What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to deal with threatening and volatile users?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I got a pm from Leeroy yesterday stating what he stated above. I hadn't seen the thread, and needless to say this has shaken me up, as I imagine it has others also. This is UNACCEPTABLE...if the person in question is just joking...well its a hell of a nasty joke on a forum such as this. And a childish way to get revenge if its done out of spite. Fact is Leeroy is one of the sweetest and most friendly downright good at heart members I've had the pleasure to meet here, and I'm hating what he's been forced to do because of some brainless asshole. 98% of the people on these boards are the finest people I've met in ages....but those 2% of rotten apples really push the limits. There are other ways to deal with anger...more or less acceptable, but any of them are a hundred fold more acceptable than threats of this type.
Do unto others.....

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Without going into detail.....I have sent a message to Leeroy and hope I receive a positive answer.

As for Leeroy's troublemaker....instantly banned. :spank: :no: :spank:

Hoping to hear something from Leeroy.....*dg cups hands around mouth and gives a big shout, HEY LEEROY!!!*

For your security, and I can't say it enough times....please, do not give out your safe addy for the sake of some free seeds from some unknown internet entity! There is no seed trading/swapping etc allowed on the site (see forum guidelines)! I've binned several threads recently and can't believe some of our long term members had still indicated in posts they'd participate.....all such threads/posts will be deleted.

dg

G

Gday peeps, sorry its taken so long to get back, a few of the wife's family is arriving from overseas soon and she has been in need of a driver to run her about...

I logged on to find this thread and a few pms and i jst wanted to say thankyou, you know who you are...the ones who make this place a damn fine establishment.

First of all, I hope i AM over-reacting because that means im safer.

If im not over reacting well, ive just spent the last 24 hours making my grow area as safe as can be, and IF i go down, im holding my head high, so who ever it is who is doing this, i just want you to know... Im prepared for being busted...you go on and do what you said, and ill be here waiting for the boys in blue holding my head high...

Im confident this geezer doesnt know anything real about me,infact im fairly sure its hashasin with a grudge, but that remains to be seen as i cant expose the isp yet.

But just the fact that i cant be 100% sure drives me up the wall so ive assesed my legal issues and culled plants to make sure if i do get picked up, its going to be a first offense small number of plants only. As i am NOT willing to stop growing.The quality of life suffers without weed in my case so its a risk worth taking.

A friend sent a pm about this issue and I thought is was a nice gesture to say that
**If we stick togetter, we can keep IC a friendly, family atmosphere.. **

I just want to say thanks Natty, you know thats why i became addicted to this site in the frst place...your pms always make me smile girl :)

The members in this place make it something different, and even though its a smaller community compared to OG, the quality of growers is amazing...and mature, and i like that alot.

The maturity level and friendlyness of the members is what i like most about this place :)

I mean, where else can you go into a chat room and met rezdog, or gypsy, or , bubbleman, etc?

I dont want the OG bickering and drama threads here just as much as anyone else,
but when your attacked, or proded, or threatened, what is it that you can do?

Espcially if the person who is doing it, is obviously floating around still watching and creating new member names to do the same thing again..and possibly again.. and again...

You see... this is what i want to stop...the harrasment, thats all.

I know,i can hear some of you saying, why not just use the ignore feature, but he/she is creating new handles....*sigh*

Just by being myself i have pissed off someone so much they feel the need to be just bloody childish and get my heckles up with trying to threaten my security....

The only way i felt i can make it stop is by deleting everything.
Thats what i thought last night anyway..

After reading the ideas on the thread of how to handle it, maybe there is a way to better deal with this issue, am i jumping the gun, in true Aries style?

If i know for sure the very few people who do have my addy are trustworthy , then does it make sense that who ever is doing this is just a bored person with an internet cyber chip on his shoulder?

I dont want to jump ship...thats not what this is about, i just figured if i couldnt be "seen", then who ever it is will go away.

G

PS: I do not give out safe addy for sake of free seeds! I have too many seeds lol.
I have made some friends who i am sending xmas cards to and communicating with, and i agree DG, i dont encourage any one to give out safe addys to anyone they dont know!

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Howdy Leeroy.....glad to see you heard my shout :D Also, sorry if it appeared in my post that you were being addressed regarding seed trading....I was merely using that as a current example regarding one's own security and what needs/should be done to protect that. Rather than create a new thread about it....just threw that security concern in here.

Glad to see you rethinking things....I can confirm to you that unless YOU gave your safe addy to someone online, then no one has it or can get it from this site. Just idle threats Leeroy meant to wind you up....some people get off on cyber games. You can rest assured that the nic threatening you has been banned, along with another one that was created. In the future....and this goes for not just Leeroy, always let us in Admin know ASAP when trouble rears its ugly head on the site so we can sort it out post haste.

Welcome Back Leeroy!........but you hadn't really gone far :p

Thanks, dg

G

Leeroy do whatever you feel is right for yourself, regarding the to post or not to post. Have faith only in those who've proved themselves tried and true, know that you are highly considered by myself as well as many others, and that the ICMag admins will not fail you. Whatever you do decide, its all good...we'll love you either way :) though someone's gotta keep Elvis from hogging all the popcorn, and you seem to be the only one he wants to share with ;).

G

**I was merely using that as a current example regarding one's own security and what needs/should be done to protect that. Rather than create a new thread about it....just threw that security concern in here.**

Loud and clear DG, i think if anything, things like this can be used to educate and make people aware of it so they can be best guarded.
Please, everyone be safe and sensible. And thanks DG, you know your members dont stray too far for too long huh? :p

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
Leeroy man, sorry to hear that you're still bein hassled. Damn shame that people wanna play this child's game and act like assholes. I'm glad that it sounds like you're hangin around. You're a cool cat, and we need ya around here. We can't afford to lose another member of our green army. Much love to ya Leeroy.
cook

G

Thanks Blue and Cook, your words are making me a bit speechless, so ill just say thanks :)

Rellikbuzz

:) Ahhhhh, Dutch . . . the voice of reason. Don't you just love her? That's why IC is the greatest grow site on the web!! Many thanks to you, sweetheart. You're the best!!

Leeroy- Now that you are still posting, I hope this means you have reconsidered leaving the site. Let me be just the first to say . . .

I GOT YOUR BACK, BRO!!!!!

We have all got to just stick together to make a stand against the Man and any other f'ing fools that try to screw up our harmonious little world we have here! Welcome back, Leeroy! :yes:

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
you are lucky!!! We were going to get the addy from this guy after we....as Farmer John puts it perfectly........
Hit them with a smelly trout, hard
and track you down to make sure you styed here!! :laughing:

Glad you are sticking around. We can handle trolls like that one...........

Fatboy

send Guido for a visit........ :bashhead:

in some eyes our hobby makes us a criminal.....
i am just trying to eliminate the criminal element....

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
man brother that shit sux ass but im glad ya didnt leave your post are informative so hang tight bro
peace chucky

I was soooo relieved when I got Leeroys PM and saw that he had surpassed his 420 post mark. I feel a goodness from so many people here and it would have been tragic to lose such a fine member to threats and abusive attacks. The rally for Leeroy has made us stronger as a community. Let us look to each other and the staff when we need help sorting things out. If you are a member here regardless of ability or post count you are a member of a growing family. Overcoming obstacles like this will only make us stronger in the long run. Together we can overcome any adversity. Peace and Good Growing/Smoking to ALL. Your FRIEND Herb

G

After a joint of blueberry the world seems normal again, thanks guys~

*passes around the doobie*

Status
Not open for further replies.