What's new

How to get max yield from trees?

icdog

So I should really educate myself on coco instead of going ebb flo hydro buckets? Is there a major benefit of coco? The ef buckets setup is really simple.

cody2white

ghost in training
Veteran
Yeah man cocos the shit I just bought a bag of canna coco and the plants that are in there are rockin out

BlueHaze

I did krusty style of growing but had alot of trouble. Switch over to coco and i started yielding. My best plant yield me 3 1/4.(pound) Dhf is more knowledgable than i. We exchanged alot of message over the years. Coco is very easy. Feed once a day and you pretty much on cruise control. Gh 6ml micro and 9ml bloom per gallon works awesome thru veg and bloom. Also Pure Blend pro at 10ml per gallon works. There is more but this is what work for me. Thanks megayields. I have switch to 8 plants per light less veg time and still averaging 1 gram per.

D

DHF

I did krusty style of growing but had alot of trouble. Switch over to coco and i started yielding. My best plant yield me 3 1/4.(pound) Dhf is more knowledgable than i. We exchanged alot of message over the years. Coco is very easy. Feed once a day and you pretty much on cruise control. Gh 6ml micro and 9ml bloom per gallon works awesome thru veg and bloom. Also Pure Blend pro at 10ml per gallon works. There is more but this is what work for me. Thanks megayields. I have switch to 8 plants per light less veg time and still averaging 1 gram per.
Simple.....babyshit.....Icdog....My ebb and flow buckets were bulletproof , but Coco dtw`s just as effective once dialed guaranteed.....I mean.....

Did you see what BH does with his shit ?......nuff said....Blue Haze style FTW with big plants....Bet on it....

Peace....DHF...:ying:....

angel4us

ICMag Donor
whatever system or medium you use your yeild will be increased by simply supercropping ???? where you crush inner plant wall in between nodal points. the plant actually heals itself and is stronger thanif it wern't broen/crushed/supercropped!!!!!!!

CoCo for sure. Plus when you hand feed your plants each day you will notice ANY problems like pm or bugs before they can become a real issue. Being active in the room every day as opposed to passive is key to good yields. Plus with low plant numbers, the amount of time you will spend feeding and inspecting for problems every day is insignificant compared to the benefit you will receive. Another advantage of hand feeding coco is that you can personally decide exactly how much water/nutes each individual plant gets on any given day based on your observations on how quick the plant is drinking. Each plant is an individual and should be fed exactly the amount of water and nutrients that it needs each day, never less, never more.

icdog

Does anyone have a good link for DTW? The search doesn't seem to yield any.

Angel I'm not convinced on the supercropping. I've accidentally done it many times and have not seen an increase in yield.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

D

DHF

Bro.....I`ll hook you up right now and you don`t haveta search another minute......

Get yas some #5 smartpots and as many blumat "maxi`s" as plants yas wanna run....

Build an elevated pedestal for a large enough rez ta sit on and feed all your plants as needed via gravity/pressure fed loopfield so yas can sit back and watch yer shit grow itself.......

Add a powerhead in said rez ta keep shit stirred and oxygenated ftw......then.....

Add dripclean @1ml per gal to prevent residual salt buildup and FUCK DTW......no need for runoff in coco anymore since dripclean has been found to eliminate the need for runoff by doing away with residual salt buildup that causes increased ppm`s and ph fluctuations back when I was runnin it.....

Coco`s pretty fukin simple these days compared ta when I was blazin a trail and wastin juice down the drain justa make sure my bitches stayed dialed.....anyways.....

Holler if I can help....DHF.....:ying:......

zeropercentthc

What would you all recommend using to support the plant in a tree grow? I was wondering about wire mesh fencing, but the largest spacing size I can find locally is 2"x4", and I'm guessing those holes will be too small for the branches. The only other option I know of is to tie up each branch to the ceiling with string.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Bro.....I`ll hook you up right now and you don`t haveta search another minute......

Get yas some #5 smartpots and as many blumat "maxi`s" as plants yas wanna run....

Build an elevated pedestal for a large enough rez ta sit on and feed all your plants as needed via gravity/pressure fed loopfield so yas can sit back and watch yer shit grow itself.......

Add a powerhead in said rez ta keep shit stirred and oxygenated ftw......then.....

Add dripclean @1ml per gal to prevent residual salt buildup and FUCK DTW......no need for runoff in coco anymore since dripclean has been found to eliminate the need for runoff by doing away with residual salt buildup that causes increased ppm`s and ph fluctuations back when I was runnin it.....

Coco`s pretty fukin simple these days compared ta when I was blazin a trail and wastin juice down the drain justa make sure my bitches stayed dialed.....anyways.....

Holler if I can help....DHF.....:ying:......

That's some kick ass advise right there!

If you want to take it to the next level, build yourself a dripper system and start feeding your plants 3x per day in veg and up to 5x per day in flower. The extra feeds give your plants a hell of a kick start and they explode in growth, the roots grow super fast too, the multi-feeds keep your PH levels stable, it flushes out your medium of unwanted salts, keeps your roots nice and warm, especially handy for this time of the year, and what I think is key, supplies your roots with fresh oxygen from the water suction. I've seen improvements all around from growing like this, the plants look far stronger and healthier, not to mention a big improvement in yield.

