What's new

How to keep hash oil liquid?

Mr.Jusper

Hi guys, im just about to make some moonrocks.My question is how can i keep hashoil liquid? I dont want too much oil on the buds, just enough to make it sticky for the kief enough.Any ideas appriciated.Thanks in advance!

led05

Chasing The Present
Hi guys, im just about to make some moonrocks.My question is how can i keep hashoil liquid? I dont want too much oil on the buds, just enough to make it sticky for the kief enough.Any ideas appriciated.Thanks in advance!
Leave a tiny bit ethanol behind… it’s not gonna hurt anyone

Mr.Jusper

Thanks for the quick reply mate, that was my first idea, i leave a bit of alcohol and with a syringe i carefully coat the buds. You think alcohol evaporates from it even after i coated the buds? So i would wait a day or so till alcohol is gone,and then roll it in kief. Or i can roll it straight in kief, and leave it dry, and alcohol will be gone still?

Mr.Jusper

Hi, thanks for answering. I checked it, very scientific explanation,thanks. My main concern was, that if its soaked in the bud, maybe it doesnt evaporate like if i just pour it on surface. But now already two of you says its ok, so i think im gonna give it a go! Cheers guys! Btw doesnt make alcohol worse taste/smell for the bud?

goingrey

Hi, thanks for answering. I checked it, very scientific explanation,thanks. My main concern was, that if its soaked in the bud, maybe it doesnt evaporate like if i just pour it on surface. But now already two of you says its ok, so i think im gonna give it a go! Cheers guys! Btw doesnt make alcohol worse taste/smell for the bud?
It will evaporate, maybe slower but still. You can speed that up with the heat. Don't let it get too hot or you'll lose some of the goods.

Ethanol smells and tastes bad for sure. If there's enough of it for the taste to cut through all that hash and bud, you really should evaporate it.

Snipp

I would just heat up the oil bit so it gets fluid ...
I use heat and pressure to decarboxylate my live rosin. This changes it to oil and makes it much more smoother to smoke or you can use it for edibles.
20211014_152640.jpg

Mr.Jusper

Thanks guys, very helpful community! Snipp: awesome pictures! I was thinking on pressing rosin as well, but i have trim leaves, which makes bad quality rosin. I have around 500g of trim left from my past few grows. So i will make kief from half of it, and hash oil from the other half, and make moonrocks.But maybe i will sacrifice some quality buds as well, and with a hair straightener make some rosin too.

Snipp

Are u extracting with solvents?
Then you can for example use a sringe filter to remove inpurities. Just push the solution through.
Or by solve it in 80-90% alcohol and freezing it for 20 hours, the fats and lipids are sinking on the ground and the upper part is thc and alcohol. You can remove it with a sringe, filter and dry it. You will have shatter , a quite pure thc isolate.
The rest on the ground is ideal for ointings or edibles ( still contains a bit thc ).

Mr.Jusper

Are u extracting with solvents?
Then you can for example use a sringe filter to remove inpurities. Just push the solution through.
Or by solve it in 80-90% alcohol and freezing it for 20 hours, the fats and lipids are sinking on the ground and the upper part is thc and alcohol. You can remove it with a sringe, filter and dry it. You will have shatter , a quite pure thc isolate.
The rest on the ground is ideal for ointings or edibles ( still contains a bit thc ).
Thanks so much. I will extract the oil with alcohol, make kief just by dry sifting, rosin just with a hair straightener What kind of yield can i expect? I made bubble hash several times, but first time with oil/shatter/rosin extraction. I have quite potent trim leaves,lot of crystals.

Snipp

Rosin with a hair straightener, I do not think it's worth it. That bit you get out... you need much more pressure and temperature control.
Solving in alcohol is much more efficient, depending on the purity. And never use alcohol with sugar in it when you want to smoke it. It will remain back and damage your lungs when burning

Easiest way is to pour the liquid a few times over the trim. Does not need much to solve the thc, too long will also solve chlorophyl and so on.
I use a tea filter

16598689354044365031092496841419.jpg

Snipp

I use surgical spirit instead of alcohol.
It s not as expensive as very pure ethanol, solves the thc within seconds and evaporates quickly and with near zero remains.