What's new

How to Keep From Getting Busted Growing

gabjaz

How much protection does a proxy service give? I have one but I'm still nervous visiting this site and posting... Which I would like to do more freely...The service is foxyproxy... Is that a good one?

Last edited:

cre8iv fuel

How much protection does a proxy service give? I have one but I'm still nervous visiting this site and posting... Which I would like to do more freely...The service is foxyproxy... Is that a good one?
Also interested. I tried a few free ones, but they didn't like this site, and I gave up. I wasn't tripping too much because I am not up to anything illegal, but still would like to know what the simplest, easiest, safest, and (last and least) cheapest priviacy/security technology is.

G

Guest50138

If you don't have a job, figure out a way not to sit at home all day reading ICMag and tending the garden. This pisses off your neighbors who work hard all day just to get pennies, while you replace your old Bentley every two months and never seem to leave. Or tell all of them that you work out of the house. There are various jobs that apply to this. Still don't stay holed up at home all day.
I agree with this one. I live in a small rural area, a mate of mine was doing some plumbing for a woman that lives 4 miles from me I have never meet or spoken to her ,yet she was able to tell my mate all sorts of things about me. small towns = gossip its important to to look as if you are there for a reason, have a cover!:)

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
Make sure your grow house always has a garage so you can pull in and unload supplies with out the watch of nosy neighbors or cops. Unloading anything in the open is fucking stupid. I live on a mountain. It looks like there is no one around. If i get out the binoculars out here I can see houses miles away quite clearly. Someone could always be watch just because there not around the corner don't mean they ain't there. The cops could sit a 1/2 mile away with some binoculars scope people out and they wouldn't even know it.

I think it's been mentioned and it may sound classist. Don't hang out with low class, redneck or ghetto people if you grow. Those kind of people cultivate trouble for themselves and it may rub off on you.

I know of a few busts lately. Turns out one was partners with a drunken red neck idiot who got drunk ,started a fight, cops followed him home and he had forgotten to turn on the ozone to cover up that days harvest. Cops smelled it 20 feet from the front door. Associating with morons got him busted.

Another grower I know of also got busted, he also hung out with serious white trash rednecks , one who was a meth dealer and the other a coke dealer. They got busted and then he got busted. Association with morons.

A well known grower who was a great contributor to this site had a meth head/ trailer trash family member stay over. Cousin got arrested and ratted them out.

Do not associate with people who have avoidable problems like drunks, meth heads , burn outs and trailer trash type people. Even if you don't grow, these kind of people leave a wake and will impact your life with their stupidity.

You read people post these stories and you think, really, your junkie cousin robbed you and you are surprised?

I second this. KEEP DRAMA IN YOUR LIFE AT A MINIMUM!!!

-
TB4U

LIFEISGOOD

Damn the Drama

Damn the Drama

KEEP DRAMA IN YOUR LIFE AT A MINIMUM!!!

-
TB4U[/quote]

AMEN to this, family and friends can fuk up your world without ever know what you are doing or meaning too...

Leave the drama to the movies.

dest

grow some really, really, really hot pepper plants outside your house or in your garden. Dry them out and use them as demon repellent.

I had a dozen Big Bud / NL growing. No problem until I went to flowering stage. About a week into flowering, one evening I get a loud, long knock on the front door at 8 PM. Nobody ever knocks at that hour where I live. I knew that none of my friends had dropped by. And the neighbors never knock. Now granted I did not peek through the blinds, because I didn't want to be spotted. However, I had a sixth sense, if you like. I just knew it was LEO.

I tore down. Hardest damn thing I've ever done was killing my babies. But in my state, I could lose everything and be sent to the slammer for years due to the fanaticism. The ignorant damn state government thinks mj = heroin.

Here is a tip on how to tear down fast and in a secure fashion. I took scissors and simply ripped each of the plants from the roots up into small pieces and then flushed them down the toilet.

Roots and soil got dumped in the back. Heard a helicopter flying overhead as I dumped the soil out in the back, but it was cloudy and I doubt they saw what I was doing.