HGO

woolybear

Veteran

Add dripclean @1ml per gal to prevent residual salt buildup

hi dhf, big fan!

i saw the blumats in a local growshop. I'm wondering if they'll work with my 1-gal fabric pots. The answer is probably yes.

i'll have to jot this down to look up later, but the best place online to buy them?

ebay is like $80 for ten. guess a trip to the grow store is in order!

D

DHF

Yeah WB.....The blumats work fine in fabric pots like smartpots and knockoffs.....

The deck and patio kits come with 12 sensors and all the fittings and tubing to set em up.......

Sustainable village is a source for em online , so check out a few sites before goin to the hydro whores but maybe that`s easier for yas so whatever works for yas.....anyways......

Holler if I can help Bro....DHF.....:ying:......

woolybear

Veteran
Yeah WB.....The blumats work fine in fabric pots like smartpots and knockoffs.....

The deck and patio kits come with 12 sensors and all the fittings and tubing to set em up.......

Sustainable village is a source for em online , so check out a few sites before goin to the hydro whores but maybe that`s easier for yas so whatever works for yas.....anyways......

Holler if I can help Bro....DHF.....:ying:......

Sweet, that's all the info I need... much rather buy online that the hydro shop, as IIRC the shop just had loose blumats, and for sure gonna charge more than online... awesome!

:thank you:

Hey DHF, these blumats look like they are the shit. No one is on to this shit in BC where im at! We are all hand feeding every day (in my click, cant speak for the whole province) which has its benefits too but you got to be at the spot or have a worker there every day. If you dont live there its a pain in the ass. Got a couple questions though:
1. Im considering using these at my medical place in the new year. Im going to be using 20 to 25 gallon pots. Would you just use multiple maxi's for each pot?
2. I like to starve my plants in veg so the roots search deep to the bottom of the pots then blast em with lots of H20 and nutes and then let em search for the moisture again. I increase my feeding frequency gradually until 4th week of bloom and after that point I keep them wet at all times. Do the digital blumats allow you to customize the amount of moisture in the coco? Do you have experience with the digital blumats and what is your opinion on them?
Thanks for the knowledge.

D

DHF

Hey TG.....The only thing I know of that`s digital as far as blumat`s go is their digital tensiometer/moisture meter.......

Using that large a size container might take more than 1 maxi per plant to supply enough juice in late flower when they start drinkin and swellin more ........now......

Maxi`s don`t supply MORE juice , they`re actually the same size sensor as the deck and patio kit units with just an extention on em so they can be buried deeper in larger containers for bigger plants to keep total rootzone moisture control......

They are most definitely adjustable/dialable but they won`t allow the plants to dry out and then be re-watered......If yas dial em back too much it pinches off the water supply , the cone dries out , loses suction/vacuum and yas gotta start all over again.....

The only way ta know how many sensors/emitters are needed per plant is trial and error without ever having used containers that big , so it`s up to you ta run em and report back to us Bro...

Sustainable Village has cases of 50 smaller emitters for $200 , but the maxi`s are $6.25 a piece without fittings and tubing......

The deck and patio kits with all the shit needed for 12 plants is $70 , depending on which route yas wanna go.....

Anyways.....hope that helps.....

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

dizzle has it right

dizzle has it right

Veg.....is utmost improtant....and knowing your strain..

I did the same thing.....flipped bubbas at 24" finished at 28"....flipped blue dream at 20" and they hit the lights 4 times...and had to be tied down weekly to finish at 60"...and let me tell you they were a PITA.....know your strain...

When I first started in grew trees....15 gal pots 4 pots per 1000k
and the yield was good....but your veg....was the most important and topping.....keeping that canopany all the same....super cropping....LST....all were used....

I have since changed the way I grow....now using SOG.....

I have never seen an indoor plant yield 2 units....not saying it can not be done.....for trees....if you can average...6-8 oz a plant that would be pretty successful in my book....

just my 02 cents....

VEG

veg is the the most important aspect of trees, you need strong, healthy, plants with minimum stretching in veg. your stems should be thick and strong or they arent going to put on weight, and if they are falling all over the place the plant gets stressed out and yeilds drop

knowing your strain is also super important, I've flipped a casey jones at 25in that ended up hitting the ceiling, and I used to flip my kush at 40in and they would end up 4ft

clean out the insides of your girls, big plants dont have the energy to deal with larf like small plants do, your trying to squeeze 2lbs out of one rootball so dont make it harder with larf

trees need CAL, and nutes need to be dialed in different from small plants, takes a lot of work to transport nutes to a monster tree

6-8 oz off a plant under horizontal lights when you have 4 per light is pretty good! Not so good tho when you have 1 plant per light or less using vertical lighting. In fact you would just be paying the bills with not much left over.

DHF... i'll will be experimenting in the new year and i'll get back to you. Probably start with hand watering for a week when they are babies and again for a week after transplant then switch to the blumats. Thanks for the advice.