass burnin' and explode like a popcorn from the shell. Bro science.
Remember when I was leaving Sweden and right before trip to Netherlands, I put those seeds from hermied stuff, did exactly same and put them on dashboard in the van. When I stopped in Germany for to take a rest 16~ hours later I saw half of them opening shells. Planted them in Germany, then went into Netherlands and they sprouted in Nijmegen.. Hilarious, but it worked. Sad all were hermies, but very nice stuff, wonder what was that..

acespicoli

🍿 🪑

Depends on what your cracking highly domestic seed is easy to crack
Wild type landrace cannabis seed can require scarification and or stratification.
Grow media can affect germination if its not sterile you may experience damping off from several pathogens.
Tap water is a great source of contamination as well as the seed you purchase, they contain molds fungus and virus...

If im spending 10-15 20$ dollars a seed im not playing im using sterilized fine vermiculite
a pre wash with peroxide and 3 washes with distilled water
Then into sterile soil mix custom...

Heat mat warm place humidity domes etc

Once the reproduction is done an you have more seed, throw it on top like birdseed and let the strong survive :ROFLMAO:

1694653158496.png

Was looking at a clone menu. they sell seed as well and found this it made me think of yall
I always think distilled in a shot glass on top the frige or water heater is a great start
24-48 hours tap root

Last edited: