What's new

How to get max yield from trees?

icdog

Thanks guys and DHF. Was going to shoot you a pm. Did you cover the light with anything in case the plant touched it at all?

D

DHF

No screens or cages around my lights IC cuz I knew where my plants would finish after the first time I ran em , but you can tie the limbs up and away from the lights if they get too close to the bulbs...

Lotta folks use those plant yo-yo thingies...I always liked chickenwire that yas can tie off anywhere , stretch and open up the plants for more lumen penetration and air circulation , as well as support those honkin ass heavy limbs once the bitches are dialed and hoonin....

Good luck Bro...Holler if I can help.....

Peace....DHF....:ying:......

icdog

Thanks again. I read in another thread you were going to try out the blumat maxis. Did you and what do you think? I am doing soil for this round and am looking at the blumats or a timed drip system for watering. Not sure which is the way to go.
The soil is temporary as next round is ebb flo buckets.

cody2white

ghost in training
Veteran
Been wanting to do trees for awhile now. dhf is that x pattern bare bulb hung from the ceiling? Thanks bro! Low count + huge yield sounds good right now

AlexTrebek

Been wanting to do trees for awhile now. dhf is that x pattern bare bulb hung from the ceiling? Thanks bro! Low count + huge yield sounds good right now

X formation lights hung on the ceiling. ~weapon of choice - 600's~

Diamond formation canopy. ~weapon of choice - 4 x 5 gal krusty buckets~

In some countries 4 plants is barely a fine, that's why this concept appeals to the masses!

Grow on!
:tiphat:

P.S: I'm glad icdog got the info he was looking for, rep op.

zeropercentthc

The best lighting setup for big plants I ever found was when Krusty showed me where each plant can get blasted by 3 bare bulbs hangin at all times in a simple 10 x 10 room with 5 lights in an "X" pattern and 4 plants in a "Diamond" pattern.......

Would you suggest either 600w or 1000w bulbs for a 5 light 10ftx10ft setup? I suppose it would depend mainly on temperature issues? I'm wondering if the GPW would stay similar when going from 600s to 1000s, or if there would be significantly diminishing marginal returns.

D

DHF

Hey Ic.........I bought a buncha blumat deck and patio kits along with couple hundred of the new maxi`s at the time and was bout ta swap over to em from DTW rez timed feeds and a close Bro got popped and I shut down.......

All shit in storage and has been almost 3 yrs , but blumats ftw in coco guaranteed once dialed.....now.....

Guys...7'6" x 7'6" runnin 600`s but in a 10 x 10 room yas need at least 50 watts per sq ft for optimum conditions and swellage , and temps aren`t an issue if yas control your environment by whatever means necessary.....

3000 watts will work but it won`t produce the size nor quality of same said plants runnin 1000 watters cuz been there done that yrs ago.....and in fact.....

I ran my krusty bucket rooms for a decade with 600`s in the corners and 1000 watt meta lhalide`s in the center for only 34 watts per sq ft and did well cuz I knew my strain inside and out as well as what she was capable of , but once I ran her in my ebb and flow buckets with 50 watts per that Heath and Krusty both made me move up to , the difference in quality and appeal were as different as daylight and dark....50 per`ll make yas happy....bet on it........anyways.....

Gonna take a while ta get any plants big enough in soil to flip em and have big plants Bro.....Ebb and flow buckets will work but the plants`ll really need support from above ta keep from stressin em.....

If it was me I`d get some #5 smartpots full of coco with blumats and hang me some chickenwire for as many 1 lb plants as I could pack in one area....

My ol Krusty bucket bro Blue Haze showed me what he was doin in 5 gal buckets fed once a day , and I immediately started runnin my mom plants the same way .......

Needless to say growth was explosive and I made the decision to quit hydro and get damn near the same growth with dialed coco fed once a day...simple.....babyshit.....I mean....

If I was gonna grow some big plants.....that`s a real easy way........Ya`ll handle it.....

Holler if I can help.....DHF......:ying:.....

Last edited:

icdog

I'm a bit confused now dhf. I am looking to go hydro ebb flo buckets, support from above is no problem, but you've mentioned DTW a few times and coco in pots.
You think coco in smart pots will do as well as ebb flo buckets? I've looked at the blumats and they look simple and extremely useful but the don't seem as simple as ebb flo buckets.

D

DHF

Not tryin to confuse yas Bro , just tryin ta letchas know what I went through and the decisions I made for coco after runnin 5 gal ebb and flow buckets in flip rooms for over 5 yrs.....so..

Once dialed , coco will give you as much growth consistently as any fast hydro setup I ever ran , but soil is slow for veg and flower swellage IME , that`s why I was steerin yas toward coco cuz ebb and flow buckets for big plants needta be at least 5 gal buckets and most manufactured units are 2 1/2 gal pots .....

Hydro setups for big plants need large rez`s constantly maintained for ph and ppm`s that DTW coco setups don`t have ta worry bout......

KISS is what worked for me the more I did this shit over then yrs.......less work , less maintenance , less time away from real world activities is what rules the day after you`ve done this for awhile....

Coco dialed ftw.....DHF....:ying:....

Edit: you posted back before I could IC so I upped my wattage to 50 per by building the rooms accordingly.....My rooms were 6 x 6 with 1800 watts and dialed everything.....

Grizz

Veteran
I'm a bit confused now dhf. I am looking to go hydro ebb flo buckets, support from above is no problem, but you've mentioned DTW a few times and coco in pots.
You think coco in smart pots will do as well as ebb flo buckets? I've looked at the blumats and they look simple and extremely useful but the don't seem as simple as ebb flo buckets.

im not a tree grower but one thing i can tell you it dont get any easyer than 5gl pots and coco wheather you use blumats or hand water once a day, my self i prefer hand watering, i hate all those fucking water lines and drippers tripping me and pulling out of holes, fuck i guess im just lazy to. 1 hr a day watering isent shit

Slimm

im not a tree grower but one thing i can tell you it dont get any easyer than 5gl pots and coco wheather you use blumats or hand water once a day, my self i prefer hand watering, i hate all those fucking water lines and drippers tripping me and pulling out of holes, fuck i guess im just lazy to. 1 hr a day watering isent shit

Agreed on the coco. So simple.

BlueHaze

1) Vertical lighting
2) coco or soiless medium
Hydro is good but be warn to many components can go wrong. Root rot, air pumps and a very expensive water chiller to keep water temp at 72 degrees.
3)Long veg time (6 week and better)
4)The right genetics 60% sativa and 40% indica or 70/30. In tree growing you need the stretch. You need multiple arms
5)optimum growing condition and co2
6) Very good spacing

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I only rawk the CoCo.....good luck and may you yield so much you get arthritis at trim time....like what happened to me ...lol!

D

DHF

HeeHee.....was talkin bout you the other day Blue Haze.....hope all`s been well with you and yours Bro.....

Ya`ll would do well ta check BH`s link cuz he knows his shit.....talked me into usin coco yrs ago for my moms and the rest was history...total conversion from hydro to coco dtw....

Take care and good luck....DHF......:ying:......

Latest posts

Latest posts