What's new

How to Garden By The Moon

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Lookin good everyone! The moon is right for birthin em! I dropped some goodies a few hours ago, finger's crossed!

And Lola, yeah, extra tops, lol. :D

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
Oh....... You've been a busy little bee !!!

Yeah.......Them White Widows look good (all the others too). They got a nice Indica look to em. That's good for indoor growing.

When do I wanna start some seeds according to the Moon? And if I usually get 100 % with good growth..........does it really matter? Would I see a difference in growth?

Keep up the good work LG !! :smile:

L

LolaGal

Week Ahead in Moon Gardening

Week Ahead in Moon Gardening

Hi Ya'll

Sunday, today Moon is Barren, 2nd quarter Virgo

Mon 6th - Virgo Barren

Tue 7th - 11:22PM EST Moon enters Libra, 2nd quarter. Flip Plants NOW!

Wed 8th - FULL MOON Libra, Flip plants Now!

Thu 9th - Libra, Moon enters 3rd quarter 10:56 AM EST

Fri 10th - Moon enters Scorpio 05:23 AM EST, Fruitful Sign. 3rd quarter. Plant seeds NOW! Clone plants NOW! This is my fave germ/cloning sign. Great for rooting!

Sat 11th - Scorpio, Water Sign, Fruitful, 3rd quarter. Plant and Clone NOW!

Sun 12th - Moon enters Sagittarius at 2:00 PM EST, BARREN, 3rd quarter.

As you can see this is going to be one of the busiest weeks of all! This is when you should clone plants for outdoor use! Plant crops for outdoor use! Spring has sprung and time to get busy Moon Cultists! Have fun!

:dance: Thanks for dropping in! Glad to hear from ya'll! :dance:

L

LolaGal

Yet another White Haired Widow Gal! WOW

Yet another White Haired Widow Gal! WOW

Oh....... You've been a busy little bee !!!

Yeah.......Them White Widows look good (all the others too). They got a nice Indica look to em. That's good for indoor growing.

When do I wanna start some seeds according to the Moon? And if I usually get 100 % with good growth..........does it really matter? Would I see a difference in growth?

Keep up the good work LG !! :smile:

Thanks Pirate! I found another female White Widow today! Yeah, don't know how many that makes, but the ratio is way high to gals. I have found 2 possible males so far, and we all know what that means! Possible usually means certainty of males! Might do some pollen chucking!

I still have my NL5Haze pollen saved! Anybody wanna see any crosses from my gear, let me know!

Pirate, your plants will be more in tune with nature and get fatter and bigger with Moon Gardening! Never hurts already proven techniques! They will also be more disease resistant. When you burn your sulphur, do it on a barren weed and pest killing day! It will work better! Kill more powdery mildew! Use a fire sign day for killing! Since 3rd & 4th quarter coming up, I'll be sure and let you know a Super Killing Date!

L

LolaGal

Cracky that is a nice site, but it is not right. They are using sidereal zodiac and i use tropical zodiac, which is more accurate. They are telling you to plant in bad signs. Farmer's Almanac uses the same thing. Can you change it to a tropical zodiac?

C

Cracky

boy, you're quick! I wasn't sure if it was proper site for our needs.

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
Thanks Pirate! I found another female White Widow today! Yeah, don't know how many that makes, but the ratio is way high to gals. I have found 2 possible males so far, and we all know what that means! Possible usually means certainty of males! Might do some pollen chucking!

I still have my NL5Haze pollen saved! Anybody wanna see any crosses from my gear, let me know!

Pirate, your plants will be more in tune with nature and get fatter and bigger with Moon Gardening! Never hurts already proven techniques! They will also be more disease resistant. When you burn your sulphur, do it on a barren weed and pest killing day! It will work better! Kill more powdery mildew! Use a fire sign day for killing! Since 3rd & 4th quarter coming up, I'll be sure and let you know a Super Killing Date!
Thanks for the info LG !!
Some dates to consider here.

Also thanks for my profile message on Sulfur Burning dates.

Your to cool !!!

L

LolaGal

Brrr. Cold snap

Brrr. Cold snap

Heehee, my bloom plants think it is October for sure! Last nite got 38 degrees here and I had the windows open in bloom for fresh air! Eeeekkk! Wonder what they thought last night? I bet they were glad when the lights kicked on!

Che

Veteran
Cold is the key to kick ass colors!

I recently tried some commercial herb labelled "Cali-O" and it was really nice. The buds were massively huge - many over a half ounce!! Great flavor and stone, relaxing and happy. If yours is like the stuff I smoked, you're in for a real treat!

