What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to control height with this plant? Advice?

Mattbho

Dosidos . I run this alot . These are before I started cal mag foliar.

Attachments

• Bloch46_copy_2016x1512.jpg
    Bloch46_copy_2016x1512.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
  • Blocges25_022315_copy_2016x1512.jpg
    Blocges25_022315_copy_2016x1512.jpg
    639.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Bloches303_205622_copy_2016x1512.jpg
    Bloches303_205622_copy_2016x1512.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57

Rtaym22224

Did this plant get the map?
No.
The ones that badly needed map I did foliar spray and mixed in with water the plants were so compromised at that point I threw them away and started over. I’ve kept one from the grow you saw before it’s stunted and overfed but recovering now very well. MAP saved this plant

These are the three new ones I put them from cubes into 1 gal bags. Will move to five gal after roots fill in fullY.

Double dos I dos, sherbadough, purple punch

My problems with the plants I tossed were from improper watering and feeding. Soil too hot with organic nutes; feeding on top of that when they just need fucking water, and I wasn’t putting enough water through to get 20% runoff I was getting none and would stop watering. This lead to a salt and nutrient buildup where my runoff was a coming in at ph of 6 and ec of 1900

Kept running gals of distilled through it wirh fox farm nutes (not big bloom just their soil microbe stuff, root enhancers, )until runoff was 500ppm at 6.5ph

But the plant was too far gone thanks for following me on here
g you always have great answers

Attachments

• A7629A52-A58C-4970-AA0B-EFE7AAB485DE.jpeg
    A7629A52-A58C-4970-AA0B-EFE7AAB485DE.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
  • 8E877C99-011E-4932-896B-1F94BF4361DB.jpeg
    8E877C99-011E-4932-896B-1F94BF4361DB.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 49
  • CDCB50F7-720E-4C44-97DE-A6FD98DB37C6.jpeg
    CDCB50F7-720E-4C44-97DE-A6FD98DB37C6.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
When using Fox Farms only use pure water without anything for the first 6 weeks. If your plants are in small containers then just up-pott into a larger container instead of using fertilizer. I like to wait until the plants are almost flowering before adding any fertilizer. You need more light wattage too. 😎

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
No.
The ones that badly needed map I did foliar spray and mixed in with water the plants were so compromised at that point I threw them away and started over. I’ve kept one from the grow you saw before it’s stunted and overfed but recovering now very well. MAP saved this plant

These are the three new ones I put them from cubes into 1 gal bags. Will move to five gal after roots fill in fullY.

My problems with the plants I tossed were from improper watering and feeding. Soil too hot with organic nutes; feeding on top of that when they just need fucking water, and I wasn’t putting enough water through to get 20% runoff I was getting none and would stop watering. This lead to a salt and nutrient buildup where my runoff was a coming in at ph of 6 and ec of 1900

Kept running gals of distilled through it wirh fox farm nutes (not big bloom just their soil microbe stuff, root enhancers, )until runoff was 500ppm at 6.5ph

Friend never prune your roots because the root tips are the most important part of the root. IF you prune those tips off, it's like chopping a worm's head off and expecting it to act normal. The root tips have a most important activity that the inner roots don't. 😎

Ca++

When using Fox Farms only use pure water without anything for the first 6 weeks. If your plants are in small containers then just up-pott into a larger container instead of using fertilizer. I like to wait until the plants are almost flowering before adding any fertilizer. You need more light wattage too. 😎
He has 80 moles per day. It's 20-40 in the tropics.

jackspratt61

No.

How did the roots look on the plants you tossed?

Three Berries

If you have high CO2 and lots o light them feed them some calcium chloride. They can take up to 1400 ppm either foliar or poured on top. When I had the 3k ppm they got it almost 1/2 cup every day near the end of veg. They will love it.

X15

Doesn’t work well with my current life situation and position. Was doing 18 but switched to 24 last light cycle and will keep it there throughout veg. I think with my co2 on point they can handle and take more light but I may be wrong

I just tore my acl, miniscus, compound fracture in my knee and foot, multiple surgeries in the last few days. I haven’t fully perfected temps and humidity and VPD with my tent fully sealed so 18/6 was a pain in my add and I can’t be getting up to zip and unzip my tent doing the best I can do

And I also am of the belief that 24 hour light cycles are totally fine for a cannabis plant. My electrical bill will be higher
but what are you trying to gain by giving the plant so much light?

your Plants are trying to tell you they aren’t happy.

Rtaym22224

but what are you trying to gain by giving the plant so much light?

your Plants are trying to tell you they aren’t happy.
I don’t believe I will gain much by giving the plants 24 hours of light. I think they are actually growing faster , drinking more, and requiring more nutrients by far

I just tore my acl, ruptured a tendon in my ankle , sprained my knee; compound fractures in foot. I am totally non ambulatory right now.
I did not have enough time to perfect my environment well enough to run an 18/6 cycle without me having to get up at lights off to turn off co2, humidifier, zip ups and close the whole tent and repeat six hours later

I am maintaining perfect temps and humidity stable 24/7 with tent fully closed it using a carbon filtered air intake and a larger carbon filtered exhaust that dumps out of the house.

This makes my life easier hope that makes sense that’s why I’m doing 24/0 and not 18/6 which is my personal preference although I have to say the plants are responding positively to 24 hours of light they’re drinking faster and I’m seeing higher growth rates i measure my plants regularly

Rtaym22224

And I’m very close to being able to run 18/6 with the tent closed at this
Point, I’m almost certain

And I’m getting 25 days out of a 20Lb co2 tank that is maintaining 950-1400 ppm right now 24/7… in a fucking grow tent that leaks co2. Using co2 is possible effectively in a tent if done just right Using an atlas 9 co2 controller

Reactions: X15

X15

I gotcha Bud. Sorry to hear about your knee, that’s a painful few months I know! But it great youre doin the damn thing while injured. That’s what we need more than not, something to keep us sharp and active. props

Maybe next go around try throwing a couple mushroom fruiting bags in there if you are really set on adding Co2 and turn the Lights off for 6-8 hours. let those babies get into Circadian Rhythm.

Ca++

ec 28? I knew they were stuffed with food, but didn't see that coming.

Stop feeding. Turn off the co2. Reduce light 60-70%

You may then grow decent plants if the substrate isn't too messed with.