What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to Keep From Getting Busted Growing

Expat

All good tips folks, I'm pretty well covered apart from the fire extinguisher.
Oh well, off to Mitre10 in the morning. Lets see, what else do I need...?

~fvk~

the Lion is going Guerrilla...
It's not neg rep, it's neutral until the poster reaches a set post count.

Use alarm systems that notify you, not the police or anyone that will contact the heat.

whodi

Veteran
because some shady landlord could say you didnt pay that month. if you have a check you can get a copy of the check from the bank and show your statement for proof.

That's why you make sure you get a receipt from landlord after you pay.

lexxx

WTF?

WTF?

Hi All,
I must apologize to some of you. I was going along and adding to people's reps and much to my dismay, The comments are being registered as a disapproval rather than an approval although each one of them is being entered as approved. I thought that doing this was a nice way to send a personal comment about various posts without cluttering up the thread with them. Well.... I won't be adding to anyone's rep until I find out why they are being counted wrong. Sorry for any inconveinience this may have caused anyone.

Last edited:

idea

I am fairly computer literate but maybe we can get a network guru to come give us some better guidance and security ideas.

i am not a guru but i am a careful person, so here is how i did it.

this is an area that can get complex and is only really limited by your paranoia and willingnes to read and learn about networking. so if you are seriously interested i suggest you go to youtube and look up videos on basic networking topics like ip addresses, mac addresses, the osi networking model, routing, etc. then you can see if you want to learn more from books, vids, etc.

if you are computer literate you might check out virtual machines running linux distributions for your laptop/desktop. then wireless hacking so you can connect via someone else's wireless acess point. then learn how to make proxies and how to string them together, so you can disguise your ip over international bounderies. then vpns, tor, and go from there.

basically research network security on the legal side and blackhat hacking on the other side. learn how the real computer crooks stay out of jail (or more importantly how they get caught) and come up with your own system.

because some shady landlord could say you didnt pay that month. if you have a check you can get a copy of the check from the bank and show your statement for proof.

All money orders have copies of the transaction so you have a receipt on the spot. If the money order is banked or cashed, you can get proof of that from the Mo company or the Post Office. I use PO money orders because few are willing to mess with the Feds over ripping off a months rent from a renter....that is a rare happening..I am sure.

If you are paying your rent on time not many landlords are going to try and rip you off and risk charges.

So, Money orders are perfectly Ok to use and function just like a check...verifiable and with a receipt attached to the original to date and fill out as proof of payment. It has to be deposited somewhere, and that means a paper trail easily discovered. No worries.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
why do you say money orders arent good to use for rent?

Actually because paying for rent or utilities with cash or money orders is a common drug dealer/money laundering tactic. Savvy landlords (and cops) alike know this. Search this forum for another thread I posted with officers tips on how to spot both indoor and outdoors growers.

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
Damn, I was thinking about taking up a career as the "Reefer Madness" serial killer. I'll put a miniature of the movie poster in all my victims pockets, and then blame the entire thing on evil merryjewanna when they catch me. Of course I'd end up getting probation since everyone know that reefer drives you stark raving mad so I can't be held responsible. Then again they'll give me 20 years for the grow, so I guess your advice is spot on.

L

lysol

Don't be sketch, I knew a guy that put signs everyone like no smoking in this garage, heavy duty doors, was always asking "what the going rate for a lb is" and saying to everyone how he cant goto head shops cuz he had to lay low....

then he had his son's friends parents calling threatening cuz his kid got their kids high, only took a few months for him to sell to a narc

lexxx

Anyone have insight as to things LEO looks for? Anyone have info about air to ground surveillance? I know that a beaten trail in a "secluded" area stands out like a sore thumb. How about FLIR and Thermal imaging? Am I over-thinking this?

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Yes, click here http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=130582

Yes, you're overthinking it (if in the US.) FLIR is a tool used by cops when they already have a search warrant here, if they have a warrant to use FLIR you're already in bad shape and probably about to get your door kicked. Also, check out police chief magazine and search for marijuana, good articles there online.

FLIR cannot see through walls or buildings, they can only see heat, such as a hot exhaust.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Depends on the size of the op really, and the type of building. Different places have different risks, but post your concerns and we'll see if we can address them. Don't worry, we wont judge you based on medical or not, we all share the same love and want to help you make the most of your space.

minigreens

for my stealth micro grow the biggest issue is going to be SMELL. should i spring for a can filter or try a DIY one? i'm going to be running a s&p 100x mixvent fan (~130cfm)

i'm worried that i'll think i've achieved no smell from the grow but only gotten used to the stink.

lexxx

Carbon coupled with ozone works

Carbon coupled with ozone works

for my stealth micro grow the biggest issue is going to be SMELL. should i spring for a can filter or try a DIY one? i'm going to be running a s&p 100x mixvent fan (~130cfm)

i'm worried that i'll think i've achieved no smell from the grow but only gotten used to the stink.

Dont know how to make a carbon filter but they work great especially in conjunction with an ozone generator. Search for how to make an ozone generator out of a cheap mercury vapor yard lamp. Apparently when the glass cover portion of the bulb is broken and all other parts are left intact, the bulb produces large amounts of ozone. So much in fact that it is only necessary to fire it up for 5 minutes every hour or so. Search other forums or google for more info.

lexxx

Sometimes they don't need a warrant.....

Sometimes they don't need a warrant.....

Thermal Imaging

Devices are available that produce images of radiated or reflected surface energy in the thermal portion of the electromagnetic spectrum through the use of a nonintrusive electronic device. These devices have numerous uses for the law enforcement community. They can locate a fleeing fugitive or a missing child in a field in a matter of minutes instead of hours. Easy to use, easy to store, and easy to maintain, these imagers can literally mean the difference between life and death for a wandering senior citizen or a child in a snowstorm. Different styles are available for different applications, including a roof-mounted model, a handheld model, and a model that fits into a spotlight, with a monitor inside a patrol car.

Article goes on to discuss in exact detail more uses that will be of value to those on this thread. To read this informational published article, copy the above text and paste it into a google search.

Last edited:

the_man

If you just finished trimming and you let everything fall to the floor don't go walking thru your house. your tracking resin and smell everyware.

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
If you don't have a job, figure out a way not to sit at home all day reading ICMag and tending the garden. This pisses off your neighbors who work hard all day just to get pennies, while you replace your old Bentley every two months and never seem to leave. Or tell all of them that you work out of the house. There are various jobs that apply to this. Still don't stay holed up at home all day.

Also, if you are running a lab at a house you don't live in, set the lights, etc. on various timers and change it up every so often so that it looks lived in. Also, it helps if these places have a garage that you "park in all the time" because otherwise the car in the driveway only a few hours a week is a giveaway, too.

If you are living in a rental place, be sure to repair, replace anything that you modify before you leave. You don't want the landlord to tip off the cops and have them scope you out at the next spot. In addition, become a handyman and take care of your own shit at your house if you are renting, and let the landlord know that. They will love you for it. Don't build too much of a relationship with the landlord, but surely be friendly and contactable if they need you. Make sure that 24 hr notice clause is in the lease. Try to have a landlord that lives far away. Try to get a rental spot that is off the beaten path.

Don't grow near a fucking school!
Don't grow near a police station/sheriff's station!

Don't do anything that can get you popped for growing weed.
Make sure you don't grow on any month that your astrology sign says you'll have bad luck.

Adios, and be careful, folks. They're out to get you.

Latest posts

Latest posts