L

LolaGal

Die Fungus Gnats Die!

Die Fungus Gnats Die!

Hey Ya'll!

Battling the fungus gnats here. Got some Mosquito Dunks (same as Gnatrol) and a Shell No Pest Strip.

I have searched the internet and can't find a recipe for Mosquito Dunks Drench for my soil. Anybody got any suggestions?

Thanks Ya'll!

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Lola's got bugs. eeew!

Lola's got bugs. eeew!

Looks like you have a handle on it.
The other trick is to let the girls get very dry.

F.G.s like muck.
Dry soil won't support them.
It's a delicate balance.

What helped most with mine was good old Reflectix.
I cut pot sized pieces and made a hole in the center for the stalk.
Preserved some of the light and messed with them buggahs when they tried to lay more eggs.

The tulip growers put an inch of white sand on top of the soil for the same reason. It breaks their life cycle.
Drains so well that it won't stay wet enough for the eggs to hatch. New adults have trouble climbing through it as well.

I like the Reflectix, less of a mess than sand.
I still see about one a week, but I can live wit dat.
Use whatever you have handy as long as it covers the soil surface.

Killem.
Weeze

Fingaz2

Cheers Lola, going to sprout 8 beans on friday, 10.30-11 am Gmt. Got 4/8 last time, lets see if moon power does better.

L

LolaGal

Lola Is On a Killing Spree! Fungus gnats sneak in soil, attack!

Lola Is On a Killing Spree! Fungus gnats sneak in soil, attack!

Weez, won't let me see the attachment, sez invalid.

Sexed my Widows. Nearly 2-1 females! Killed a Widow male and fed it to the cat. Now I'm fixin to go kill me some Fungus Gnats.

What do ya'll think about these devils? Is it just me? I have several plants that were started Valentine's Day. They are mere seedlings. They are slightly yellow. When I watered them, I noticed lots of lovely fungus gnats in the pots where plants were stunted. Do ya'll think gnats could cause these symptoms?

After researching the subject of killing fungus gnats with Mosquito Dunks, I still can't find any dosage for a gallon of water soil drench. So here goes nothing, my recipe for fungus gnat killing.

Fungus Gnat Killing Experiment #1: Add one tablespoon of mosquito dunk to one gallon of warm water. Soak overnight. Stir. Pour over soil as a drench. Get stethoscope and listen for tiny screams! (Well actually I guess it would be better to go back in 2 days and listen for sounds of tiny retching!)

What it Might Be Like To Be A Fungus Gnat Larvae At Lola's House:

Gnat 1: Wow, I really like it here in Lola's NLHaze. Hee,hee you know she only has 4 of those beans left. Have some more root hairs, they are so good...yum yum.

Gnat 2: (looks worried) Yes, these are good roots, I've been munching on em for weeks now. My Dad lived in the bloom room, but now we live here in veg, it's so nice. 24 hour lighting and all. However, I have an uneasy feeling. It's been rather dry here lately. Do you think something's up?

Gnat 1: Oh no problem, Lola will water us any time now... here she comes. Yum yum fresh breeding water for our sisters. Let's go get a drink.

Gnat 2: Mmm. smells extra delicious. Must be more molasses. (gets a drink). I must have more. Delicious. sorta mushroomy....yum yum.

TWO DAYS LATER

Gnat 1 & 2 : (Puking) So thirsty, so sick....help us...help us....

L

LolaGal

Cheers Lola, going to sprout 8 beans on friday, 10.30-11 am Gmt. Got 4/8 last time, lets see if moon power does better.

Good Luck! I'm gearing up too! Gonna get the mules out and ride to town for supplies.

LLCoolBud

Haha Lola, hopefully those buggers will find somewhere else to take up residence.

Awesome thread, hopefully tomoro or the next day I can germ some new babies on the 3rd phase I got 3 days to make it here on time!

Really interested to see the results!

L

LolaGal

Party like a rock star

Party like a rock star

Hey gang! Partying my butt off since my visit from the Canna Rabbit! Mmm..my basket was full of Dutch Passion Orange Bud and Sweet Seeds Jack 47....yum yum.

It's only been 10 days or so, but my Cali Orange is budding like mad! I do hope that it will continue getting bigger buds!

Innoculated all my pots for Fungus Gnats! Die Fungus gnats Die! That Shell No Pest strip is killing them all as well! Little bodies are everywhere!

Well, time to take the medicine! (Lola fires up her bong & falls into a coma)

:dance: Bye Ya'll :dance: