What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tutorial How to Make Full Melt Dry Sift!!! photo essay

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
Hi Jump!!!
I believe Frenchy speaks of the Delta 9 THC after the THCA loses the carboxyl group.

Partial decarb with exposed heat + pressure.
For example,
Amazing buzz, a chunk of Hasish put into morning coffee,

jump117

Veteran
If you form your opinion before you understand the available science you end up making silly statements like Terpenes are not made in the resin heads. That is what I mean. I am not innocent, but I do really try to have opinions that agree with the available science, even if I have to modify my opinions, which I do when needed.
--
-SamS

If we assume that all terpenes are produced exclusively by disc cells, then we need to find an explanation for the smell of vegetating plants whose disc cells are not formed yet.

The rosette of gland cells where the terpenes are formed is the underside part of the resin heads and is just on top of the separating point so that you may have some leaking. Also the terpenes precursors may as well hold smell at that stage of their transformation.

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
The increase in potency has scientific backup, pressing with a source of heat activate the cannabinoids, the process is called decarboxylation.

I never heard of decarboxylating increasing potency. Simply just activates the cannabanoids and thca. Any resources? I've only known people to heat press with their fingers solely to make it more pliable for dabbing. Heating your sift will lose terpenes and potency from my understanding. Also, I remember Bubbleman on one of his posts on fb saying to not heat your hash because it disallows the waxes from coalescing during the cure.

theJointedOne

Veteran
my first sift attempt, i used a ounce or so of shake from the bottom of a turkey bag that had outdoor from last year in it...

got about a gram or so, probably less, it did melt, not clear dome, but it does melt nicely when flame is applied.

I think with some time/practice/better material, i should have some real full melt sift in no time!
you can see in my pic i have quite a bit of glandular stalks along with the bulbous heads, as well as some particulate matter
picture.php

Bubble man I hope you get this note I am a huge fan of your work I have been following your youtube channel for about a year now and I have to say I new nothing of full melt hash without solvents before you enlightened me I have your bags and have tasted the gift of the gods myself now. I joined this forum just too contact you and let you know you have inspired me like no one else hash making is my life now so thank you and hopefully you will send me a friend request so I can further my education massive props !!!!

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
If you want Bubbleman to read your message i'd probably message him on Youtube or Facebook.

I never heard of decarboxylating increasing potency. Simply just activates the cannabanoids and thca. Any resources? I've only known people to heat press with their fingers solely to make it more pliable for dabbing. Heating your sift will lose terpenes and potency from my understanding. Also, I remember Bubbleman on one of his posts on fb saying to not heat your hash because it disallows the waxes from coalescing during the cure.

Sorry Mr Tea, increasing potency was not the right choice of word, I meant that it activates the cannabinoids so that they can pass through the blood barrier and be felt at their full potential.

DSW I really thought that you would show up this week-end since the High Times Cup was in your backyard. It would have been nice to see more than pics of your dry sieve.
My offer still stand, I have trims ready whenever you are and my friend who do the Moroccan technique may even join us for the session. it will be fun to compare 3 techniques, I am putting together the test with SCLabs and will write an article for Skunk or Weed World on the whole process. We will also post the video on YouTube as well with some serious close up to keep you happy. You know how to contact me.

DSW I really thought that you would show up this week-end since the High Times Cup was in your backyard. It would have been nice to see more than pics of your dry sieve.
My offer still stand, I have trims ready whenever you are and my friend who do the Moroccan technique may even join us for the session. it will be fun to compare 3 techniques, I am putting together the test with SCLabs and will write an article for Skunk or Weed World on the whole process. We will also post the video on YouTube as well with some serious close up to keep you happy. You know how to contact me.

Shook your hand twice. Busy weekend for everyone. Not really the place to do a sift session lol.

Never offered to do it at the Cup since I work during those events, let's be real. On the other hand the fact that you didn't even bring some of your sieve to show and smoke is weird for a better word.
You were extremely rude, jumped a long line without introducing yourselves and did not offer any of your dry sieve. Strange to say the least!
I did not recognize you, I see thousands of dude looking just like you at every events.
Your approach was totally lame, you are supposed to be interested in comparing and showing the advantage of your technique or did I lost something in translation

This is all kinda of ridiculous guys, just breath a little bit.

Frenchy, please step down from that ledge your on and stop playing the under appreciated intellect card.

English may be your second language, but your control of grammar and vocabulary tell me that you can at least limit your posts to asking politely and using the words "hello, thanks, please, I think, I understand your point, etc."

And DSW, just let it go. You don't have to sit there and try to prove it to him, it's not your job, if that's his opinion, cool, just let it go.

cl0ud

Seriously, enough dick measuring. This shit is getting old. Grow the fuck up. Why do the mods even allow this type of BS to go on? Lock it up.

My apologies to all and to you DSW, just forget I ever asked you anything please.
Thank you!!!
I will just leave a last message here on Bubbleman thread since I most certainly will have the chance to do some session with him in the near future, a friend of his who was at the Cup passed down the invitation.
I just want to compare different techniques of dry sieve, Bubbleman carding technique is one of them, with traditional dry sieve techniques and ice water sieve, lab testing the unpressed resin for a total purity, cannabinoids and terpenes profile. I want also to press part of it and test the pressed and unpressed resin weekly for twelve weeks.
I am sorry I asked DSW, but if there is anybody in Cali that is interested to help me move this project onward please feel free to contact me directly.

Psuper

This seems like the wrong place for this discourse.....also, Frenchy, I think Sam said it perfectly earlier when he mentioned that the problem with your posts and the information you give/sell is that you present it as hard fact when it is just your opinion or sometimes even just your own made up vernacular.