My theory is that the smart power meter was being monitored for some reason. Well, I have ordered seeds to my grow location in the past, which I know is NO-NO, but I did not have any other option at the time. (The seeds arrived ok, and kudo's to Gypsy for that, but a big black military helicopter flew overhead about four days after the order, directly over my house, close enough to make the windows shake.) So I believe that I was flagged. A year later, when I began using 400 watts 12 hrs a day, it triggered a red flag. Not enough for a warrant but enough for a knock and talk. Scared the hell out of me.

Another theory I have is my ventilation fan was noisy and a neighbor knocked in order to complain about the noise. I do not think that is very likely, because I could only hear a dull humming noise, not loud, when I stepped outside. However, I would suggest to others to keep the noise down.

cre8iv fuel

zeeba that story is kind of scary. you really think they had a dog smell your seeds, deliver them anyway, then send a chopper to fly over your house?

est1977

False 911 calls: real or whatever; have been the downfall of many growers. 911 call: police come in ...no warrant needed. ( they figure...HEY!...you called us )
Lots of peeps have 911 speed dial...big mistake if growing.... hit the wrong button= house full of cops

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

bottomline: you have to stay below the radar

So True So True have personal experience with this one
:laughing:

Its_a_hobby

I had a dozen Big Bud / NL growing. No problem until I went to flowering stage. About a week into flowering, one evening I get a loud, long knock on the front door at 8 PM. Nobody ever knocks at that hour where I live. I knew that none of my friends had dropped by. And the neighbors never knock. Now granted I did not peek through the blinds, because I didn't want to be spotted. However, I had a sixth sense, if you like. I just knew it was LEO.

Was it Leo? Did they give you any problems?

HOVAH2.0

Ive been contacted by my peep in south wantin me to come back and start one up for em... should i or shouldnt i... please help... it could be a setup by po po force them to get me be home so they can lock me up!!! give advice please!!..

What's in it for you? Risk versus reward.
Sounds like it's going to be a big grow op, if they want to get you all the way down there to set it up.
Remember once you set foot in that house you are part of the criminal enterprise.
You need to ask yourself if the risks are worth the reward.
Also you don't know whats going on in their lives, they may be under surveillance by leo, you just don't know.
I would say let them do it themselves,after all they are the ones that will be making all the money from it.
Be careful who you associate with as being seen with other people who have been flagged can bring the heat down on you.
Recently I guy I know offered to introduce me to another guy who was a seller; I said no thanks, I'm not going near him. He had just before that got busted with half an oz and I didn't want to be seen talking to him.

HOVAH2.0

I came to CO because i wanted to be around a better set of people, not dope dealers, not coke dealers... the first time i F*ck with this guy something inside of me said no, but i did it anyway. the first grow we did was busted from other activities done by the partner, the only way i didnt get caught was plain LUCK! I think Im gonna follow your advice, Thankyou very much
I told him i was in Denver.co , will state police try and come after me if he starts talking? i already removed the battery from my phone, Paronoid now!

mowood3479

Veteran
dont hang out at the bars, stay away from junkies.. dont have any flash... cops hate it when u have more money than them...so do stick up kids.. basically live below ur means, save ur money n keep ur mouth shut. dont ever be the low hanging fruit...my two cents..

Applesauce

zeeba over here spreading fear about being flagged for a 400 watt light? Really? Maybe you should tell more of the story because thousands of people on this site and others order seeds to their door, and run high amounts of lighting. Blackhawks flying over your house days after your seed order? Are you living in a movie man?

mowood3479

Veteran
zeeba over here spreading fear about being flagged for a 400 watt light? Really? Maybe you should tell more of the story because thousands of people on this site and others order seeds to their door, and run high amounts of lighting. Blackhawks flying over your house days after your seed order? Are you living in a movie man?

I agree, get some perspective, they dont give a fuck about ur seed order or 400 watt grow... theyll bust u if they can but flying blackhawks over???? i doubt it
i may have been born at night but it wasnt last night